Jump to content

Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter


Highlander
 Share

Recommended Posts

@Crimson_king_of_the_tower  Yes. You can also fix up and enter something that you painted earlier. It is fun to hear your name called during the awards ceremony and individual critiques from the judges are invaluable. Every year, I hear something that I had never thought about and didn't expect. Really, enter something, even if it isn't your best. You might do better than you think you will and you will have something to improve on next year. 

Edited by Keianna
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Moderator
On 8/20/2018 at 7:46 AM, Sirithiliel said:

Thanks for the information. Would you say it is about a half hour walk though? Well, i'm sure we'll figure something out, plenty of people will be going for food during the day , we can always try and tag along for cheaper fast food 

 

We could also get together and order pizza too, I would assume. Or order take out and have someone grab it for you. :)

 

6 hours ago, Crimson_king_of_the_tower said:

Im so stressed I wanted to enter the msp open and my wife REALLY wants me to but as I was prepping my mini it started crumbling into multiple pieces in my hand (it was a skeleton which I love to paint). Now if i even finish painting some other mini that's smaller i won't have time to base him at all i just don't know.... should I just finish something cause it's my first time? Is it worth it to get judged on something I have to start over on and do so quickly?

 

Also remember that entries are not Due until Firday at 5:00pm.  That gives a lot of at the con painting time, with free advice from pros.  My son started his entry at RCon '16 on Thursday morning and still placed a bronze.

 

23 hours ago, ladystorm said:

understatement, yeah.  :)

 

Are you running the store again?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Crimson_king_of_the_tower said:

Can someone explain what the ribbons are and the purpose? Been through all the kickstarters and on the forums forever but first time to reapercon so just trying to figure it all out lol

Mass hysteria is a perfectly acceptable answer. :upside:

 

I regret not making my own ribbon. But I had a lot of last minute decisions that made it impossible to make it in time.

 

...That and I totally forgot it was a thing. :down:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have sn ogre I started practicing glazing and blending on so his skin is done I'll just have to do his details and basing I really wanted a skeleton though oh well I'll just buy one there this year and take the whole year getting ready for 2019. As for ribbons that's cool I am a leather worker and actually have leather badges I made for our wedding left over I can bring. The requirement will be to say hi for the first time lol. Or some shared information:;):

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Mass hysteria is a perfectly acceptable answer. :upside:

 

I regret not making my own ribbon. But I had a lot of last minute decisions that made it impossible to make it in time.

 

...That and I totally forgot it was a thing. :down:

I didnt get around to ordering ribbons this year.  Still jave some from last year so I'll still have some of one.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think someone had a photo of me with their ribbons last year and the ribbon stack was taller than me!

 

Also, I'm always happy to help people with critiques before the entry is due on things to improve if that helps.  Just know it means I can't necessarily judge that mini- but we have backup folks to fill in.  so find me and I'll help!

 

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Corporea said:

I think someone had a photo of me with their ribbons last year and the ribbon stack was taller than me!

 

Also, I'm always happy to help people with critiques before the entry is due on things to improve if that helps.  Just know it means I can't necessarily judge that mini- but we have backup folks to fill in.  so find me and I'll help!

 

I have soooooooo many people from the forums to find and meet awww man. How best to get ahold of people at the con will there be a thread people actively look at for that? 

2 minutes ago, Valthorn_Illian said:

The con is a week out, yaw think I got enough stuff primed and ready to work on while I'm there or do I need more? Because I got time to do some more.

 

Too late I added nine KDM figures to the line up. Maybe I should add more?

mess.jpg

Did you zenithal prime those? It's been something im looking into alot

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Crimson_king_of_the_tower said:

I have soooooooo many people from the forums to find and meet awww man. How best to get ahold of people at the con will there be a thread people actively look at for that? 

I know for me, just find the very loud guy that is constantly going to be by the board games (if not with me) - that's probably Mr. Mouse. He'll probably shove you at me b/c he wants me to meet people and stuff.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

So...here's my question. Do I bring minis to paint other than my entries...or do I just go crazy in the dealer room and find something to paint there? 

This will be my first time too, so take my answer with a grain of salt.

 

Other than my contest entry, I'm planning on bringing minis that I can use to practice techniques from the classes I'm taking (blending and NMM).  I'm also considering taking another mini or two as "candy", something I can work on without a lot of stress.  On the other hand, I'm also planning on bringing my own paint, so I need to make sure whatever I do can be done within the colors I bring.  (Since I'm packing my paints in checked luggage, I may just bring a Reaper paint caddy.  It'd certainly make things easier.)

 

I don't actually know how much time I will have to paint (or can stand to paint) but I'd rather be prepared and bring too much than not enough.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

This will be my first time too, so take my answer with a grain of salt.

 

Other than my contest entry, I'm planning on bringing minis that I can use to practice techniques from the classes I'm taking (blending and NMM).  I'm also considering taking another mini or two as "candy", something I can work on without a lot of stress.  On the other hand, I'm also planning on bringing my own paint, so I need to make sure whatever I do can be done within the colors I bring.  (Since I'm packing my paints in checked luggage, I may just bring a Reaper paint caddy.  It'd certainly make things easier.)

 

I don't actually know how much time I will have to paint (or can stand to paint) but I'd rather be prepared and bring too much than not enough.

Heh. Mr. Mouse and I are driving, so I'll be bringing all of my paint, since it's all in caddies or bullet cases. Since my classes are primarily on faces and skin, I'm not actually certain what minis I have that would work for practicing.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...