Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter

4 minutes ago, haldir said:

If I don't have a min amount for my game, I'll try & get a person by having someone announce I need a player.

I know your game the Haunt only shows two people signed up, and only 1 slot left.   I'm presuming the "missing" two slots are my son and I, since the system couldn't figure out which one of us to associate with the game. 

Since I wasn't the only one that ran into this problem, I suspect that game counts as shown on Growtix are wrong for many games. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a heads up for those of you doing bones conversion classes. TSA stopped me on my return home flight to check my case for possible explosive residue. Apparently, the bones conversion I had glued with a ton of bones glue, was flagged and the agent had to swab the entirety of the inside of my mini case. I had used so much glue i nearly glued myself to multiple surfaces making it. But keep that in mind as I had to explain why I had "toys" and why I wasn't "too old" to be "playing" with them lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
1 hour ago, haldir said:

If I don't have a min amount for my game, I'll try & get a person by having someone announce I need a player. If I can't get anyone that way, then most likely I probably won't run the game. I ran a game with a couple last year & the game was fun, I had to modify the game quite a bit since it was made for a party of 4 or 5. I really don't want to do that again this year.

There will be a printed convention guide with the schedule printed. At least past RCon there has been.

Well I will tag my sons to wander around your games when they start.  They are both around to play but have no clue what they want to play so should be pretty open to just about anything.  Both are "adults" in that they are older teens.  They are a tad introverted but good once they get into a group.

4 minutes ago, Mr Melons said:

Just a heads up for those of you doing bones conversion classes. TSA stopped me on my return home flight to check my case for possible explosive residue. Apparently, the bones conversion I had glued with a ton of bones glue, was flagged and the agent had to swab the entirety of the inside of my mini case. I had used so much glue i nearly glued myself to multiple surfaces making it. But keep that in mind as I had to explain why I had "toys" and why I wasn't "too old" to be "playing" with them lol.

Unfortunately any significant amount of CA glue is going to tag as explosive, even the finished stuff.  between the CN and the tri-bonded nitrogen the compound can set off all sorts of fun!  At least the beagles dont recognize it...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
35 minutes ago, Argentee said:

So bad idea to pack superglue for the con?

If anything you can always buy a new bottle down there & then donate it to Reaper for communal use or an attendee that is driving/local. As I tend to give something out during my games, besides ReaperBucks, I was gonna pick up a Testor's spray can at Hobby Lobby & then just give it away or just do what Sylverthorne says ^_^

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, Keianna said:

I will bring my papercraft rpg stuff and see if I can get people to play. It might help that I will have homemade chex mix and locally made libations. 

Wait, wait... Chex mix?

Talk more of this. ;)

• Like 3

Glue should be plentiful. Think I packed three different kinds of CA. Course, I’ve got the space in the car, too.

ETA: Point being, I’m happy to share if you’re worried about getting friendly with a TSA individual.

Edited by Pegazus
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1