Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Highlander

Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter

Recommended Posts

Just checked in for tomorrow's 5 am flight.

 

Now to repack suitcase & carry-on (probably occur 3-4 times throughout the day),

 

Meet with electrician about moving electric panel as part of remodel.

 

Attempt to salvage entry.

 

Finish cleaning house.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Keianna said:

So, of course the day before I leave, I have a sick bunny to deal with. If he isn't eating by the time I get home today it is off to the vet for us. :down: :zombie:

 

Hope the bunny is better soon.  I always worry about leaving my cats for so long. They really do not like it when we are gone for days. This year we have 3 porch cats, momma and two kittens we have been feeding.  They are going to be hungry for a few days because I cannot leave food outside. 

3 hours ago, Keianna said:

So, of course the day before I leave, I have a sick bunny to deal with. If he isn't eating by the time I get home today it is off to the vet for us. :down: :zombie:

 

Hope the bunny is better soon.  I always worry about leaving my cats for so long. They really do not like it when we are gone for days. This year we have 3 porch cats, momma and two kittens we have been feeding.  They are going to be hungry for a few days because I cannot leave food outside. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does pregnancy brain really exist?

I'm doing tech support for a woman this morning who appears to be a complete ditz. What we're dealing with should be a simple issue, but she's failing to grasp a couple simple of concepts while having no problem with a more complex one.  I'm having to pull one of those tech support classics - keep figuring out different ways to say the same thing until one finally clicks. 

She then mentions that she's due any day now...

ETA: Whoops, I thought this was in the Randomness thread...I will say no more. 

Edited by kristof65
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds a little distracted is all. 

 

Anyway, checked into the hotel. Whoever grabbed Room 1028 while I was confirming with the SO that a high floor was okay, curses to you! Oh well. Went with one down the hall. 

 

ETA: Not physically there. Only checked in via the app.

Edited by Pegazus
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Does pregnancy brain really exist?

I'm doing tech support for a woman this morning who appears to be a complete ditz. What we're dealing with should be a simple issue, but she's failing to grasp a couple simple of concepts while having no problem with a more complex one.  I'm having to pull one of those tech support classics - keep figuring out different ways to say the same thing until one finally clicks. 

She then mentions that she's due any day now...

Yes, yes it does. I lost all ability to multitask for about a month. It sucked. Its not just distraction. Be patient.

Checked in via app to flight and hotel. Soon... back to packing...

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

State of mind:

 

Gotta water the plants. Feed the cats. Clean the house. Go to the bank. Should probably eat, too. 

Oh no!  Where's my electronics bag?  Ahhhh! Oh- there it is. Crisis averted.

Crap!  Where's the Dullcoat?  Ahhhhh! Why did I leave dullcoating till the last day?  Oh- there it is. Crisis averted.

Where's the cat?  Wait.  Cat!  Where are you?  Oh. There you are. In the suitcase. Crisis averted.

Still not packed.

Sigh.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Corporea said:

State of mind:

 

Gotta water the plants. Feed the cats. Clean the house. Go to the bank. Should probably eat, too. 

Oh no!  Where's my electronics bag?  Ahhhh! Oh- there it is. Crisis averted.

Crap!  Where's the Dullcoat?  Ahhhhh! Why did I leave dullcoating till the last day?  Oh- there it is. Crisis averted.

Where's the cat?  Wait.  Cat!  Where are you?  Oh. There you are. In the suitcase. Crisis averted.

Still not packed.

Sigh.

I read this in your voice and imagined your mannerisms lol.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

Sounds a little distracted is all. 

 

Anyway, checked into the hotel. Whoever grabbed Room 1028 while I was confirming with the SO that a high floor was okay, curses to you! Oh well. Went with one down the hall. 

 

ETA: Not physically there. Only checked in via the app.

 

I can't recall what room, I did 1008 maybe? Hell I might have left it up to them, mainly to keep RCon people together (which I'm sure the block is)

 

All that is left is pack clothes (important!!!) & work on a couple of paper scenery I spaced off doing...

 

T-minus 3 hours or so before I leave for Boise!!!

 

Back to packing!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

Anyway, checked into the hotel. Whoever grabbed Room 1028 while I was confirming with the SO that a high floor was okay, curses to you! Oh well. Went with one down the hall. 

 

I thought about that room but went with one on the second floor

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, chaosscorpion said:

May it be a grand event for you all!  Wish I was coming and bringing the family as planned, but life intervened.  :down:

I try to get on the hangouts to show folks that can't be there what is going on, so watch the hangouts chatter thread 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont' know what room we have. I'm assuming we'll just be given a room when we show up to check in, unless there was a specific room listed when husband reserved, in which case i have no idea 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...