Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter

Highlander

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Hey, question for everybody. Did anybody have a bathtub in their room, or were they all

showers?

Ninth floor (924), nice big shower, no tub.

No issues with hot water either, although Housekeeping did barge in despite the 'don't barge!' hanger on the door. Only lost the grubby towel I had to clean up tea spills to that, but we might get it back... maybe.

8 hours ago, knarthex said:

We missed you. ..

I seem to have made an arse of myself this weekend...

If I hurt you somehow 

Apologies...

Honestly, you didn't seem any worse than you usually do to me. I don't expect much in the way of polite discourse from anyone who was in the military (that way, I get pleasantly surprised occasionally).

17 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i never got a ribbon for eating at the hotel restaurant

but for the first time in the four years i've participated, i got my first paint and take ribbon for doing a paint and take!

it's so hit and miss (and i often miss), on getting those kinds of ribbons

Had to ask at con registration for the Hooligan ribbon. The staff at the restaurant were very confused by it and I had a couple of them come up and ask me about it, because people had asked /them/, and they hadn't known what in the hells they were on about. And I had my ribbon tail out, so...

I need to remember to point out that actually telling involved parties about such things might be a good idea in future....

Made it home! Is good to be back. ^^

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

i never got a ribbon for eating at the hotel restaurant

Oh there was a ribbon?  I should have 3 of them then. Lunch on Thurs and Fri...then i took my daughter for dinner on Sat.  Nothing but fish n chips each time and enjoyed it every time. :)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, hungerfan said:

Oh there was a ribbon?  I should have 3 of them then. Lunch on Thurs and Fri...then i took my daughter for dinner on Sat.  Nothing but fish n chips each time and enjoyed it every time. :)

Yep, Hooligan.  Was listed in the con guide.  I should read that sometime before the con is over next year.  They had 35ish listed.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Yep, Hooligan.  Was listed in the con guide.  I should read that sometime before the con is over next year.  They had 35ish listed.

i don't pay much attention to them becuase they've always been unreliable in all the years i've gone

'go prime something at the priming booth' > the 2 years i used it, couldn't get a ribbon. And this year, they didn't even tell us where it was

same for the melt table, i have never gotten a ribbon for doing that

they didn't tell us how to get the restaurant ribbon in the con guide, apparently, so many people probably didn't get it after the wait staff at the restaurant had no idea what they were talking about

they should probably be a bit more specific on those kind of things, like 'eat at the restarant then talk to the front desk' or 'go prime at the prime booth! it's over HERE'

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i don't pay much attention to them becuase they've always been unreliable in all the years i've gone

'go prime something at the priming booth' > the 2 years i used it, couldn't get a ribbon. And this year, they didn't even tell us where it was

same for the melt table, i have never gotten a ribbon for doing that

they didn't tell us how to get the restaurant ribbon in the con guide, apparently, so many people probably didn't get it after the wait staff at the restaurant had no idea what they were talking about

they should probably be a bit more specific on those kind of things, like 'eat at the restarant then talk to the front desk' or 'go prime at the prime booth! it's over HERE'

Come find me next year.  Evidently I am the unofficial ribbon spirit guide.  No mushrooms required.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

41 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I flipped through it tonight when going through all of our stuff but yeah...didn't see it then either. :)

10 minutes ago, Valthorn_Illian said:

So which faction lost?

Maggots

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Hey, question for everybody. Did anybody have a bathtub in their room, or were they all

showers?

We had a nice tub/shower combination.  I understand that they have roll-in showers in the full handicapped rooms.  My only complaint about the shower situation is that the shower head is so high up that it is difficult to reach the adjustable nozzle, and would be near impossible to reach for someone of less than about 5'6" in height.

• Like 5

I just went and asked at the con registration desk. I missed Painter, though. Got Media Mogul (share something on social media), Hooligan, and something else I can't remember right now  Tilt. I got Tilt - failed at Super Mario Bros. I got Prospector (melt table) by remembering to ask for it when I got my sack weighed.

So, apparently, the key is to ask for whatever it is. Passing the registration desk? Ask 'em for a ribbon. I think I went back three times in the span of an hour because I kept remembering I did something ribbon-worthy.... they don't mind. And I referred somebody to Thes for her balls, at the same time. Well. I had to refer Thes to them.. you get the idea.

My issue is when somebody points across a crowded convention hall and says, 'over there! that person!' I am all too frequently too blind to pick out which of the approximately two dozen people in that vicinity that they actually mean. ^^;

So there is at least one ribbon I wanted that I didn't get because I /could not find the person handing it out/. *shrug* Next year...

Edited by Sylverthorne
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1