DMAgamus

Graveyard Expansion: Golem, Pumpkin Minions and Crypt (Plus full game board)

9PqIWPFl.jpg

"Freeking awesome, man! Where did you get that tattoo?"

"Know that stonemason over there? He made it! Makes me so happy!"

Great work. Really love the composition of colors!

• Like 2

Yea, I'm pretty happy with the Golem, Every mini I paint recently, I've picked a metal piece to do NMM. This is the first one I haven't just painted over. Its real bad, but getting better.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Bonnie Bailey
      Good Evening! SO after sorting through my minis and cleaning up my workstation post reaper con, I felt inspired to tackle some techniques that I have been avoiding. I wanted to pick a mini that i felt I could paint quickly (but lessbehonest, I don't paint quickly at all) and that would be a good candidate for two techniques that I am trying to learn. after a long drawn out process of hemming and hawing I found a miniature that I received an unmentionable number of years ago from reaper as a prize for buying miniatures during October. So it is Krissy the modern witch with out her familiar.

I have an idea of what I want to do, I want to keep the miniature a tight focus on OSL and Transparent fabric. If I am feeling like it after I have completed the mini, I may do a special base for her. I feel pretty good about my understanding of color, but I think this is going to be a pretty good challenge. Here's what I have so far.  

• By planetmut
      I bought this guy just before Halloween last year and promptly lost him. I found him Saturday evening under the sofa(!) while looking for my dog's missing tennis ball, so I finally got to paint him. This is the metal version but I can't find him on the Reaper site so I've given him the Bones SKU.

The "leaves" on the base are actually bits of crushed red chili pepper and the stalk thingies are from a tree that's reachable from our balcony.

• By NyarlaBcn
      My work for this past week. 
      I don't have space to display big dioramas; not even for scenic bases. Lately, though, I've been trying really, really small diorama ideas or improved basing with a bit more life. An example was my Mucroack posted here a month ago or so. 
      Now I used that idea to combine two Reaper miniatures that fit together perfectly; special edition Halloween Knight & Halloween Tree. 
      I used a rusty bronze, green & orange palette for most of this work. Really happy with the outcome :) 
      P.S. Gallery on Instagram @albertnyarla , will love some new followers ^^ 

• By Talae
      I picked up an airbrush kit on sale back in November. It came with two brushes, a compressor, and some other stuff.

Here is a picture:

The brush that I have been using mostly so far is the Badger Patriot 105. I say mostly because I have sprayed paint through it more than once, lol. I started with the bottom fed one (the 350) for one sitting of like 30 minutes, then tried another sitting with the 105 for like 30 minutes.

I have since used the 105 for something like three sittings of 30-60 minutes. My total airbrush experience is something like 2.5 hours plus another 1.5 hours of cleaning and practice assembly.

I have primarily just tried primers. The latest attempt has been applying Vallejo Surface Primer (black) to some of the graveyard set, namely the crypt and the fencing.

Here are those results (minus a rogue golem arm that missed being airbrushed until I cleaned up and was later brushed with the same color in order to prevent having to clean the airbrush for one piece):

I am thinking that I might try and use my Dwarven Forge paints to make this match the Dungeon terrain I have, but am not sure yet...and if I do go that route, would it be better to go with my typical dry rush route or should I be trying to apply colors on top of this with the airbrush? Or is there a different approach that I should be taking?
  • Who's Online   32 Members, 2 Anonymous, 266 Guests (See full list)