Highlander

Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter

2 hours ago, Pegazus said:

I get mine from PCNameTag, but there are a lot of places you can get them. A search for "convention ribbon" brings up what you'll need.

I get mine from Ribbons Galore 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, emmagine said:

Where do people order ribbons to hand out?

1 hour ago, knarthex said:

I get mine from Ribbons Galore 

Same here. I order the 1-5/8" by 3-1/2" size, which seems to be what most people get. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Crimson_king_of_the_tower said:

Can someone explain what the ribbons are and the purpose? Been through all the kickstarters and on the forums forever but first time to reapercon so just trying to figure it all out lol

just something fun people do, is collect ribbons while at the convention. Reaper has some of their own that htey hand out

there isn't really a purpose beyond the fun of collecting

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Crimson_king_of_the_tower said:

Can someone explain what the ribbons are and the purpose? Been through all the kickstarters and on the forums forever but first time to reapercon so just trying to figure it all out lol

It can be a nightmare for those with OCD.  Pretty sure it started out with just Reaper doing these fun ribbons...then someone brought their own...then more...now there are enough going around that you have back issues from the weight of ribbons on your con badge.  Or some have safety concerns of tripping up on theirs because they drag the floor since they are so much shorter than the rest of us.

• Like 5

I just remembered that I hadn't yet ordered gold coins! How can I hand out "Bold's Gold" if I have no gold?

'Course, that would be mean I wouldn't have to keep such a close eye on Derek Schubert, stealin' me gold...

Derek Schubert - Bold's Gold.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, hungerfan said:

It can be a nightmare for those with OCD.  Pretty sure it started out with just Reaper doing these fun ribbons...then someone brought their own...then more...now there are enough going around that you have back issues from the weight of ribbons on your con badge.  Or some have safety concerns of tripping up on theirs because they drag the floor since they are so much shorter than the rest of us.

i normally end up with 6 or 8 ribbons (usually because reaper ones are out by the time i do the activity for it, or forumites are out haha), but i suppose that's better because i'm fairly short so i'd trip more easily

• Like 2

9 hours ago, emmagine said:

Where do people order ribbons to hand out?

9 hours ago, Pegazus said:

I get mine from PCNameTag, but there are a lot of places you can get them. A search for "convention ribbon" brings up what you'll need.

^^^^That's the place I get mine from, too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crimson_king_of_the_tower said:

It's just a fun thing to do with friends. 

Some folks just give them away for the asking...

Others, like me, need / want to hear people say or do something. ..

There's also a bit of friendly rivalryto compare you collectionof ribbons with others....

But,

It's all about the fun....

(And about the stories you might collect about giving out your ribbons....):lol:

These are pics of my badge and meal badge from last year 

The ones on the con badge are from guests, the meal badge from reaper 20180821_185018.thumb.jpg.513a4db54d6738a4c6e3cb421e532776.jpg20180821_185033.thumb.jpg.cf9395c47e17e6a69e79cffa50694c4f.jpg

just so you can see what they look like 

Ps, the Duskwarden badge is from reaper, but that's because it is my faction 

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 5

My ribbon requirement is super easy: "What is your forum name?" If the person isn't on the forums yet, once they sign up I give them one. ::D:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 7

Im so stressed I wanted to enter the msp open and my wife REALLY wants me to but as I was prepping my mini it started crumbling into multiple pieces in my hand (it was a skeleton which I love to paint). Now if i even finish painting some other mini that's smaller i won't have time to base him at all i just don't know.... should I just finish something cause it's my first time? Is it worth it to get judged on something I have to start over on and do so quickly?

Edited by Crimson_king_of_the_tower
  • Sad 2