Sign in to follow this  
Highlander

Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter

32 minutes ago, knarthex said:

price has certainly jumped....

All of the prices are the same from last year, I just double checked with the wayback machine and my bank records.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, haldir said:

I recall Reaper saying there were no catered dinners this year.

That's sorta sad at this will be my first year but also not terrible as I can put something together maybe cook gather some people and go somewhere awesome and local. I'm also a certified bartender so that will come into play over the weekend somehow lol

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Crimson_king_of_the_tower said:

That's sorta sad at this will be my first year but also not terrible as I can put something together maybe cook gather some people and go somewhere awesome and local. I'm also a certified bartender so that will come into play over the weekend somehow lol

What has been said the hotel is near a slew of restaurants & fast food places. It's more or less when you wanna go for dinner. For me this will be nice as I tend to not eat while I'm behind a GM screen & such.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, haldir said:

What has been said the hotel is near a slew of restaurants & fast food places. It's more or less when you wanna go for dinner. For me this will be nice as I tend to not eat while I'm behind a GM screen & such.

Lemme know when you gm I'm totally there gonna gonna bring long island ice tea makings you know... for after lol

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Crimson_king_of_the_tower said:

.. how's yer Pan-Galactic Gargle-blaster? >.>

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, knarthex said:

price has certainly jumped....

I think the price increase will be made up for in the quality of the facilities.

Having attended conventions at a number of Hilton built/operated convention facilities I am looking forward to first class facilities operated by a well trained professional staff.

Now to impatiently wait for the Class Schedules and Registration to be published.

GEM

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

I think the price increase will be made up for in the quality of the facilities.

Having attended conventions at a number of Hilton built/operated convention facilities I am looking forward to first class facilities operated by a well trained professional staff.

Now to impatiently wait for the Class Schedules and Registration to be published.

GEM

Not to mention the convenience of having where we stay & the convention together. I will admit I wasn't sure when ReaperCon moved from the factory to a hotel, but after having it at the Convention center the last couple years I kinda missed having it all together.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nakos said:

All of the prices are the same from last year, I just double checked with the wayback machine and my bank records.

But there are no meals, except for a Wednesday Nite Meet And Greet.

GEM

7 minutes ago, Reaper Ron said:

We're planning on an "official" ReaperCon drink at the hotel. We call it: the Green Griffon!

Family Friendly?

Or will this be an Adult Beverage?

Possibly two versions, age dependent?

GEM

• Like 1

On 3/8/2018 at 11:03 AM, Inarah said:

There are worse places to be than under a pirate wench.  :)   

Heh...

The date change does make it easier for me to come... In 2019. ::(: 

Looking forward to the swag bags, and all the pictures. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

But there are no meals, except for a Wednesday Nite Meet And Greet.

GEM

True, but Reaper should have raised prices a little bit years ago. They put more stuff into their swag bag for the price than just about any con I know.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

And tickets purchased. 

I guess I'm officially coming this year!  Eleven years between RCon's isn't too bad, is it? 

• Like 8