Highlander

Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter

18 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Have delivered GEM’s and Cranky Dog’s Bingo pins. Still have a handful of participants I haven’t met yet.

Getting ready for my first class, and we had some time, so we went to look at the entries so far in the contest. 

Mistake. 

Have to to remind myself next year to put the entries in first, then look. The skill level already there on display makes me want to not enter my beater-style entries. Going to force myself tho. Just hurts. 

Primed two arms and washed a dragon’s hoard. Gotta make that beater look a bit better. 

Im here just really tired I'll be down in the paint are a after 2 or So.

• Like 6

Just watched the meet and greet on YouTube.  I am so jealous!

Any word on if they are selling the swag bags on the webstore?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

Anyone have sand paper?

i have needs.

I have sanding strips. Suitable for resin or plastic but not metal. 

Had  fun at the bones bashup this morning and have done some shopping. Also dropped off my diorama (aiieeeeee!) and had lunch. Next up the 4pm tour of the Reaper factory. 

Edited by Argentee
  • Like 6

If anyone is seeking me for bingo, I’ll be in the painting area tonight after dinner.

I plan to go on the 4 pm factory tour.  Would anyone be interested in going to Cheddar’s for dinner after I get back?  (I’m assuming that will be around 6:30 or 7 pm.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thes Hunter said:

Anyone have sand paper?

i have needs.

I have several types. Can you be more specific or shall I bring you all of them?

• Like 3

Ok. New plan. 10 am tour tomorrow. That means I can take Dramamine tonight. 10 am tour gives me plenty of time before my first class tomorrow. 

did anyone see green stuff for sale? I didn’t see any and I need some. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Just a reminder, I am collecting unwanted swag bag minis to put into a box to ship around to folks who aren't here. In return, you get a nice shiny ribbon, and the thanks of some happy people.

I am wearing my avatar as a shirt today, so come find me.

Also, my room is super fancy! Very cool venue, I hope the con can stay here for a long time.

I'll have something for you, as We seem to have accumulated "20" reaper minis and my bag floweth over.

As for the Hotel/Convention Center, I second that on the super cool.

Since they are still "breaking in" the staff Reaper probably got a better deal than will be possible for future years, but it's definitely worth the money.

GEM

1 hour ago, Thes Hunter said:

Anyone have sand paper?

i have needs.

I have emery boards, AKA sanding sticks.

Double sided, coarse and fine.

I also have files but didn't pack sandpaper.

Going to dinner now and class at 5 on second floor.

I'll put a couple of sticks in my bag.

GEM

RM 914

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Argentee said:

Shoot. I have a 7pm class... will the tour be back in time?

Funny story.  I missed the bus to the tour.  So I’ll do the tour tomorrow!

The good news is that I can go to dinner more-or-less whenever now.  I’d suggest no later than 5:30 pm (to make sure you’re back by 7) but my schedule’s open.

I’m in the painting area downstairs.  I will probably go through the vendors again shortly but I think I’ll be down here in the painting area until dinner time.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ladystorm said:

Yes, the word is not until after the show next week. 

Out of curiosity, is this the same for the Reapercon Sophie and the paints? I ask because I see Sophie listed on the store but 'add to cart' does not work and there is no price listed.

Answered here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/82342-reapercon-sophie/ , the Reapercon Sophie will be available next week after the con.

If so, I guess that just means I'll be doing two orders in less than two weeks ::P:

Edited by Illithar
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Argentee said:

did anyone see green stuff for sale? I didn’t see any and I need some. 

If you don’t need much, I did bring mine. Fair warning, it’s getting a bit old and stiff. Have to knead it quite a bit. 

Just finished painting the “meaty bits” on a severed arm. Was just playing around with the surface it would normally be used to attach it to the torso. Now... I kinda have to figure a way to have that part visible.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Crimson_king_of_the_tower said:

Me and the wife arrived and just got set up in our room getting ready and will be down for the for the happy hour at 530! Will shine else be going? 

Hopefully we bump into each other tomorrow OR Sat. I headed out around 3:30...go home by 4:45.  Man I am glad that I don't need to do that commute daily.

5 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

Sorry!

that was awful. Need to preplan meal trips with people with cars Friday and Saturday I don’t think I can do that again

I just ran down to the restaurant and had the fish n chips.  Fish was great...the chips part were lacking a bit for me.  Overall it was a yummy meal and I will probably stop in again Saturday when I am with my daughter since they will cook her meal separate from others due to her allergy issue.

• Like 5