Glitterwolf

Kaladrax on her Mausoleum by Glitterwolf

Geez that's a big dragon! Wonderful idea putting her on top of the mausoleum! It is a heck of a scene ::D:

• Like 7

Awesome! I will say it again...I have yet to see a bad version of this grave yard set and your black, ivory, copper version is gorgeous.  Then add Kaladrax and you have a beautiful diorama. Nice work. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Geez that's a big dragon! Wonderful idea putting her on top of the mausoleum! It is a heck of a scene ::D:

1 minute ago, KruleBear said:

Awesome! I will say it again...I have yet to see a bad version of this grave yard set and your black, ivory, copper version is gorgeous.  Then add Kaladrax and you have a beautiful diorama. Nice work. 

Thank you both!

It was fun to do.

I had to store it in a plastic container because of the size..

Since I love Undead, more stuff will come up later.

• Like 3

I somewhen lost track during the WIP but the end result is stunning. You put of a lot of effort into it and there are a lot of details to discover. Great work!

(the picture could use a bit more contrast, though. They are very bright, which is hard to see on my screen, sitting near the window.)

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pingo said:

This is wild!

Thank you!!!

2 minutes ago, hiddenone32 said:

That's awesome!  You did an amazing job.  Looks like she found a nice perch.

I don't think anyone will ever be able to visit that crypt anymore! ::P:

1 minute ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

I somewhen lost track during the WIP but the end result is stunning. You put of a lot of effort into it and there are a lot of details to discover. Great work!

(the picture could use a bit more contrast, though. They are very bright, which is hard to see on my screen, sitting near the window.)

Thx!

Taking pictures was a pain, she is so big..

I took mine in the garden for natural light and tried to use the black boards for a little contrast.

• Like 2

Might I also point out that you finished just in time to use it as a Halloween decoration in a window? ^_^

• Like 5

There are EVIL THINGS stirring at the Graveyard tonight. That did turn out SPLENDIDLY. There are all sorts of little details to find. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Might I also point out that you finished just in time to use it as a Halloween decoration in a window? ^_^

Now there is an idea!

I also have this which will adorn the table this season

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/65908-pumpkin-witches-and-their-house-by-glitterwolf/&/topic/65908-pumpkin-witches-and-their-house-by-xherman1964/?hl=pumpkin

2 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Fantastic! Brutus gets all the credit for this scen, for all of this wouldn't have happened without his brilliant supervision of this project. ^_^

He is proud!

2 hours ago, Clearman said:

I like the ghostly white shrubs.  Is that a natural lichen, or treated with something?

I bought it like this in a garden centre, called Icelandic Lichen.

1 hour ago, Kangaroorex said:

MINE!

And no One is going to take it away from her either...

Nice work there, I like the piece very much 

Nobody dares to approach, except maybe an insane Necromancer.

56 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

AWESOME JOB!!!!! You really have a very cool piece here. 

Thx Paul!

Glad you like it!

42 minutes ago, malefactus said:

There are EVIL THINGS stirring at the Graveyard tonight. That did turn out SPLENDIDLY. There are all sorts of little details to find. VERY WELL DONE!

Thx Al.

The Graveyard isn't peaceful anymore!

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      One of my favorite Fantasy races are the Undead, followed by Chaos and Reptilians.
      I already have my Lost World Project which tells a tale of Conquistadores, Reptilians, Dinosaurs, Undead and a lot more.
      However those Undead are the Egyptian Style and Pirate/Jungle style.

This thread will be filled with my beloved Gothic Undead, Demons, Monsters and all things that go bump in the night.
      In my Lost World Project I tell an ongoing story, here I will post about all other dark things without coherency.
      There might be snippets of loose stories to accompany a mini or not...

I hope you guys and gals and creatures will like it.

Let's kick off with the critters I painted a while ago to get a feel of what is coming.

Enjoy! ( or not)

Bats and a Murder of Crows

EDIT: I will include some Bones and minis. The bulk will be metal and I want to give this an oldschool vibe.
      Preferred minis will be, Reaper, Grenadier, Ral Partha, Rafm, Metal Magic, Otherworld and Early Citadel.
      The Asian Undead will be from Zenith since I backed the Kensei Undead Samurai KS and will get their own thread.

Changed the name of the Project.

Eldessa Necromancer

Ral Partha Female Vampire

Lurien and Aysa

Bat Demon

• By Darcstaar
      This is my most ambitious attempt to date.  A mini-campaign I’m running some people through calls for many kobolds of varying colors and classes.  I had 12 Kobolds from Bones I, the 4 pack in metal that those were based off of (03064), the metal Leader and Sorcerer (03024), the 12 awesome new kobolds from Bones 4, and a 7 pack (I may have gotten a freebie, I thought I bought a six pack) of kobolds from the Ral Partha TSR Official D&D 2nd Edition line, stamped 1989.  That’s a whopping 37 figures.  I want to paint tribes from all 5 chromatic factions, and want to have as few duplicate poses per faction possible.  The Ral Partha kobolds have a more simian or canine face compared to the more reptilian face of the Reaper models, but I’m still going to fold those into each faction.  The Adventure calls out a Cleric (Red) a Ranger, (Green) and a Sorcerer (Green).  Those are the only ones with specific art, and I have models representative of each present without need for modification.  Also, I am not planning to add to the bases at all.

And I want to finish all of this in about a month (unlikely)!

Wish me luck!
    • By Oldwolf359
      Found this girl i painted up about a year ago using reaper paints from bones KS 2 and 3, the sword hand is from a gw mini the sword is brass etch,  C&C welcome t know the eyes are badly done

• By Prex
      I'm working up the nerve to start the larger mushroom characters from the darkreach expansion with this little guy. I really wanted to see what a bright colour scheme would do for the figures, playing on the idea of a brightly posionous mushroom. This is the result.

• By Cygnwulf
      ******EDIT : Jump to Show-Off thread

Everyone, meet Viridius.  

He's a hefty boi.  No Ma'al or Kalladrax, but still pretty big. He doesn't even fit in my light box, as you can see.   
      I've thought a long time about how I was going to paint him up, I don't think I'm going to go with the standard green dragon look.  Instead I'm going to take my inspiration from the time of year, and make him an autumn forest dragon, whose coloration changes with the forest around him.   So I'll be doing him in mostly golden yellows to oranges and reds, but keeping some greenish tones as the base of scales and other places, to kind of give a reminder of the verdent glory he was before.

One thing I'm choosing to see as an opportunity is that the tops of his wings are very smooth, ideal for some freehand work.  The question is, what to do?  Some kind of leaf like pattern, or perhaps a butterfly like eye pattern (in the leaf colors, of course)

Out of the box bag he was in pretty good shape.  The usual mold line cleanup, though he has some gaps that will need to be filled.  I followed up with reshaping the wings a little with some boiling water.  I forgot to get a complete before picture, but below you can see the before and after for the right wing

I've had to fully assemble him, I don't like the way the wing joins look without greenstuff, so that's going to be the first order of business.  So painting around the wings might be a chore, but it's nothing I haven't dealt with before (Although, not in recent history)

I begain the gapfill on the right side, but after sticking a finger in greenstuff twice and having to flip him back to touch up the texture, I decided to call it a night and do the left side gaps later.

• Who's Online   13 Members, 1 Anonymous, 53 Guests (See full list)