Sign in to follow this  
Highlander

Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter

3 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

I pooped out. :/

Too much crowd, too much excitement, Thorne fled the scene... ^^;

You need not feel alone in pooping out.

As soon as the awards were all announced I made my goodnights to everybody.  I'm about 7 marks beyond pooped on the exhaustion meter but still too wound up to get to sleep.

GEM

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sophie Says was insane fun.

Thanks Ludo for running these.

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to paint when you have to touch your nose and you wear progressive lens bifocals?  It's impossible to find a distance where you can actually ~see~ where you are attempting to put the paint.

But that's easy compared to trying to paint with your eyes closed.

GEM

Question for today. 

Does anybody know what Reaper does with all the half used bottles of paint and the brushes used after the painting tables close down for the last time?

Is it just tossed or do they make it available for people to have at a reduced price?

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Does anybody know what Reaper does with all the half used bottles of paint and the brushes used after the painting tables close down for the last time?

Is it just tossed or do they make it available for people to have at a reduced price?

I believe these have gone to auction in the past, so I expect them to go to auction this year.

• Like 5

We have to bow out early Sunday to make our flights and I wanted to say thanks to everyone at Reapercon and especially everyone at Reaper for doing an amazing job putting this together.  Each Time I come I am astounded by the level of professionalism and work that goes into providing a truly wonderful experience.  

In also though the venue was exceptional this year and i hope the con will be able to stay for future years.

I'm sure I'll say it a few more times before I'm done but you all are wonderful at Reaper for doing this and it was an enormously wonderful experience to get together with every one.  I just wish there was more time for me to see more of every one and do more of all the things.

Thank you again for a wonderful time.

Roo

• Like 12

This sucks

we have to get up very early to make it to the airport, and for the first night since we have been here there is his weird rumbling/humming/thrumming noise keeping us both awake. We cannot afford this tonight but we cannot find he source. It sounds like it is outside to me but I cannot see anything that would cause it out the window

• Sad 7

8 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Congratulations to @Corporea for winning!

Corporea wins everything, always. And deserves to. She looked so cute when she was so shocked and surprised at winning. 

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

This sucks

we have to get up very early to make it to the airport, and for the first night since we have been here there is his weird rumbling/humming/thrumming noise keeping us both awake. We cannot afford this tonight but we cannot find he source. It sounds like it is outside to me but I cannot see anything that would cause it out the window

I hope you guys aren’t in room 730. If so.... oops... The noise should be gone now.

:blush:

If not.... nothing to see here. Move along. 

• Haha 8

It is the A/C. We turned it off and don’t hear the sound anymore

i don’t know why it started to make the noise and I don’t know what to do so we are going to just try and sleep

• Like 7

FYI, if anyone's looking for me on Sunday, I'll be running around as Sophie again. Again if you or a forumite you know hasn't gotten a ribbon to me, come find me! I don't want anyone to feel left out. ^_^

EDIT: Also, if I'm not in the main room at 9am and Ron is looking for me, let him know that summoning Sophie can sometimes take longer than expected. :upside:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 5
  • Haha 8

Guess who now can’t sleep? Woke up from a tickle in my throat. Now my chronic issue with feeling a spear in my chest is annoying me enough to delay sleep initiation. 

Now, a quest for NSAIDs begins! Well NSAIDs that don’t include caffeine, since of course those are the only ones I have in my room.

• Sad 8

On 8/31/2018 at 11:28 PM, Thes Hunter said:

I got to play Thes at Reaper Con!!!! This is soooo awesome!!

but none of the people I’m playing with at this table are heavily on the forums, so none understand how awesome this is. 

I drink and I hit things. 

Oh oh and I smoke cigars.

And to think I knew you before you were famous. ..

14 hours ago, Crowley said:

Impressive...

Really need to get that mini...

^^This.

Have fun! Think of me fondly at whatever is replacing the fire pit this year. 

630 am shot...

And we miss our Haminister of truth too...20180902_062140.thumb.jpg.edf70d9224fc898cd36f22310b0ea659.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Got up at 6am, got ready

jist realized in our emails is a plane delay, leaving at 10 instead of 8 with a new connecting flight

then another one for 11 straight shot and no connecting flight 

so...boo getting awake so early but hurray straight flight with no connections, I much prefer that. We will still be leaving this morning, just not as early as originally planned

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 9

I doubt I will make it, I am only here for one extra hour and planning on resting a bit more

sprry! I am going to miss this year. I am 2 for 4 on making it to a forum group pic

• Like 5