Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter

Highlander

2 minutes ago, Kuro Cleanbrush said:

Since I'm guessing that 4-hour class is mine, :;):  here's what I was thinking:

We have 2 hours of class time, a 1.5 hour lunch break, and then 2 more hours of class time.  I will probably personally grab the quickest lunch option I can find and then go back to the classroom to keep working with anyone who wants to do the same thing.  We'll just be practicing the things from the first 2 hours, not going over a bunch of new stuff so as to allow those who want/need the full 1.5 hour lunch break not to miss anything.  Then, once everyone is back together from whatever length lunch break they wanted, we'll get started on more new things in the last 2 hours of class.

All this is to say, you should be totally free for whatever lunch you want on the day of your 4-hour class too, and I definitely don't want to contribute to starving anyone!

You would be correct sir, that would be the class. I'm actually planning to bring something microwavable for that day.

• Like 4

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Valthorn_Illian said:

Or you could just find me, I can fit 4 people in my truck (not including myself and depending on the legality of riding in a truck bed). The only time I won't be able to is during my 4 hour class, not sure how we'll work lunch in to that if at all.

i'll keep that in mind, thank you! i'm just worried about how hot Dallas can be, and that far of a walk when i'm having leg issues haha

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i'll keep that in mind, thank you! i'm just worried about how hot Dallas can be, and that far of a walk when i'm having leg issues haha

Might someone be able to drive you door-to-door so you have less walking to do on an injured leg? They can park after bringing you to the destination. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i'm sure things will be fine, it'll work out. The issue i'm having isn't too serious, but i wasn't sure about trying to walk 20-30 minutes on it, and i know how hot and humid Dallas can be :P 

Is the air mostly liquid? :upside:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

If you are concerned about having access to food for lunches other than what is available at the hotel, this is a possibility:

15 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

FYI, Enterprise has their 12.99 weekend rentals again and there is one by the hotel, if you want a Friday-Sunday rental you might be able to grab the rate

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

I can almost guarantee I'll be running out to get food almost every day in the car, so with the exception of our trip to Hard Eight for dinner, we can probably help folks drive through somwehere

Likewise for my son and I on Fri and Sat.   

White Toyota Corolla with a blue off center stripe and Iowa plates. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Valthorn_Illian said:

Close. More like walking around with a warm, dripping towel wrapped around your face and body. Kinda like water boarding without the restraints.

Will feel like the desert during a dry spell compared to what we have going on up here in Missouri.

Siri, I'm sure you can get a ride with folks going to lunch just by asking around. You don't want to overdo it trying to walk on an injured leg.  BTDT. 

• Like 1

I will be in the old junky Camry (1999 car that has yet to hit 90k miles.) during the week but should have the nicer Subaru Impreza on Sat.  Lunch/dinner options with daughter may be Subway since we know it is safe for her but there will surely be other options we can do and will be happy to cart a couple others with us.

• Like 1