Hello everyone,

I really didn't think I would do so much for the hobby these days, but suprisingly I am making good progress on all fronts.

Writing a more or less funny story-like commentary for @Cyradis Max Decker WIP and Showoff and having been asked by @Erifnogard about the use of my Adeptus Sororitas and Inquisitor Grayfax, I was motived to continue some army background for my  Fantasy/Magical/1940s Pulp/Steampunk/Dieselpunk/Idunnowhat/ manslaughtering killer machine doll robot knight (and so forth and so on) army I am currently working on (no WIP here as of yet - but a seek for advice on the colours - look ->here<-).

So during today, while cutting plastic, metal and my fingers, I recorded some background ideas and wrote them down to make an overall background for the main character and how this fraction was formed.

And then I decided to translate it and present it here to hear your thoughts on it. Please keep in mind - I was translating this from German. So my spelling and use of words my not be all too apropriate. I am sorry for that as well as for all mistakes.

I guess I some day will enlarge it into a full grown background story, but for now ... just a little fairy tale of two sisters.

//

Once upon a time there were two sisters who awoke inside a dark tower. Without any memory of their origin or who they were, they wandered about the gloomy floors, lost in the door- and windowless interior of their prison. But strangely, they felt nothing. They never felt anything.

Following an eternity of them being all alone, a wizard appeared, dressed in white robes, who freed them from their misery and named them Devola and Popola.

He took them with him to his castle high in the mountains, where they, for the first time, experienced the feeling of looking through a window and enjoying the sun, roamed the nature and saw more then they ever did before.

They spent much time at the wizard’s castle, laughing and living through their days. Two flowers, plucked from the wizard’s garden and put in each other’s hair, became the symbol of their bond.

But as the castle was lying high above the surroundings, the sisters were able to see their former prison day by day, as well as the people entering and leaving it.

They were surprised. They had never seen or heard someone inside the tower.

The wizard had forbidden them to approach the tower and the evil people living inside it, but finally curiosity overwhelmed them.

One night, they slunk off the castle and went to the tower.

It took them some time until they found its entry, but then they walked inside and into wonderland.

Strange metal machines, smoking and steaming, sighted, hissed and whizzed. Iron humans, bound and chained to the walls, were just standing there, seemingly sleeping and soulless, while magicians and wizards walked between them. Gigantic pots hovered above the scenery, poured hellish hot lava into earth holes, unleashing new iron men into the human made cave.

The sisters became panic-stricken, but as they turned to flee the horrible sight, they were spotted and taken into custody.

They were brought before the leader of the strange facility, who – to their horror – turned out to be the wizard who had helped them escape their prison and who they trusted so much.

He showed disappointment in them ignoring his warnings, but it was Popola who discovered the truth behind his words.

He had lied to them, knowing all about them from the beginning on. The sister told the wizard that they would leave when he didn’t tell them what he knew.

The evil wizard replied by speaking a magical word, sending Popola to the ground, lifeless.

Devola fell on her knees, trying to wake her sister, but no matter what she did, her sister didn’t move.

When she begged the wizard to revive Popola, he revealed to her that her sister would never live. And so won’t she.

They were mere dolls, made of iron and steel, constructed solely for the purpose of being perfect servants and warriors.

Brought to life by magically invoked echoes of long lost souls caught in energetic cages and buried deep inside their hearts, it was only a combination of engineering and spirituality that allowed them to be more than soulless statues.

But that moment Popolas body was drained of all her energy, her soul escaped into eternity and everything she ever was disappeared, too.

The wizard felt no loss. He had seen enough metal creatures rise and fall, so he didn’t mind ending the life of one of his creations. He could easily make another one.

The remaining sister became very furious and slew the wizard – as well as all his henchmen.

Then she set off, thirsting for revenge and to find out if she could awake her lifeless sister whatsoever.

The now masterless machine life forms followed her.

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 6
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lexomatic
      I decided because I have a bunch of grass boards, that I should do some backdrops for nice dioramas and maybe just regular photos. So I primed (mostly matte medium which I have liters of and a little primer and a tiny bit of craft paint for volume) some of my many cereal boxes.
      Should I do anything more than sky and land/horizon? Tree silhouettes maybe? Got any good examples

• By SisterMaryNapalm
      Hello everyone,

A new piece of work.

This time it's a WWII themed diorama, 1/72 scale (which makes around half the size of a 28mm figure. The diorama itself has around the size of two smartphones.

The whole project is my entry to a painting competition in a German forum and the first finished work since February 2020 - so one year ago.

