Highlander

Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter

Should be arriving around 3pm! Yay! Sadly, Mr. Mouse and I have no idea what happened to my cat ear headband. So...I'm not wearing that. But he'll still be by the board games when not with me, so there's that.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

I hate that.  Worst problem with flying in the evening is the risk of getting stranded overnight goes up exponentially and there isn't much you can do about it

Sounds like they got their problem fixed, well as soon as the pilot comes up the ramp to give the green. Reminds me of being on the runway at PHX coming home & all of a sudden there is banging on the exterior door & a mechanic boarded. Something to do with the landing gear...... :huh:

20 mins till boarding begins! 

• Like 4

Delta flight update: they need a different screwdriver! :lol:

On the plane! 16 dollars well worth it for priority boarding! 

I will see everyone at the hotel later today! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Get passed the checkpoint of the airport. Sit down at the gate and a fire alarm goes off.

Not sure when to take these alarms serious. It was cleared and we are back inside. O__o

For clarification, not all people left thebuilding. I'd say about 25% or less.

Edited by pcktlnt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, haldir said:

If you were in OR (or WA or CA or CO) this would take on a whole different meaning. ::P:

Shoot! Didn’t even see if Room 420 was available! Still would have picked a top floor tho.

Breakfast in Pueblo was an adventure. I’ll be eating a lot of McDonalds when I have to go back to Yuma, so wife saw there was an Einstein’s Bagels a bit off the main roads. Sure, let’s go there. Miss an exit. Miss a turn. Get to the place... and it’s CSU-Pueblo’s student rec center! Hahahaha! Back to Mickie D’s then!

She’s driving now. And listening to her driving music, Southern All-Stars. Trying to not look much out the window. She drives fine, just I’m not in control. 

I’m always surprised airport security doesn’t stop me more often. Last March I was around a lot of pyrotechnic residue, but I guess I was pretty clean and didn’t set off any alarm. 

• Like 6

To ALL my Forum Friends: I hope you have a WONDERFULLY MEMORABLE time at The Con.

I will be with you in spirit; SO, if you get a creepy feeling every so often, you will know what is the cause.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, malefactus said:

To ALL my Forum Friends: I hope you have a WONDERFULLY MEMORABLE time at The Con.

I will be with you in spirit; SO, if you get a creepy feeling every so often, you will know what is the cause.

I get a friendly creepy feeling, I will keep an eye out for an invasive mushroom peering up at me from a dark corner :rolleyes:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, haldir said:

Well I work at A & the product is quality but you overpay vs W. Not saying W has crappy products thou. It's were my wife & I shop (along with Wm). 

Plus, W has bulk bins if your in to those. 

Thanks!  I’ll see what time looks like after I get to the hotel.  WinCo Foods is closer but Albertsons is in the same strip mall as a comic shop.

Through security at RDU.  I’m sitting in a sit-down restaurant getting breakfast.  This is my first time eating at one of the sit-down restaurants here.  Usually I get through security with half an hour before boarding.  (My wife gave me a ride on the way to work, so I knew I’d get to spend some quality time in the airport.)

• Like 2

30 minites till boarding for first leg of trip.  Only thing that tripped the TSA scanners was my pile of melt.  I figured as much and had it pulled out of my bag and readily accessible.  They are pewter figurines.  I'm a modeler.  First vacation in a year.  Nope, they are not shrapnel. Took all of 2 extra minutes.  Might be getting the hang of this.

• Like 8

Oh.  In case anyone needs to identify me before I have a nametag, I’m wearing a Starry Night/Howl’s Moving Castle mashup shirt.  If there’s a place to sit by the SuperShuttle kiosk in DFW, I brought my ReaperCon flyer from my most recent order so I’ll have that out if I can.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, knarthex said:

ManageD some sleep. ..

but still up early. ..

Sleep on a plane? 

You people are mad!!!

I'm a sailor, I can sleep ANYWHERE.

Arrived at Chicago early, now I have even longer to sit around, yay. But arrived safely, so no real complaints.  

If anyone is leaving from here, feel free to look for me in terminal k.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

30 minites till boarding for first leg of trip.  Only thing that tripped the TSA scanners was my pile of melt.  I figured as much and had it pulled out of my bag and readily accessible.  They are pewter figurines.  I'm a modeler.  First vacation in a year.  Nope, they are not shrapnel. Took all of 2 extra minutes.  Might be getting the hang of this.

Last time I went, I took the melt out of my bag before it went through the scanner:  it prevents the whole pull to the side questions about where I have been, where am I going etc.  I expect to have to display my competition minis anyway but the more I can minimize the faster it goes!

Currently listening to the quarterly state of the business address while enjoying a wonderful Costa Rican coffee, and some fancy raisins Mrs. Roo bought for me cause she knows I love them

• Like 4

I preemptively took my box of minis out of my bag when I went through security (although they’re all Bones minis based on fender washers).  I figure my day is going to go better if I help make their day easier.

• Like 6