Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter

Highlander

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Sirithiliel said:

Doing finishing touches on my minis, and i need to go print out the handouts i plan to use in my class, but i think i'm about ready

You don't need to do that; email it to ladystorm before tomorrow night. You should have gotten an email from Ron about it. :) 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

17 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Behold! Forum Bingo ID pins!

Well, once I attach the pins to the back that is. Just tilt your head left. Come grab me when you arrive, and I can give you the pin. Figure it might help on the Bingo. 

Hide contents

86BE89F3-9BCE-457D-BD5D-EDE98CD31ED6.thumb.jpeg.804dfee71cf2290313b399f30023ae70.jpeg

And just realized I didn’t make myself one. Well, shoot. Paper and glue it is then. Awesome¡¡!!!!¡!!

I need to start packing...

Especially the minis...

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

You don't need to do that; email it to ladystorm before tomorrow night. You should have gotten an email from Ron about it. :) 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

i did, but it's fine i don't mind doing it myself. The handout ended up being 3 sheets because i included pictures, and i need 8 copies, so with that number i'll just handle it myself. Besides i dont' know how to make it into a PDF to meet their requirements, so it'll just be easier to go pay a dollar or so at Staples to print it

• Like 1

looking at the area on google maps, i'm concerned about getting food for lunch and dinner...it looks like the majority of the 'nearby' food places people have been talking about are a half hour walk across a interstate. That's a bit much in Dallas heat for me, especially twice a day...

hopefully it's not as bad as it looks, or we can get lifts to food along with other people going. Though with how rarely we talk to people at the Convention i worry about that too, lol. The forumite tables are usually so full and busy we end up in a outlying empty one alone

• Like 1

University is labeled 380, but it is not an interstate.  35 is an interstate.  Not many food choices on the other side of 35.

Town Center Trail has a stop light.  Heritage Trail does not.  Not every food establishment is appearing on this map.

The hotel has a restaurant and Cheddars is across the parking lot.  

image.png

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

Thanks for the information. Would you say it is about a half hour walk though? Well, i'm sure we'll figure something out, plenty of people will be going for food during the day , we can always try and tag along for cheaper fast food 

Google claims a 10 minute walk to In-N-Out Burger and 20 minutes to Whataburger if you cross at Bonnie Brae ST.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

Doing finishing touches on my minis, and i need to go print out the handouts i plan to use in my class, but i think i'm about ready

Or you could just find me, I can fit 4 people in my truck (not including myself and depending on the legality of riding in a truck bed). The only time I won't be able to is during my 4 hour class, not sure how we'll work lunch in to that if at all.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Valthorn_Illian said:

Or you could just find me, I can fit 4 people in my truck (not including myself and depending on the legality of riding in a truck bed). The only time I won't be able to is during my 4 hour class, not sure how we'll work lunch in to that if at all.

Since I'm guessing that 4-hour class is mine, :;):  here's what I was thinking:

We have 2 hours of class time, a 1.5 hour lunch break, and then 2 more hours of class time.  I will probably personally grab the quickest lunch option I can find and then go back to the classroom to keep working with anyone who wants to do the same thing.  We'll just be practicing the things from the first 2 hours, not going over a bunch of new stuff so as to allow those who want/need the full 1.5 hour lunch break not to miss anything.  Then, once everyone is back together from whatever length lunch break they wanted, we'll get started on more new things in the last 2 hours of class.

All this is to say, you should be totally free for whatever lunch you want on the day of your 4-hour class too, and I definitely don't want to contribute to starving anyone!

• Like 5