Highlander

Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter

If someone is willing and able to bring a spool of black thread with them, you will have my eternal gratitude

I got you.  I will throw some black thread in my luggage right now.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

Same here.  I'm not picky.

I'll need to pick up (non-alcoholic) drinks and such after I get to the hotel tomorrow.  Is there a significant difference between WinCo Foods and Albertsons?

Price. 

W < A

+ I work at one ^_^

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, LordDave said:

If someone is willing and able to bring a spool of black thread with them, you will have my eternal gratitude

I got you.  I will throw some black thread in my luggage right now.  

My eternal gratitude, you haz it :bday:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

I picked room 930. Cause I like being high...

If you were in OR (or WA or CA or CO) this would take on a whole different meaning. ::P:

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, haldir said:

Price. 

W < A

+ I at one ^_^

Is that statement “The prices at WinCo Foods are less than Albertsons”?  Or a general “Albertsons is better than WinCo Foods”?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Yeah...sleep isn't happening, I'm too keyed up. I'll just rest until my alarm goes off then. :zombie:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Hotel bed last night wasn't any better. After going out last night & getting in at 10, I tried winding down. Feel asleep around midnight. I think I woke up every hour. Bed was semi-comfy. 

Hopefully the hours I do sleep at the Con will restful. If not oh well. 

Woke up at 430. Didn't go through main scanner at Boise (which was odd). I had to do a small repack of the backpack thou. 

Bad items: Baby wipes (useful for wiping off maps) & Spell cards box (apparently they were worried about Stinking Cloud....... <_<

Oh well, I figure it in with Boise TSA these days. Sitting near the door to the plane right now. 7 something take off! 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

I. Am AWAKE.

This hour of the morning should not exist, but .. I'm awake, and I have tea. So, the world may survive.

Soon, airport. SeaTac is not my favorite airport, but it beats out a number of them. ^^;

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

Is that statement “The prices at WinCo Foods are less than Albertsons”?  Or a general “Albertsons is better than WinCo Foods”?

Well I work at A & the product is quality but you overpay vs W. Not saying W has crappy products thou. It's were my wife & I shop (along with Wm). 

Plus, W has bulk bins if your in to those. 

• Like 5

I can see the baby wipes cause they are ‘wet’ but what about the spell card box? Really?

i wasn’t surprised when I had my bag checked. And with the number of items (including food) you need to have outside of your bag before you can get through the line, I had to repack my carryon! :lol: 

• Like 3

Oh hey I almost forgot. To find me today/tonight I will be wearing either a bear hugging a burrito shirt (currently wearing) or I will switch to a green Oregon Ducks jersey with yellow markings & the number 8 on it. 

2 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

I can see the baby wipes cause they are ‘wet’ but what about the spell card box? Really?

i wasn’t surprised when I had my bag checked. And with the number of items (including food) you need to have outside of your bag before you can get through the line, I had to repack my carryon! :lol: 

I think it was due to them being compact (ie scanner seen a brick). 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, haldir said:

Oh hey I almost forgot. To find me today/tonight I will be wearing either a bear hugging a burrito shirt (currently wearing) or I will switch to a green Oregon Ducks jersey with yellow markings & the number 8 on it. 

I think it was due to them being compact (ie scanner seen a brick). 

But did they make you toss them? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thes Hunter said:

They're obsessive and nosy. I don't generally expect to have too many problems, but my APAP goes WHERE I GO, it's medical equipment, you heathens... Mr. Thorne is anticipating 'fun' with his medical supplies and neither of us has had enough caffeine for this. ^^;

Oh. Yah. So, I'mma be wearing a black fedora, and most likely (today) wearing a shirt with a StarCraft character who's name I can't recall (the human not-a-SpaceMarine).

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

Whelp. Guess I'll start the drive. Breakfast in Pueblo, lunch in Amarillo, then dinner in Denton. Ignition!

Safe travels. 

Actually safe travels to everyone. 

Heh, Delta flight to Salt Lake is delayed due to screen not coming on in the cockpit. Makes you so excited when they announce that right before you board. 

Glad I'm not on Delta or going to SL. 

11 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

But did they make you toss them? 

Actually no, yes. Heck I can't remember now..... They just did the swipe test, came back a no. 

Just checked my bag & yes, the evil baby wipes got confiscated. :lol:

Rastl, said there is a close Walmart near the hotel. I know what I'll be getting + beer of course. 

One of the solutions for the Delta was turning it off & rebooting. 

I think I could be a airplane tech! Lol

I may go suggest just kicking it. :blues:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, knarthex said:

ManageD some sleep. ..

but still up early. ..

Sleep on a plane? 

You people are mad!!!

You fly enough. Eventually you learn to sleep to combat boredom.  Books and audio will only so so much!

6 minutes ago, haldir said:

Safe travels. 

Actually safe travels to everyone. 

Heh, Delta flight to Salt Lake is delayed due to screen not coming on in the cockpit. Makes you so excited when they announce that right before you board. 

Glad I'm not on Delta or going to SL. 

I hate that.  Worst problem with flying in the evening is the risk of getting stranded overnight goes up exponentially and there isn't much you can do about it

• Like 4