The main model, PzKpfw IV Ausf. J, is almost 25 years old. I got this model when I was a kid, and I painted it thickly using email colours, but I never assembled it. Last August, when I moved, I found the model and gave it an overhaul, and when February arrived, I took my time to paint it, do the figures and the diorama.

As always: If you like what you see, and you have nothing more to say, leave a like as a nod to my participation in the forums. I don't need "nice", "cool", "excellent" or "awesome", because those words are used way too frequently to mean anything.

//

//

When I have got time, I need to get some plywood to cover the outside of the diorama, but, to be honest - I am way too lazy to do it now. lol.

Check my Instagram page for other work, if you like:

https://www.instagram.com/sistermarynapalm/

• By SisterMaryNapalm
      Wololo!

Haven't posted this little project here until now, because I was too lazy to translate it and on top of that not sure if it was too much skin or not enough,
      so I first had to browse through other pieces of KDM work to check if it was okay.

Found the exact same picture of one of my references, so I thought: Okay - I can try to translate it now.

After my surprisingly effective try to paint skin on this fellow (check ->here<-) I thought: Why not try and replicate the result on another figure. So I browsed through my pile of shame and found a KDM miniature with barely any clothes on her. So I thought: What perfect way to train smooth transitions.

So after wiping off the dust and priming her ...

I started working on the base layers and first shadows.

After I had applied some more shadows and highlights, I noticed I had defined the thin red line between the muscles of her thigh a bit too strong ...

And in the process of painting her feet, I somehow lost her toes - Oh, my god!

So while I was working on the other parts of her body and slowly building up the paint, I tried to work on her right thigh and on her right foot and get back the definition of the toes.

So after a full day of recovery operations, I finally had a look at my corrections and was surprised ...

In the end I had undone all my previous work and recreated the wrong transition ...

But I found the toes! Yay!

The outlining was a bit too strong, so I had to correct that as well ...

But I managed to make her skin surprisingly smooth.

In the end, I had to repaint the whole muscle section I worked on for a long time.

But now she's got beautiful buns and thighs

buns and thighs

Time for me to map out the other body parts ... making progress. Wonderful!

And while I am fighting her skin, Rhini took a reference book for NMM (In German, I used this to joke about metal painting rhinos - but unfortunately this only work in German)

But ... to be honest. I have no idea how I have to paint her dagger. I really don't know. I've got to think about it. I've painted NMM only once - it was okay, but not enough to make me feel safe doing it.

Well ... we will see.

• By SisterMaryNapalm
      Yes! We can do it again! Let's make a tank! Let's make a beautiful tank!

Once again, it's a diorama project based on a game scene, once again, it's Combat Mission.

In this particular diorama, the commander of a Panzer III M is a reallylucky  person. In a shootout during the Let's Play of German wargaming channel "TaktikfuchsTV", his Panzer III got hit around 20-25 times, prompting everyone to believe that this particular tank was dead. And I mean ... DEAD!

But to everyone's surprise, the crew reentered the vehicle and drove away - going like:

Here's the scene:

Kauder reenters his tank (In German)

So I got me a commanders figure and a tank ...

First off, some pictures to see what this project will look like:

So I got me a Panzer III from Tamiya and started to do some minor conversions ... and over the course of one afternoon, this vehicle was finished.

I am really proud of those selfmade smoke launchers.

The vehicle will be displayed with open hatches. That's a challenge due to the really lame interior, but that's not a problem. I'll use colors to make the less detailed parts dark and the detailed parts white - I hope that will work!

Tomorrow I'll go over the armor and do the shell damages. The only thing I am not certain about is the frontal armor provided by the spare tracks.
      I don't know how those look when they are hit. They are pretty massive and I simply cannot imagine them looking the same way as a normal armor plate when hit.

I've got to dig deeper into it.
    • By SisterMaryNapalm
      So, after quite some time, it's time to present some minis again. This time it's a group of Forge Worlds Death Korps of Krieg soldiers.

Those are a few prototype miniatures for a friends Imperial Guard army. If he likes the paintjob, we'll do them all in this pattern.

Oh, yeah - and just in case anyone goes "nice" or "awesome" or "excellent" again - HE'S WATCHING YOU.

If you really don't have got anything else to say, leave me a "like" instead. I take a "like" as a nod to my participation in this forum. A "nice" is getting me nowhere.

So long.
  • Who's Online   22 Members, 1 Anonymous, 51 Guests (See full list)