So got my first airbrush yesterday and was messing about figuring out how to use it. Today I had my first attempt at basecoating and basic shading with it. Dont think I have the dilution quite right, but I'm not sure which way to go. C&C appreciated!

59f504005dc96_airbrushing(1).thumb.jpg.0774ed3cb4d01b8d68354c11814f780b.jpg559f5040871738_airbrushing(3).thumb.jpg.6c65d4ecd4c6fc84c2ad9949ff29f6f8.jpg59f504049dc36_airbrushing(2).thumb.jpg.23761f19ad422d65b8c2d1898e5c57d2.jpg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, ThirstyBob said:

Also, how bad of an idea would it be to try to do a metallic yellow outline on the wings? With an airbrush?

Liquid mask or tape could help achieve that.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mr Melons said:

Liquid mask or tape could help achieve that.

Hmm good idea, I was probably just going to edge highlight with a brush but that is definitely worth considering. Thanks!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, knarthex said:

Careful with the liquid mask...

It can be

overly tenacious...

Yeah. For some people it works for them though. For me.... it's tape.

• Like 1

I've never used liquid mask so I don't have any, and I don't have any proper model tape just regular. Probably going to edge highlight but for now...

The Byakhee Base-Coat Beauty Contest is in full swing! Vote for your favorite!

23030688_1724688344209553_1808741261_o.thumb.jpg.e5fe1a8ea92047c458cefe4b8c6b9e96.jpg

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, ThirstyBob said:

I've never used liquid mask so I don't have any, and I don't have any proper model tape just regular. Probably going to edge highlight but for now...

You don't need fancy tape. If you have making tape like this:

2364-24x55.jpg

All you have to do is cut to the desired length and stick it a few times to a shirt. That way most of the tack is off and it won't pull your paint. And voila, no mess.

• Like 3

It's soo cool, I still need practice with mine, I don't have proper airbrush paints but it seems like it's gonna be a huge timesaver. I got the 180$ paasche kit on amazon. And it's super nice.

• Like 1

Always glad to see more work on mythos minis, especially from my favorite game! 

My advice on color scheme is to keep them somewhat aligned to the color for the faction. That means working in yellow. Based on that, I say the two on the right and then bring up yellow accents. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Talae said:

Always glad to see more work on mythos minis, especially from my favorite game! 

My advice on color scheme is to keep them somewhat aligned to the color for the faction. That means working in yellow. Based on that, I say the two on the right and then bring up yellow accents. 

Yeah I thought about the color schemes per faction, but I dunno, I don't think I'm good enough to make yellow look eldritch. Maybe if I just do green or blue then highlight yellow?

My personal opinion is that it still a game and factions should be visibly a similar enough scheme at a glance.

That being said, bases could be used to unify things. Yellow highlights or detail work are options as well. Some combination of that could work.

• Like 1

Wash went a bit weird on the 4th one, not sure what happened. The paint was super thirsty and sucked it up a bunch. So she's sitting this one out. These are the remaining beauty contestants.

IMG_20171030_083340.thumb.jpg.e9909fdd98341c81f0a6fbfce5606f42.jpg

• Like 4