Sign in to follow this  
Highlander

Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter

17 hours ago, Reaper Ron said:

We're planning on an "official" ReaperCon drink at the hotel. We call it: the Green Griffon!

Paging  @TGP 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Reaper Ron said:

It's an adult beverage. Maybe we can come up with a kid's version too.

Suggested name for kid's version:

Young Griffon

There is actually a gaming tie in for this name[spoilered for those who don't want to know "stuff" about Final Fantasy XI:

GEM

• Like 2

23 hours ago, knarthex said:

price has certainly jumped....

23 hours ago, nakos said:

All of the prices are the same from last year, I just double checked with the wayback machine and my bank records.

I thought that the bundle had to be purchases separately....

reminder to self, learn how to read....

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Reaper Ron said:

We're planning on an "official" ReaperCon drink at the hotel. We call it: the Green Griffon!

6 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

Paging  @TGP 

I play a Grey Griffon on the Internet...so: 

—no conflict :poke: 

—one point of difference heraldically :B): 

—two claw Marks of Approval!!

DFFD601D-077E-4EEE-9804-6F5C080410A6.jpeg.d4a09d9504ccb917828026a6c777a962.jpeg

• Like 5

Got a question... For those who can't make it, what's usually in the swag bag, how much do they usually run for, and when do they typically become available? 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Got a question... For those who can't make it, what's usually in the swag bag, how much do they usually run for, and when do they typically become available? 

Usually, if they have any extra SWAG bags, they put them in the store for sale AFTER the Con. It's usually a limited number of them and they will sometimes list what COULD be in them. They tend to be a bit different as the Congoers get first dibs and when they run out, they run out.

Edited by Mr Melons
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Swag bag contents listed right here: https://reapercon.com/

Additionally there's sometimes stuff from vendors, which Reaper won't know about for months and will be a surprise. There's been figures from various companies, dice, bases, dungeon tiles, show discounts, etc. 

• Like 3

There's a complete and total panic fun activity for a Sunday night. First, buy tickets to ReaperCon, then get a cold sweat because you remember booking at the Hilton, not the Embassy Suites, so... did I go to the right hotel!?

Quick check of the Hilton Honors, and they show the Embassy Suites reservation. Yet another crisis averted.

• Like 8

I am considering organizing an unoffficial Reapercon 5k  - just a group run in the middle of the convention before we settle back into classes.

Would you like to run?   Friday or Saturday morning? 

1 hour ago, Evilhalfling said:

I am considering organizing an unoffficial Reapercon 5k  - just a group run in the middle of the convention before we settle back into classes.

Can't run.

Might be able to compete in a 0.5K limp/stumble/crawl.

GEM

• Like 3

On 4/22/2018 at 9:03 PM, Pegazus said:

There's a complete and total panic fun activity for a Sunday night. First, buy tickets to ReaperCon, then get a cold sweat because you remember booking at the Hilton, not the Embassy Suites, so... did I go to the right hotel!?

Quick check of the Hilton Honors, and they show the Embassy Suites reservation. Yet another crisis averted.

Something on the same lines.  Rastl & myself were arriving from the airport to the hotel that year, the Best Western on Teasley. Well we found the Best Western in Denton but it wasn't the right one, as we found out when they didn't have our registration information & such. Rastl kinda let the front desk clerk have it. After we figured out this might not be the right BW we asked for directions to the right one...Whoops! :upside:

Oddly, the BW on Teasley was one of the best hotels we've had for ReaperCon. As good as the Hiltons have been (minus the first one Reaper used...ugh <_<),  I kinda miss the BW on Teasley Lane.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Evilhalfling said:

I would run! I don't know anybody since I'm new to painting, and I like to run, so I wouldn't mind running with a group and meeting some new people. I'm pretty slow though.

• Like 3