Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter

Highlander

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

So I finally did something I meant to do for the next time I attended RCon.

I ordered myself a pin button with my avatar on it. [Feels like cheating for the Bingo card]

Downside is I may or may not receive it by the time I get to RCon. 6-9 days delivery time after manufacturing. And I leave in 10 business days. :unsure: [Fingers crossed]

But I'll be ready for RCon 2019, just wait and see! For real! Promise. Sorta. Unless something comes up... HELP!

I got myself some t-shirts with my avatar on them. 

• Like 3

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Ah. I didn't think of that. I'm really frustrated right now with my brushes, b/c i can't get any of them to keep a point if the paint on them is even slightly thinned, making blending on small parts nigh impossible. 

A Reaper 5/0 would do for a con brush.  Should last as long as you need it for the duration, since you might not have a full brush cleaning kit.  If it knackers by end of con it still did its duty.  

Most brushes only need a quick rinse before use and not a full cleaning.

14 minutes ago, Evilhalfling said:

The time chicken did not want to pin

They never do.  And anyway, by the time you finish cooking them they're nothing but bones and continuum paradoxes.  Best to use them for cosmic soup.

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
  • Like 5

Yeah I don't think there's any reasonable argument against getting new brushes just before or at the con. Don't go for something drastically different than what you're used to, of course and if you have a favourite brand/type and can get one (or a few) ordered in time, definitely do that. If you can't do that, then I'm sure you can find something comparable. 

I have never done anything more to remove tip glue than swish my brush around in my rinse cup. If you forget to do so, you'll know it because the brush will be stiff. It won't mess with your paint otherwise. You just need to rinse it.

It would suck to lose any brush at the con, not just a brand new one. If you're worried about it, label your belongings and don't leave your stuff sitting around if someone you trust isn't around. With the con being in the hotel, it'll be easier than ever to only bring down the things that you need at that moment and not just leave your stuff around to grow legs.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, hungerfan said:

I should get a shirt printed up of my forum pic!! :P

Better be the one you posted on Faceybookie with the stocking hat on.....::D:

Early RCons someone printed off avatar stickers for the badges. She only did it for people who didn't change avatars all the time.

Heck, I'll make it easy for bing goers: If you want to find me, come into the gaming room, I'll probably be behind a DM's screen.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Ah. I didn't think of that. I'm really frustrated right now with my brushes, b/c i can't get any of them to keep a point if the paint on them is even slightly thinned, making blending on small parts nigh impossible. 

hey- find me at my desk (erin hartwell) and you can borrow one of mine. I can show you how to use it and how it works on some watercolor paper. just return it to me later.  My brother got me brushes for christmas one year, so I have extras!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, haldir said:

Early RCons someone printed off avatar stickers for the badges. She only did it for people who didn't change avatars all the time.

Heck, I'll make it easy for bing goers: If you want to find me, come into the gaming room, I'll probably be behind a DM's screen.

I still have the old sheets of avatars that I made into stickers for those years. And I believe I scolded @Heisler for changing his just before the convention one year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, haldir said:

I seriously doubt the hotel will feel as cold as it has felt here in the office.  The last few days I walk in and have not gotten to my desk before my hands are cold and I know it will be one of those days. It was worse on Monday and Tuesday because of the clouds outside keeping it cooler...but the temp didn't change inside and was still set for 95+ degree weather outside. Bbbbrrrrrr.

Is it time for Reapercon yet?!  I took that entire week off just to make things easier for me.  Poker events on 25th & 26th.  19th Anniversary on the 27th.  Then trying to do as little as possible the rest of the week except have fun. :)

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, hungerfan said:

Is it time for Reapercon yet?!  I took that entire week off just to make things easier for me.  Poker events on 25th & 26th.  19th Anniversary on the 27th.  Then trying to do as little as possible the rest of the week except have fun. :)

What the weather been like lately? Othen then hot of course. ha ha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, haldir said:

Up and down.  Mostly up.  We had some storms come in at the end of the weekend so Monday and Tuesday were decent but got a little humid by late afternoon.  I have not been outside since I got to the office but it was not bad this morning when I came in.  Hoping by end of Aug we will be in the low 90s  are even into the 80s....you just never know in TX.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, haldir said:

I just looked at the weather online, and it's a big pile of "NOPE, TOO HOT, I'M STAYING INDOORS!"

I live above the 49° parallel, my comfort zone is far lower than theirs.

Reason enough for me to skip the costume this year.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

I just looked at the weather online, and it's a big pile of "NOPE, TOO HOT, I'M STAYING INDOORS!"

I live above the 49° parallel, my comfort zone is far lower than theirs.

Reason enough for me to skip the costume this year.

I'm debating the squirrel costume myself on account of the weather. That thing was never made for warm weather.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2