Sign in to follow this  
Lord of the Dish Pit

WizKids Zombies

I refer to these two as "Mullet" and "Bub". I used Bronzed Skin with a wash of Druchii Violet highlighted with Bronzed Highlight which I really liked the results of. Bub's clothing was Vallejo German Field Grey and Luftwafe Uniform WW2, as I hadn't used those for anything yet and wanted to try them out. I discovered that after putting the Vallejo Matt Varnish on them that what once was dull is now glossy. wkzombies1.JPG.9fabb63f20102411537240f1d670df31.JPGwkzombies2.JPG.6a4893959f72e5c4d9003393ae5808a1.JPG

• Like 11

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Evilhalfling
      Time to paint a new Dragon.  and whats a dragon without a WIP? 
      This will be My second largest painted Dragon,  behind only DDS2.  It will slip to 3rd when I get around to painting the KDM Dragon King, that boy is a Chonk.  
      My goal is two months - ie end of the year.  otherwise I will have only finished one dragon this year,  when normally I paint 3. 

but white is so boring.  
      lets see what references I can find to spice it up. 

Ooooh Mamma ! 

so to translate this into the figure ... 
      mint/pastel green tint on scales, pink in the creases. 
      the lizard above seems to have green around some scales and pink around others.  im not really sure how to make that work. 

time for some rough drafts.

Rule of thirds - all white surfaces should be 1/3 or less other colors,  this way it should still read as white scales. 
      It could easily overwhelm the dragon, and lose the white designation . (ie DO NOT replicate the too green small lizard on the top.) 
      I don't need back legs on my sketch, patterns will be identical to the front legs. 
      Should I splatter with yellow?  - it is either random color shift on scales or urine stains.  

Paint Colors: 
      Entrail Pink mixed with white for the creases  (red liner deepest shadow) 
      Green sky (vallejo) for the mint green, also 50/50 white.  (green liner for darkest shadows)
      Linen white as a base - Pure white for highlights. 
      Snow shadow (blue/white)   for shadows on the scales.
      The wings should be darker on above than below, and more pink ,  while the upper surface will be more green.  

Basing -
      Simple Snow Base.    The Dragon needs to be sturdy as it will join the collection that my Mini-Spawn plays with.    It comes with a transparent pole, and attachment points to the base. 
      No  need to reinvent the wheel. 

I think I need to sleep on this before moving past the clean-up stage. 
      Comments , Criticism or Suggestions?  

• By lazarp
      Painted some zombies for my Rangers of Shadowdeep games, they were quick and fun to paint 

• By Nial ap Morai
      Tried to paint the Griffon to look like Buckbeak (a hippogriff I could not locate) for a friend’s HP diorama. 

• By Lidless Eye
      I know I messed up the timing this year, and worked on Deadcember instead of Orctober.   I wasn't feeling super-motivated by the small amount of unpainted Orcs I had, but from my Frostgrave II: Arcanic Boogaloo order had a ton of the living dead.  And one never has enough Zombies.

However, it means there's plenty of spookybois to be shown off!

The Draugr, mostly converted from the Fireforge Living Dead Peasants and Frostgrave Barbarians with some Warhammer bits.

The Knockers, again Fireforge Living Dead Peasants with Warhammer Dwarf Miners hats and bits from Mantic and Mage Knight.
      I think I should go back and add big rucksacks...and redo the flames to be the correct order.

Just plain Fireforge Living Dead Peasants, with the exception of a Frostgrave Cultist head for the Executioner.

The Old Vet, a 3D print from Retro Quest

Undead Pirates from EC3D "Depths of Savage Atoll"

Former Imperials, converted from Warhammer Empire, Mantic Undead, and Frostgrave Cultists (Undead bits)

Mostly Mantic.  Beware the spine whip!

And lastly, when your Necromancer runs out of skulls, the Creeping Claws!  3D prints from Crippled God Foundry

• By Iridil
      Here is a trio of Wizkids elves painted up for tabletop. It was very annoying to get to the bowman's face - so its not really painted in detail. I have mixed feeling about wizkids humanoids.... I feel a bit grumpy about how these didn't turn out, but its' my fault... I do like the yellow velveteen effect I got on the one cloak...

• Who's Online   20 Members, 0 Anonymous, 47 Guests (See full list)