Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter

Highlander

1 hour ago, ReaperAHawk said:

You will need to get on the Tour bus to head to Reaper HQ to ship your stuff from Reaper. If you have your own transportation, then you can ship anytime from ReaperHQ during the show (or even after the Con if you are still in town)

Tours of Reaper (leaving from Denton Convention Center)
Thursday: 1:30pm & 4:00pm
Friday: 10:00am, 1:30pm & 4:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am, 1:30pm & 4:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am & 1:30pm

Will ReaperHQ be open on Monday (Labor Day)?

• Like 2

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh my. 

I might actually finish green lady before the con!  I had a zen moment today and figured out the critters. Thank goodness. Though I might ought to thank the sangria...

Don't jinx it, E!!  No whammies!  Fingers crossed!!!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

So I see with the Convention center opening up for gaming late, I'm seriously thinking about running a game after Con. Now Sundays are devoted to having dinner with people one last time before we say goodbye but I could be convinced to run a special game. While browsing DMsguild yesterday I stumbled upon a odd 5e game "The Havarti Heist", as in the cheese. Players would take the role of mice in a mission to steal as much of the cheesy goodness from a party being held in a noble's mansion. All from the perspective of a mouse! Mouslings will probably be used in this one.

It really depends on how my voice will be & of course how tired I am. I am running 28 hrs worth of rpgs over the 4 days ::D:

(figured get 1 good weekend of gaming in, thou that was before I decided to attend Las Vegas Open next Feb........sigh) 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Inarah said:

Shirts ordered. I haven't bought one in several years, but I liked last year's mermaid design enough to go for it this year. 

I almost bought one last year, 2014 was my last shirt purchase . Oddly it was at the overnight hotel. Zazzle had a great coupon going on that would have made it under 20 shipped. Figured I'd wear it after the Con. I didn't pull the trigger.

I guess I'm still stuck on the original con design (Reaper logo in the front, black & white design on the back). 

I went a different route than custom ribbons.

If you INSPIRE me in some way I'll give you a TOKEN of appreciation.

The trick will be finding me since I'm not a regular here any more and am pretty good at blending into the background.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

i've admittedly given up on collecting ribbons / trying to find people. I'll let people find me now, if they really want to talk to me. I spent too much of last con trying to find people and failing, or trying to get ribbons only to find out they're all gone lol

i'll just enjoy the con

edit: we purchased the wrong kind of plane tickets, so we won't get an overhead bin adn will have to pay to check our bags =/ i might have to not get much at the con to make sure i can bring it home since we're looking into combining one suitcase for both of us to save costs  now

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

i like the shirts, wish i could justify the prices on them, but that's money i could spend on miniatures at RCon itself

maybe one day

Yeah they are still better priced than those from the other location that was tried out 2 years ago.  I need to get my daughter a new one but I may just wear my skull shirt from 2016 again. I would rather spend $20+ on something at a vendor booth or the Reaper store.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

edit: we purchased the wrong kind of plane tickets, so we won't get an overhead bin adn will have to pay to check our bags =/ i might have to not get much at the con to make sure i can bring it home since we're looking into combining one suitcase for both of us to save costs  now

Bummer. 

When I travel for business, I have to travel with a bunch of tools, which can quickly overwhelm the weight limit on my checked luggage. Most of the time it's cheaper to ship some items to my hotel and then back home than it is to pay the fee for a second checked bag.   I will preprint my shipping labels for the return trip, and pack them in the box itself, along with a small roll of packing tape.  Never had a problem finding a place to drop the package off on the way back, and I've been to some small towns while on a tight schedule. 

Anyway, point is, don't rule that out as an option. 

• Like 3

• Reaper User

You can always pay to have your stuff shipped back to you from the Reaper HQ during/after ReaperCon. Either take a tour to HQ or after the show come by Reaper HQ and you can ship from there. It is just the cost of shipping + $2 for shipping supplies. It is something we offer to our attendees.

• Like 12