Highlander

Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter

BTW, I have ribbons... yes, that is black printed on back. I had trouble convincing the company that was what I really wanted. ::P:

2346DFC6-4DCE-4686-ADB9-0447FD00C2AB.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Argentee said:

BTW, I have ribbons... yes, that is black printed on back. I had trouble convincing the company that was what I really wanted. ::P:

Well Done!  I like how it came out!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Argentee said:

Oh I hope I can get one

in airport waiting to board, then 2 hour flight to Dallas

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

So.... unreserved swag bags and spare Sophies... those go onto the online store when? :upside:

After the con was an answer I saw.

Schlotzky’s in Amarillo.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Cyradis said:

So.... unreserved swag bags and spare Sophies... those go onto the online store when? :upside:

If it's like last year, too soon.

Last year I was traveling in Japan, and I waited until Monday, thinking it would be *after* RCon. They went on sale on Saturday, I believe, and were quickly sold out when Monday came by. So I got nothing (aside from the trip and souvenirs I mean).

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, OneBoot said:

If someone is willing and able to bring a spool of black thread with them, you will have my eternal gratitude!!! 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Consider the situation covered.

GEM

At Reapercon in room 914

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cyradis said:

They stated it earlier i believe, that it if there are any, they will be available a week after....ill link the post.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/77608-reapercon-2018-enthusiasm-and-chatter/&do=findComment&comment=1745324

Edited by Mr Melons
  • Like 5

For those concerned about places to buy munchies and replacemente for stuff that didn't get packed:

There is a WinCo within less than half a mile of the hotel and a Wal MartSuper Center just a little bit farther away.

For food there is an  In and Out and another fast food place within walking distance, an Ice Cream Parlor across the very-wide-main-thoroughfare, and a Cracker Barrel within a half mile.  The Main Thoroughfare has a strip mall on the north side so there are a bunch more places to eat close by.

Registration opens at 4:00pm

Convention Center is very nice.

GEM

• Like 3

I have had two hotel staff now ask if I’m ok

my answer has been something along the lines of ‘non drowsy Dramamine is a LIE’

debating if I should keep staring soulfully at the Registration desk or go up to my room for a nap. 

Driving to get caffeine and cookies has also crossed my mind. 

Edited by Argentee
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Argentee said:

I have had two hotel staff now ask if I’m ok

my answer has been something along the lines of ‘non drowsy Dramamine is a LIE’

debating if I should keep staring soulfully at the Registration desk or go up to my room for a nap. 

Driving to get caffeine and cookies has also crossed my mind. 

Just tell the staff you are international, make up a story about being back from Australia and you are suffering from jet lag and planning to doze for a while in front of the registration desk.  {What?  Its worked for me on 3 continents.  No one questions someone being tired if they say they are from Australia!}::P:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6