Highlander

Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter

1 hour ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Should be arriving around 3pm! Yay! Sadly, Mr. Mouse and I have no idea what happened to my cat ear headband. So...I'm not wearing that. But he'll still be by the board games when not with me, so there's that.

I packed an extra one. I have pink flowers that light up or metallic oil slick. I could grab the black ones with gold butterflies too if you like. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, malefactus said:

To ALL my Forum Friends: I hope you have a WONDERFULLY MEMORABLE time at The Con.

I will be with you in spirit; SO, if you get a creepy feeling every so often, you will know what is the cause.

Fungus among us!

22 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I'm a sailor, I can sleep ANYWHERE.

Arrived at Chicago early, now I have even longer to sit around, yay. But arrived safely, so no real complaints.  

If anyone is leaving from here, feel free to look for me in terminal k.

As a soldier, I can too...

[ I slept more than once in the gunners seat in an M1 Abrams on road marches....

And you know how tall I am....]

But not on airplanes...

Gate 1, Alaska Airlines, LGA for the next 2 hours or so...

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 3

made it through security relatively easy.  They did have a few questions about T'raukzul in my carry on.  but turns out they were gamers

edit... It looked amazing on the xray tho

Edited by LordDave
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, LordDave said:

made it through security relatively easy.  They did have a few questions about T'raukzul in my carry on.  but turns out they were gamers

edit... It looked amazing on the xray tho

I was sad that I couldn't see takky...

• Like 3

Met up with Tripleh, acquired foodnoms, now an hour wait until boarding. Imma find a corner to curl up in and try to nap until then. :zombie:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Met up with Tripleh, acquired foodnoms, now an hour wait until boarding. Imma find a corner to curl up in and try to nap until then. :zombie:

Huzzah! 

You flying in to dal or dfw boot?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, haldir said:

Safe travels. 

Actually safe travels to everyone. 

Heh, Delta flight to Salt Lake is delayed due to screen not coming on in the cockpit. Makes you so excited when they announce that right before you board. 

Glad I'm not on Delta or going to SL. 

Actually no, yes. Heck I can't remember now..... They just did the swipe test, came back a no. 

Just checked my bag & yes, the evil baby wipes got confiscated. :lol:

Rastl, said there is a close Walmart near the hotel. I know what I'll be getting + beer of course. 

One of the solutions for the Delta was turning it off & rebooting. 

I think I could be a airplane tech! Lol

I may go suggest just kicking it. :blues:

If a punch doesn’t do it, how about a kick?

and hey, I’d rather the honesty vs. ‘maintenance issue’

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, knarthex said:

You flying in to dal or dfw boot?

DAL. 

Was almost asleep, then someone bumped into the "emergency exit alarm will sound" door. <_<

Huzzah! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

Get passed the checkpoint of the airport. Sit down at the gate and a fire alarm goes off.

Not sure when to take these alarms serious. It was cleared and we are back inside. O__o

For clarification, not all people left thebuilding. I'd say about 25% or less.

Fire alarms go off all the time at work. Mostly people smoking in the stairwell.

so I totally ignore fire alarms now. It’s kinda bad.

2 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Shoot! Didn’t even see if Room 420 was available! Still would have picked a top floor tho.

Breakfast in Pueblo was an adventure. I’ll be eating a lot of McDonalds when I have to go back to Yuma, so wife saw there was an Einstein’s Bagels a bit off the main roads. Sure, let’s go there. Miss an exit. Miss a turn. Get to the place... and it’s CSU-Pueblo’s student rec center! Hahahaha! Back to Mickie D’s then!

She’s driving now. And listening to her driving music, Southern All-Stars. Trying to not look much out the window. She drives fine, just I’m not in control. 

I’m always surprised airport security doesn’t stop me more often. Last March I was around a lot of pyrotechnic residue, but I guess I was pretty clean and didn’t set off any alarm. 

Southern alll stars is a fine band. I really enjoy them. I also enjoy Einstein’s more than mc D’s.

14 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

Apparently, we're going to end up at Love Field, because travel website are dumb.

Mr. Thorne is not impressed.

What time? I’ll be here until the drow comes home.

And I had the same experience. Cause I was certain I was supposed to be flying into Dfw. It was only close checking where I found I was actually going to Love.

And I think I need to find a wall outlet. ~2 hours till pocket touch down.

You all night get a little sick of me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1