Highlander

Reapercon 2018 Enthusiasm and Chatter

Ahhhhhhhhh

I'm alive, sorry y'all, hi

We'll be there in about 2 hours!

I brought my antlers but could not afford more ribbons this year, I'm sorry! 

See y'all soon!!!!

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

Ahhhhhhhhh

I'm alive, sorry y'all, hi

We'll be there in about 2 hours!

I brought my antlers but could not afford more ribbons this year, I'm sorry! 

See y'all soon!!!!

absolutely no apologies necessary!  I could have afforded them but time slipped away and I never got around to ordering any. 

I'm afraid you will just have to imagine meeting a 12 foot tall meat eating marsupial with a tiger striped rump... and then imagine getting a ribbon on your badge showing that you met such a beast! ::P: 

I really need to get around to figuring out how to sculpt one of these days,  if only to have that mini available to give away or sell to others.  if I had the sculpt, surely I could find someone to cast me a few hundred (I don't imagine its a big market)

Leaving in one hour!

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Just met GEM & co.  Nice folks!

Thank You, Sir and Lady.

And may I return the compliment.

We are all just han ging out waiting for 4:00 to roll around so registration will be open.

Samantha, our hard shelled traveling companion is fascinated by the view from our 9th floor room, which has floor to almost ceiling windows.  She has spent most of the daylight hours parked in front of the windows just peering out at what is going on outside and on the ground.  Who would have thoght that a creature that spends all of its life looking at the world from 4" above the ground would be facinated by the unobstructed view from such an elecation?

GEM

rm 914 Reapercon

• Like 6

Just now, Cyradis said:

GEM - did Buglips smell like goblin?

Not really.

I think Guindyloo made him bathe recently.

He did put the remark "I smell paint" on the whiteboard on my door

and

Guindyloo wrote underneath "I smell Buglips".

So maybe my olfactory senses are depressed, or else all other odors are being overwhelmed before reaching my nostrils by the scent of a Green Eyed Monster.  8^0

GEM

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Thank You, Sir and Lady.

And may I return the compliment.

We are all just han ging out waiting for 4:00 to roll around so registration will be open.

Samantha, our hard shelled traveling companion is fascinated by the view from our 9th floor room, which has floor to almost ceiling windows.  She has spent most of the daylight hours parked in front of the windows just peering out at what is going on outside and on the ground.  Who would have thoght that a creature that spends all of its life looking at the world from 4" above the ground would be facinated by the unobstructed view from such an elecation?

GEM

rm 914 Reapercon

You brought your turtle /tortise????

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

And landed. Hopefully can get some food before we have to exit to the baggage carousel 

then call an Uber for lift to the hotel

Glad to hear there have been fewer issues this year!  Hoping you two have a great time this go!  See you soon...ish... need to work with daughter on this base before I head out and she just got home.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hungerfan said:

Glad to hear there have been fewer issues this year!  Hoping you two have a great time this go!  See you soon...ish... need to work with daughter on this base before I head out and she just got home.

Yes thankfully things have gone smoothly, though we haven’t had lunch. By depending on how far down the airport food is from baggage claim we might not get something just yet

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

If it's like last year, too soon.

Last year I was traveling in Japan, and I waited until Monday, thinking it would be *after* RCon. They went on sale on Saturday, I believe, and were quickly sold out when Monday came by. So I got nothing (aside from the trip and souvenirs I mean).

If I remember rightly, they were put on sale on Friday at about 11 a.m. my time, and they were sold out by 4 p.m.. It was a feeding frenzy for sure, hopefully they'll make many more of them so that those who can't afford to make the trip to Reapercon can still be a part of it somehow.

27 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

GEM - did Buglips smell like goblin?

At this point, @buglips*the*goblin probably smells like Funyuns. :upside:

• Like 3