Sign in to follow this  
Highlander

Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter

Yup, not much sleep here, either. Maybe 3 hours.

Oh well, that's what airplanes are for, right?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Part of it was I would start to drop off then suddenly panic about whether my alarm would go off or whether I'd sleep through it and miss my plane and need to find the next flight to Seattle and what if there isn't one etc ad nauseum. 

So instead I get an early start to my day yaaaaay. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I Have to get through another meeting packed day at work before I can get excited about the trip.

This year I will, inside the convention center at least, be wearing my blue parti-color blazer with a gen con 50 year commemorative pin.  Please come up and say hi! (I will probably have cookies!::D:)

Really looking forward to meeting people.  I've been to a couple of reapercons but I tend to be as introverted as the rest of my family most of the time.  This year I've started crawling out of my shell and becoming more outgoing so hopefully I can put some faces to names with this group.  Besides this year in not trying to manage small kids or huge work projects so I might get to actually have fun!

Less than. 24 hours til we arrive!

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Aard_Rinn said:

I passed out at 8pm and got up at 3, so im #woke...

Thru security and at the gate!

Of course theres three hrs till my flight...

Being early when carrying interesting items through security is always a good thing!  We'll do our best to get there early but I have meetings til 4 and my wife has massage clients until 3 so we're both working pretty much right up til flight time.  Hopefully I will get some sleep on the plane

• Like 7

Good news: made it through security without needing to do a strip tease...er search

Bad news: first leg of trip is on small plane, no baggage:grr:

Good news: I am in the emergency exit row, more leg room!

ETA: I can have baggage, but it has to go under the plane.

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 6

There are gonna be 70 ppl on my flight... On a 737. So Imma shoot for my own row.

Anyone else riding Southwest out of Laguardia, btw? We should hook up.

• Like 5

I'm awake.  Didn't get to sleep until after 2 am EDT.  It's not quite 6:30 am EDT now.  This isn't the least amount of sleep I've had while still needing to remain functional, so I should be fine.

Have to finish packing.  My checked suitcase is pretty full right now.  I'm not happy about this.  (Although my plan had always been to get most of my winnings shipped home rather than carried on the plane.)

• Like 4

If someone is willing and able to bring a spool of black thread with them, you will have my eternal gratitude!!! 

Huzzah! 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Yeah...sleep isn't happening, I'm too keyed up. I'll just rest until my alarm goes off then. :zombie:

Huzzah! 

Sleep didn’t happen for me either. 

Had a very nice conversation about Game of thrones with a guy sitting next to me who was off to watch the Louisville Bama game. So no sleep on that flight.

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Good news: made it through security without needing to do a strip tease...er search

Bad news: first leg of trip is on small plane, no baggage:grr:

Good news: I am in the emergency exit row, more leg room!

ETA: I can have baggage, but it has to go under the plane.

I was not so lucky. I’m glad I have no shame. I pretty much was like “see! No guns! Just spanx!!!”

17 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

If someone is willing and able to bring a spool of black thread with them, you will have my eternal gratitude!!! 

Huzzah! 

I should have thought to do that... cause I was repairing a very essential garment just prior to finishing packing. 

But it alas I did not, and now too late for me to pack it.

1 hour ago, Aard_Rinn said:

There are gonna be 70 ppl on my flight... On a 737. So Imma shoot for my own row.

Anyone else riding Southwest out of Laguardia, btw? We should hook up.

Hook up hook up?

• Like 4