Sign in to follow this  
Highlander

Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter

packed! except for you know stuff I need in the morning. Ton of photos taken of my entry. All my show off pieces are now magnitized and in my Tablewar case.Time to relax with a cognac.... hmmm wonder what I forgot?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

I will miss you too! You will be there in spirit!

I do, and the package is safely away with our overland travel unit.

----

I have begun to realize, I may not get any more painting done. So some may have to be done at the con. Hmmm... Instead of my travel kit, I may have to load a pistol case with the paints I am using. And beg/burrow/steal any other colors I may need. Thursday I have no slots. So it could be done!!!

@Thes Hunter

You are welcome to use whatever in the way of Reaper paints I have available.  I have nearly filled three of the Reaper translucent plastic paint organizers, and brought them all.

Wife and I are in room 914,  across the hall from the elevator lobby.  If we aren't in just leave a message on the white board that is hanging from the door.

GEM

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Finally heading home from the site. One late airport pickup with hotel drop off made this a 14 hr work day.

I've driven over 100 miles in town since tank fill up yesterday, all on the clock, not counting this airport trip. Darling hubby drove. 

Tomorrow starts early, between 7 and 8 with the rest of the set up before doors open.  I'll be at Meet and Greet this year.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

I've been posting regularly since we left home on Sunday in Off Topic/Floor is Lava.

Arrived in Denton around 5:00 checked in smoothly as wife has Hilton Honors for her official traveling for our Fraternal Order.

They put us in Room 914 which is a full blown suite!  Convenient to the elevators, which are large and fast.

White Board is on the door so stop by and say hi if were in or leave a message.

I have tools, including a hot glue gun, electric drill, soldering iron, 3 boxes of Reaper Paint, and we'll be buying snackies and beverages in morning.

GEM

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Evilhalfling said:

does it have anything to do with pretending to be a supervisor for the FBI/Texas Rangers or Federal Marshals, and confirming that a pair of unlikely named agents should have access to a body/crime scene/ evidence room? 

As far as I know, I am not under any current FBI investigations. So I'm going to say.... no.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Thes Hunter said:

I'm not certain it'll even be one more sleep for me. It might be 0 more sleeps.

But does this mean your comlng Pezler?

No, unfortunately I'n not able to come this year. But I'm all about exacerbating everyone's excitement so that they can't sleep. ::P:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

I've been posting regularly since we left home on Sunday in Off Topic/Floor is Lava.

Arrived in Denton around 5:00 checked in smoothly as wife has Hilton Honors for her official traveling for our Fraternal Order.

They put us in Room 914 which is a full blown suite!  Convenient to the elevators, which are large and fast.

White Board is on the door so stop by and say hi if were in or leave a message.

I have tools, including a hot glue gun, electric drill, soldering iron, 3 boxes of Reaper Paint, and we'll be buying snackies and beverages in morning.

GEM

May have to stop by just to see the place lol

• Like 4

Everything but sleeping is finally done! Why is it that the last 5% of my packing took 90% of my time?! :zombie:

I'm glad I put as much time into packing as I did this year, though. I went through my usual packing list as well as my hobby stuff list and ruthlessly examined each item. Do I really need it? Do I need that much of it? Can I substitute something smaller/lighter instead? Etc. 

The results of this wildly exceeded expectations: My main suitcase with everything in it weighs less than 40 pounds! *flex* My carryon is only 17, and my backpack (personal item) has less in it than usual. I'm...fairly certain my new suitcase is secretly a Tardis; I was able to easily fit an entirely full Reaper caddy in it. As in, one of the big clear ones. :blink: 

But! Now I am off to bed, perchance to get a couple hours of sleep! I'm bringing earplugs so I can maybe sleep on the plane. Or maybe I'll just jitter my way through tomorrow (today) in a sleep-deprived, caffiene-fueled haze. Why break tradition? :lol:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 11

Yeah...sleep isn't happening, I'm too keyed up. I'll just rest until my alarm goes off then. :zombie:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 5