Jump to content

Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter


Highlander
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finalized what adventures I'm gonna run this year, this morning!! This one took a bit longer then usual, as there is so many good adventures on DMsGuild & Drivethrurpg. A variety of settings & content. I plan to run 2 adventures per day, except for Thursday  (that day is usually reserved for shopping at HQ (Boneyard baby!!!) & other things) & Sunday which I'll only run 1 game. Thursday will be the day I run We Be Goblins (# not determined yet but most likely WbG 1, as I wanna check out this year's offering first). Besides WbG, all of my games will be 5e.

 

I'm considering running a late evening game as well this year, but as of right now that is reserved for socializing with everyone else.

 

Looking forward to being a GM again at RCon! (Just hope I can go!)

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, haldir said:

Finalized what adventures I'm gonna run this year, this morning!! This one took a bit longer then usual, as there is so many good adventures on DMsGuild & Drivethrurpg. A variety of settings & content. I plan to run 2 adventures per day, except for Thursday  (that day is usually reserved for shopping at HQ (Boneyard baby!!!) & other things) & Sunday which I'll only run 1 game. Thursday will be the day I run We Be Goblins (# not determined yet but most likely WbG 1, as I wanna check out this year's offering first). Besides WbG, all of my games will be 5e.

 

I'm considering running a late evening game as well this year, but as of right now that is reserved for socializing with everyone else.

 

Looking forward to being a GM again at RCon! (Just hope I can go!)

 

 

Where do you submit games? 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dr. Wyrm said:

Alright! I'm officially going! Haven't booked my actual flight yet because I'm not sure which airport to fly OUT of (Whether my new home will be closer to SFO or SMF) but I have a room and a booth!

 

If you end up closer to SFO, you also may have the option of flying out of Oakland or San Jose, which may be cheaper for domestic flights. Both Oakland and San Jose are also on the east side of the Bay Area, instead of the west side, so they're closer to Sacramento than San Francisco quite considerably. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
On 5/19/2018 at 4:34 PM, Paradoxical Mouse said:

I've heard that, in the past, Saturday dinner was when the Awards ceremony was. Since there aren't going to be dinners this year, other than the meet and greet, is there going to still be an awards ceremony? 

 

Technically it is after dinner.  Only the past few years has there even been dinner options.  This year they are more going back to the way it used to be where we all went out and such.

 

For the introverts, one thing to note is that it is not a room full of people, strange and unfriendly.  It is a room full of YOUR people; people who love what you love and want very much to know you and talk to you and see what you are doing.  ReaperCon is amazingly comfortable because everyone there is in my adopted family. We're quirky, weird, loud, quiet, shy, extroverted, dysfunctional, and yet we are all doing it together.  We are the Reaper Peeps.

 

As the resident extrovert, I think I am going to make more of a point to get out from behind the Artist Table this year and come around and chat with you all.  That's my goal for this year.  Last year, I wasn't feeling well, so  I kind of holed up in my spot and didn't get around much; I regret that now.

 

 

So I finally got a look at the class schedule.  All of mine got accepted! ::D:  I'm teaching How Not to Suck:Sculpting Edition and Tattoos, Spots, and Other Skin Effects again this year.  I am also adding two new classes: Glazing: How, When, and Why and Sculpting Nature.

 

Unfortunately, M. Proctor and I seem to both be morning people; I really want to take one of his classes, but he is always teaching in the same time slot as I. Ce la vie. 

  • Like 9
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Dr. Wyrm said:

Alright! I'm officially going! Haven't booked my actual flight yet because I'm not sure which airport to fly OUT of (Whether my new home will be closer to SFO or SMF) but I have a room and a booth!

With traffic and the bridges, even if you end up closer mileage wise to SFO, SMF is often still closer time wise.  Especially if you end up in Solano county.  

 

18 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

  I'm teaching How Not to Suck:Sculpting Edition 

Hoping to get into this one!  Also, since my son doesn't like any of the other classes being offered in that time slot, I'm hoping I can send him off to play games with your son ::D:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

 

As the resident extrovert, I think I am going to make more of a point to get out from behind the Artist Table this year and come around and chat with you all.  That's my goal for this year.  Last year, I wasn't feeling well, so  I kind of holed up in my spot and didn't get around much; I regret that now.

 

 

I still appreciate the time you spent showing my daughter some sculpting stuff and the tool you gave her is being used a lot.  Nothing human like yet because she has a bit of trouble with some of the techniques but she has still made many things and usually turning it into charms for her friends to wear.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Corporea said:

curses.  I bet all TS's classes conflict with mine too.  Drat.  I'd love to take the how not to suck sculpting class someday.  I'll have to arrange to be less of a morning person one year...

 

I was looking over current schedule and saw you and Bob conflict which is not an easy choice to make.  Flip a coin, maybe?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kristof65 said:

So are they still waiting to get a few more classes on the schedule?   I haven't been for years, but it seems really light right now in terms of offerings. 

 

my guess is yes since there were days with very little on certain time slots.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...