• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By PhantomAquarist
      God this one was a fun one to paint. 🥰

Anyone know which miniature Anne is painting on the right screen? 😄 

Jon Overton, Dave Pugh, and Anne Foerster I tried to do justice. Lol

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, this is the third and last of my 06132, Skeleton Swordsman sculpted by Kevin Williams. I added some group pictures too.

Group picture with the 02126 Arachno-Assassin.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here's my second 06132, Skeleton swordsman. This Warlord Necropolis Grunt was sculpted by Kevin Williams. Like the first one I painted, the lightning on its sword is freehand painting. These huge swords are great canvas to elaborate all kinds of effects.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone! After painting my 16 Citadel skeletons, I wanted to try something different on this one. Here is my rendition of my first 06132, Skeleton with Two-Handed sword sculpted by Kevin Williams. The lightning on its sword's blade is freehand painting, I used Reaper MSP paint.

• By R2ED
      Painting weekends are the best.  I'm trying to maximize as much as I can before fishing takes over my life and every free moment of the weekends.  Although, I can't complain about wanting to get outside after being trapped inside for the last 6 months.

These little fellas got done over a 2 month period.  I primed them, then let them sit.  Then started a litte, didn't like what I did, then put them back down for another month.  Decided to spice it up and go for broke and just lay paint down on whatever came to mind.  Glad I did as it pushed me to do something different.

BATTLE REPORT! 

Wins:
      *  I ended up doing an Army Primer Plate Mail color - even though I put this in as a win, it did have a few complications.  The AP primer seems to make them tacky.  The longer it sits the more tacky it gets.  However, the win here is that it saved me a lot of time covering all the plate mail.  
      *  Got to test out what inks and paints do over AP primer in metal color.  I'm not sure the paint properties were all that great, but I definitely learned a lot in the process.
      *  The red on the broadsword knight was a test of shading and layering.  Not my best work, but it gets the idea across.
      *  I liked the brighter "knightly" colors used in Orange and red. 
      *  The checkering on the red/black knight was my favorite.  A real test of patience in laying the lines down and then filling in.  VERY CAREFULLY.  
      *  The Orange checker was less consistent, but good to test across a wider stretch to see if I could.  It worked, Iiked the result, but still more to improve upon next time.
      *  I really enjoyed practicing black lining with these two and trying to keep a steady hand separating the plates due to the primer just coating the whole thing one color.

Misses:
      * Black ink does NOT coat well on AP primer.  It takes two good coats and ends up with this slight, for lack of a better way of describing it "crackling" appearance in the ink.  It's like it has a hard time bonding and drying evenly.  Learned not to do this again.
      *  I also learned that doing a checker pattern is easier with a dark undercoat and you don't notice mistakes as much.  The orange/black combo really stands out where there's a slight line out of place.  
      *  Silver/Gunmetal are still super difficult for me to do and finding a way to make them pop is challenging.  Any advice here is appreciated.  Just something to make the weapons and armor stand out.

Here they are!

• Who's Online   24 Members, 2 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)