Highlander

Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter

1 hour ago, Zoxe said:

Wait, wait... Chex mix?

Talk more of this. ;)

Yeah. I have my own recipe and the special ingredients are tamarind chutney instead of Worcestershire sauce and fresh garlic. It's super tasty. 

• Like 2

32 hours. Anxiety setting in. 

Some stuff is packed, tomorrow I finish and start staging boxes in the hallway. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Dragoneye said:

I didn't check this year, but last year superglue was on the no fly list, even checked bags. so if your flying, either skip it or verify with the airline.

Oh, that's good to know, thanks!

If I can get the last bit of my costume finished tonight, I'll be in good shape for tomorrow! :bday:

List for tomorrow:

-Pack

-Panic

-Run a couple of errands

-Panic

-Haircut

-Panic

-Pack some more

-Panic

-Paint

-Panic

-Maybe sleep

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dragoneye said:

I didn't check this year, but last year superglue was on the no fly list, even checked bags. so if your flying, either skip it or verify with the airline.

You know that you mention it, I recall people saying they were gonna have problems with the Reaper Bones Superglue freebie that was in the VIP packs a couple years ago. Hmmm weird.

Sigh, used most of the evening organizing spell cards for the pregens. Packing will have to commence tomorrow!!! Good thing my mom isn't coming over till 2 in the afternoon to pick me up!!

• Like 3

Spending tomorrow night at my sister’s house as she is driving me to the airport at OMG in the morning Wednesday. 

Which means tonight I’ve already gotten out of bed 4 or 6 times to add stuff I’ve forgotten... and I can’t find the green stuff I bought just last week. Sigh.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

List for tomorrow:

Huzzah!

Let see, tomorrow for me will be:

pack the suitcase, get it under the magic number for the airline, thou I do prescribe to this:

h05539575

rush this

pack the game bag (D&D 5e PH, laptop, Pathfinder Pocket Core book (very handy for travel)

rush that,

take a shower sometime before my mother shows up at 2 pm. Knowing here it'll prob be 130, as she likes to be early....ugh.

rush again. 

Print off the remaining papers that I need to print off. I don't know why I still print travel papers off but I do. Boneyard list has been printed, along with various gaming papers. I just gotta get organized for the final time.

but hey at least the minis are packed! 

4 minutes ago, Argentee said:

Spending tomorrow night at my sister’s house as she is driving me to the airport at OMG in the morning Wednesday. 

Which means tonight I’ve already gotten out of bed 4 or 6 times to add stuff I’ve forgotten... and I can’t find the green stuff I bought just last week. Sigh.  

I've done the stay over in Boise the night before the flight since I started going to RCon. The hour drive over is a bit much, considering I take a early (6 to 7ish am) flight out. First year I stayed with a high school friend. That wasn't fun, as I didn't have an alarm so my friend was my alarm & overall I didn't like it. Ever since then, I've just stayed in a hotel, close to the airport. So much easier.

Heh, I was like that last night with a giant owl prepainted mini. Only could find 2. I almost gave up until I looked over onto the shelves that sit behind my painting chair. There it was!!!! Considering I put off getting 2 of the 3 of the darn birds till later, I was going to be dissapointed if I didn't find it.

(dang bird!!!)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Argentee said:

I should have plenty of extra. Also due to family things and spending more time with my nephews I was unable to complete something for the msp open. Are there any judges though who would be willing to critique th practice and miss I have been working on just so I can get an idea of where I stand with the techniques I have been working on? 

• Like 1

Alright so i have almost everything laid out, just putting them in suitcase / carry on tomorrow. Have plane snacks, have my competition miniatures in my personal bag so they dont' get damaged by heavy handed baggage people. Have printed out my class handouts,

• Like 4

1 hour ago, haldir said:

Print off the remaining papers that I need to print off. I don't know why I still print travel papers off but I do.

I totally do that too! I've seen automated services grind to a screeching halt due to technological difficulties one too many times to feel confident that my analog pieces of paper are unnecessary. Sure I could check in using my phone, but what if it spontaneously stops working? (since it's a bit old, this is not outside the realm of possibility) Etc. etc.

What am I doing typing I need to be sewing and/or painting!! *runs off arms flailing*

Huzzah!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Cytokine said:

Do Adventurers League games use Pregens?  Do we have to bring a tier 2 character to play a tier 2 game?

You can use 1st level pregen characters for AL in Tier 1.  You need a Tier 2 character (level 5-10) for Tier 2 games, but it must be one that you have organicly leveled (or used DM xp from DMimg AL)

That said there are a couple exceptions to that rule (pregens for Underworld Speculation and a tier 3 mod that I cant remember the name of)

• Like 2

So, of course the day before I leave, I have a sick bunny to deal with. If he isn't eating by the time I get home today it is off to the vet for us. :down: :zombie:

• Sad 9

I've made a poll about which (buffet) location people would prefer to have the unofficial forumite dinner on Sunday at: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/82311-unofficial-forumite-dinner-on-sunday/ .

Poll will only stay open until noon on Friday, so get your votes in before then!

Huzzah!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Keianna said:

So, of course the day before I leave, I have a sick bunny to deal with. If he isn't eating by the time I get home today it is off to the vet for us. :down: :zombie:

One of things about travelling for vacation, missing the critters at home. Granted for me, none of them are actually ours but still. I like feeding the neighborhood squirrels that come by, daughter will handle the responsibility while I'm gone & of course, Thumper, the neighbor's bunny that comes over through a hole in the fence.

I guess it just means, coming home on Monday will make it more meaningful seeing them. Hopefully sick bunny is ok & just something he/she can deal with. :down:

1 hour ago, SamuraiJack said:

I have almost all the base coating done for my entry.. now i just need to figure out what paints I need to pack LOL

Ahhhh House Procrastination!!! ::D:

Aghh what am I doing! I'm online when I should be using this time to pack!!! First thou, is breakfast!.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1