Sign in to follow this  
Highlander

Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter

Just checked in for tomorrow's 5 am flight.

Now to repack suitcase & carry-on (probably occur 3-4 times throughout the day),

Meet with electrician about moving electric panel as part of remodel.

Attempt to salvage entry.

Finish cleaning house.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Keianna said:

So, of course the day before I leave, I have a sick bunny to deal with. If he isn't eating by the time I get home today it is off to the vet for us. :down: :zombie:

Hope the bunny is better soon.  I always worry about leaving my cats for so long. They really do not like it when we are gone for days. This year we have 3 porch cats, momma and two kittens we have been feeding.  They are going to be hungry for a few days because I cannot leave food outside. 

3 hours ago, Keianna said:

So, of course the day before I leave, I have a sick bunny to deal with. If he isn't eating by the time I get home today it is off to the vet for us. :down: :zombie:

Hope the bunny is better soon.  I always worry about leaving my cats for so long. They really do not like it when we are gone for days. This year we have 3 porch cats, momma and two kittens we have been feeding.  They are going to be hungry for a few days because I cannot leave food outside. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Does pregnancy brain really exist?

I'm doing tech support for a woman this morning who appears to be a complete ditz. What we're dealing with should be a simple issue, but she's failing to grasp a couple simple of concepts while having no problem with a more complex one.  I'm having to pull one of those tech support classics - keep figuring out different ways to say the same thing until one finally clicks. 

She then mentions that she's due any day now...

ETA: Whoops, I thought this was in the Randomness thread...I will say no more. 

Edited by kristof65
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Sounds a little distracted is all. 

Anyway, checked into the hotel. Whoever grabbed Room 1028 while I was confirming with the SO that a high floor was okay, curses to you! Oh well. Went with one down the hall. 

ETA: Not physically there. Only checked in via the app.

Edited by Pegazus
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Does pregnancy brain really exist?

I'm doing tech support for a woman this morning who appears to be a complete ditz. What we're dealing with should be a simple issue, but she's failing to grasp a couple simple of concepts while having no problem with a more complex one.  I'm having to pull one of those tech support classics - keep figuring out different ways to say the same thing until one finally clicks. 

She then mentions that she's due any day now...

Yes, yes it does. I lost all ability to multitask for about a month. It sucked. Its not just distraction. Be patient.

Checked in via app to flight and hotel. Soon... back to packing...

• Like 6

State of mind:

Gotta water the plants. Feed the cats. Clean the house. Go to the bank. Should probably eat, too. 

Oh no!  Where's my electronics bag?  Ahhhh! Oh- there it is. Crisis averted.

Crap!  Where's the Dullcoat?  Ahhhhh! Why did I leave dullcoating till the last day?  Oh- there it is. Crisis averted.

Where's the cat?  Wait.  Cat!  Where are you?  Oh. There you are. In the suitcase. Crisis averted.

Still not packed.

Sigh.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Corporea said:

State of mind:

Gotta water the plants. Feed the cats. Clean the house. Go to the bank. Should probably eat, too. 

Oh no!  Where's my electronics bag?  Ahhhh! Oh- there it is. Crisis averted.

Crap!  Where's the Dullcoat?  Ahhhhh! Why did I leave dullcoating till the last day?  Oh- there it is. Crisis averted.

Where's the cat?  Wait.  Cat!  Where are you?  Oh. There you are. In the suitcase. Crisis averted.

Still not packed.

Sigh.

I read this in your voice and imagined your mannerisms lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

Sounds a little distracted is all. 

Anyway, checked into the hotel. Whoever grabbed Room 1028 while I was confirming with the SO that a high floor was okay, curses to you! Oh well. Went with one down the hall. 

ETA: Not physically there. Only checked in via the app.

I can't recall what room, I did 1008 maybe? Hell I might have left it up to them, mainly to keep RCon people together (which I'm sure the block is)

All that is left is pack clothes (important!!!) & work on a couple of paper scenery I spaced off doing...

T-minus 3 hours or so before I leave for Boise!!!

Back to packing!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

I thought about that room but went with one on the second floor

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chaosscorpion said:

May it be a grand event for you all!  Wish I was coming and bringing the family as planned, but life intervened.  :down:

I try to get on the hangouts to show folks that can't be there what is going on, so watch the hangouts chatter thread 

• Like 3

i dont' know what room we have. I'm assuming we'll just be given a room when we show up to check in, unless there was a specific room listed when husband reserved, in which case i have no idea 

• Like 1