Help! My brush on sealer destroyed my work!

Did you clean the figure before you started painting?

Residue from whatever the miniatures company uses as a mold release can stay on the figure when it leaves the mold. In addition to keeping the material from sticking to the mold, it'll also keep paint from sticking to the figure.

This is usually the cause of paint coming off the figure, although it could also be your primer.

Give it a gentle but thorough scrubbing in soapy water with an old toothbrush or something, and then let it dry completely before you try painting it again.

• Like 2

I did brush and wash the miniature long before priming. It has been over 24 hours and when I attempted to seal it is almost like the sealer ate the paint. I am so pi**** because this is going to someone. 

I have been able to restore where it was damaged. I'd like to spray seal it but worry that whatever did that would reactivate.

Edited by Kendal
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, vutpakdi said:

Did it dissolve all of the paint (down to the plastic)?  Or only a layer (like a wash layer)?

Ron

Totally all of it down to the plastic. But some parts did decline a layer

Edited by Kendal

Sorry, I don't have a clue now: I've never heard or seen such a thing.  It's like the sealer is more like alcohol or some other solvent.  Have you tried using the sealer on a test mini or two to see if it's a particular paint or all/most of the Vallejo that you have?

Ron

• Like 1

So normally I spray. I have brushed a few but never had a problem. The piece was going to a customer and when I saw the sealer disolve the paint like that I was livid. I was able to make it right, but it kills me because I have NEVER seen it. What could trigger a seal to disolve paint?