Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter

Highlander

On 22/04/2018 at 8:45 AM, Mr Melons said:

Usually, if they have any extra SWAG bags, they put them in the store for sale AFTER the Con. It's usually a limited number of them and they will sometimes list what COULD be in them. They tend to be a bit different as the Congoers get first dibs and when they run out, they run out.

On 22/04/2018 at 9:01 AM, Inarah said:

Swag bag contents listed right here: https://reapercon.com/

Additionally there's sometimes stuff from vendors, which Reaper won't know about for months and will be a surprise. There's been figures from various companies, dice, bases, dungeon tiles, show discounts, etc. 

Ah, many thanks.  Thought I'd ask because I can pretty much guarantee I won't be able to make it, although I might try for next year.  ^_^

• Like 2

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now signed up for every thing but airline tickets.  Since these will be rewards tickets I can get them whenever.  

Hoping this year i can overcome some of my insularity when it comes to find and get to actually sit down and meet some of you.  I always seem to find myself betwixt and between when it comes to meeting people at cons.  Trying for less wandering and more socializing

• Like 9

I just put all my class requests in last night too!  I can't wait!!!  ...well, maybe I had better wait, though, because I haven't even started on my entry!

This year, I am going to try something different with one of my classes and do a 4-hour "complete" NMM boot camp, as I find that the topic takes too long to cover well with lots of hands-on activities in just two hours.  Hopefully it will be a hit!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Well the assistant manager talked to me about my request yesterday morning as I was heading off to punch off for the day. While he didn't say a definite "YES" he did say there is a chance I can get the days I requested off. If I was just taking them to say take the weekend off, then it would be a no but I'm wanting to attend a event so he'd try to get the days for me. He just needs to run it by the big boss. 

I'm hoping she says yes but if not I totally understand why but still I'd be crushed as I won't be down to RC for at least 2 years. I'm not asking for next year's event.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Kuro Cleanbrush said:

I just put all my class requests in last night too!  I can't wait!!!  ...well, maybe I had better wait, though, because I haven't even started on my entry!

This year, I am going to try something different with one of my classes and do a 4-hour "complete" NMM boot camp, as I find that the topic takes too long to cover well with lots of hands-on activities in just two hours.  Hopefully it will be a hit!

Consider me in for that one! It's been on my radar. I'll be looking for classes on that and OSL classes I'm excited

• Like 3

Anyone planning on doing a class on patience and how to live through the "this looks horrible" stage of painting? 

All kidding aside, for people doing blending classes, having examples of that middle blending stage and how to go from that stepped look to a smooth blend would be absolutely awesome.  I get so frustrated by my blends even though I know 5 or 6 more layers will smooth things out.

Just a request.  I am not one to give advice on doing beautiful things most of my stuff is pretty hacked, it looks okay, but I just cant seem to get the patience to make that final step.

Anyone planning on doing a class on patience and how to live through the "this looks horrible" stage of painting? 

All kidding aside, for people doing blending classes, having examples of that middle blending stage and how to go from that stepped look to a smooth blend would be absolutely awesome.  I get so frustrated by my blends even though I know 5 or 6 more layers will smooth things out.

Just a request.  I am not one to give advice on doing beautiful things most of my stuff is pretty hacked, it looks okay, but I just cant seem to get the patience to make that final step.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

In my blending classes, I purposely try to do a few rough blends with everyone to show them how to go back over the poorly-blended area and fix it!  ::):

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

Starting to get the feeling that maggotcrown isn't going to make it the cut this year. Down with duskwardens!

Wasn't Mc the odd faction out last year? If so then like C'thon they won't have anything new. 

• Like 1