Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter

Highlander

15 minutes ago, Valthorn_Illian said:

And is there anyone who can show me how to use a wet palette correctly?

10 minutes ago, Keianna said:

I can certainly show you what finally works for me. I could not get a sponge to work, no matter what I tried. Now I use parchment paper and paper towels. Works like a dream. I will have my lego name tag with my forum name at my spot wherever I am set up. I will have extra wet pallet stuff too if anyone needs it. 

I'd be happy to talk to you as well. I live in a semi-arid area, so wet palettes are nearly mandatory, and I have a solution that works for hours of painting without much problem with paint drying.

FWIW, I also use paper towels instead of sponges: you can throw them away when you change paper (which essentially eliminates mold problems; yes I know about copper and that it only works for a while), they're white rather than yellow, which means I can see the color of the paint better.

At a guess, you're not using enough water: the water should be pretty much up to the top of the sponge/paper when you start. Many people use a damp sponge with a bit of water in the bottom of the container, which doesn't work as well.

• Like 5

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Valthorn_Illian said:

I keep having to use a butt load of additives or the mixes will dry out in a few minutes and water seems to do nothing.

Are you using the paper that comes with most wet pallets?  If so, I've always heard that that does not work.  I only use parchment paper, and that works on top of sponges, paper towels, or pretty much anything.

• Thanks 3

40 minutes ago, Valthorn_Illian said:

And is there anyone who can show me how to use a wet palette correctly?

Not sure where this is going....

Wet palettes mentioned in the same thread as indoor pools at the hotel.  We are in so much trouble with the cake throwing and wet palette pool parties!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, hungerfan said:

Not sure where this is going....

Wet palettes mentioned in the same thread as indoor pools at the hotel.  We are in so much trouble with the cake throwing and wet palette pool parties!

Yeah, let's migrate that wet pallette discussion before it's gets too crazy.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/82241-wet-palette-screw-ups/

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Crimson_king_of_the_tower said:

I have soooooooo many people from the forums to find and meet awww man. How best to get ahold of people at the con will there be a thread people actively look at for that? 

There is the Forumite Bingo. You’ll meet 25 of the nicest forum members doing so. The Bingo thread is locked and so is rapidly descending the list, but my picture is on the last page in spoilers. Find me and grab a card, and we can start pointing you to those brave souls who adorn the paper. 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

There is the Forumite Bingo. You’ll meet 25 of the nicest forum members doing so. The Bingo thread is locked and so is rapidly descending the list, but my picture is on the last page in spoilers. Find me and grab a card, and we can start pointing you to those brave souls who adorn the paper. 

I had planned on it but didn't see the sign up date and didn't get to sign up my wife loves bingo but doesn't have a forum account. As far as what i'm wearing I will have a black and purple kilt on and I MAY be wearing my leather breast plate and bracers 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Crimson_king_of_the_tower said:

I had planned on it but didn't see the sign up date and didn't get to sign up my wife loves bingo but doesn't have a forum account. As far as what i'm wearing I will have a black and purple kilt on and I MAY be wearing my leather breast plate and bracers 

Er, yes, you missed the signup, but you don’t have to be on the cards to play the game. You just need to come get a card and start meeting people. That was my intent above. 

AND you don’t have to be a forum member to play either. So she can grab a card, you can meet people with her, and she can get the ribbon.

Or not. It’s all just for fun and socializing.

Edited by Pegazus
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crimson_king_of_the_tower said:

Bring and wear the garb!

I'm bringing 2 sets of garb...

• Like 6

Oh ok, this is me in the squirrel costume (you can't miss it):

IMG_2619.JPG

I haven't decided what day I'll be wearing the thing thou. It won't be Thursday as that is Reaper HQ travel day. Most likely Saturday.

I just noticed I still have the same shoes. ha ha

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

I have no pictures. However, if you look for the short person in the black fedora (I almost never go anywhere without it), and/or the tall, bearded guy with the battered akubra, you'll … well, you'll find one of us, and where there is one, the other usually isn't far behind. I don't think Mr. Thorne is on the card, but I am!

I'll be harder to miss Saturday; what with the ears and the orange streaks and all.

• Like 8