Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

50 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Though I now need to figure out what to make for lunch & dinner tonight, and then make it... 

If it's as rainy, grey, drizzly, and nasty where you are as it is where I am, I would have suggested chili.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, eldamir said:

About 2 years ago, security at my place of employment dropped usb keys all over the building with phone-home apps on them and then said that's exactly what they'd do after 95% of them were plugged into folks laptops within a day or two.

Cooler heads prevailed and I don't believe anyone lost their jobs over it, but now our USB ports are good only for mice and keyboards.. (can't even charge a  phone since the security policy sees 'storage device' and shuts the port off)

This is when you know you work in an office of engineers and tech geeks.  Our IT group pulled the same stunt with 8 gig sticks.  Everybody figured out what was going on pretty quick and we wipes the sticks on an old machine that was only connected to a piece of lab equipment.

IT cyber security shows up about 2 weeks later trying to figure out at the none of their 100 trap sticks phoned home only to see us using them all over the place.  There was much pleasurable stuttering and confusion but, long story short, they decided we knew what we were doing and we are one of the few Regions permitted to continue using external storage devices.  It might also have something to do with the 20 gig profiles we have to transfer between NIR device....

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

If it's as rainy, grey, drizzly, and nasty where you are as it is where I am, I would have suggested chili.

Yeah, that's gonna go into the instant pot this evening. Need to go to the grocery store to get the tomato products for it. Debating whether to get meat for it or not. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Pegazus said:

It was more like five minutes, and a front loader, so I was hoping. Slow toast over the cable box overnight didn't work. I think it's dead, Jim!

And of course, what does my brain do last night while I'm trying to rest? That's right! Phone dreams all night!

Stupid brain.

I dreamt I was at ReaperCon last night but couldn't find anyone or anything I was looking for.  But unlike most dreams like that I wasn't stressed about it because I knew all the awesome would be found eventually.  ::D: 

3 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Yeah. Me thinks USB now are the lepers of corporate IT. Hoards of pasty white wonks throwing stones and shouting 'unclean' at every poor device.

I mean, a lot of the nastiest ways to own a machine do use USB...  Better that they're at least trying to keep stuff secure.  But it does make me think that there's a product opportunity there.  

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Nothing to see here, move along, citizen.

*looks closer*

Hmmm....

:blues: What are you up to wolf? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

You can't prove nothin'

Hmm, must be you secretly conspiring with my hubby to build his minis then. :P

Aka, in short, yesterday he said he doesn't enjoy assembling minis...  So I assembled his Ebonwrath for him, and he's happy about that.  Today came the request for "can you assemble my Circle Orboros guys".

I've created a monster... A monster that will probably say yes to letting me get more paints simply because "oh, we don't have this or that shade", or "because they have gemstone paints" etc....  So not really a bad kind of monster...

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Ugh. There's stuff I should do, but I don't really want to do anything. I did all the need to do stuff, so I'm just gonna sit here and watch curling.

On 2/9/2018 at 11:33 AM, WhiteWulfe said:

I ha e this odd suspicion my mail carrier is going to think I'm weird... Over the next few weeks, I'll not only be ordering more stuff from me a per (yay dragons!) but also a metric ton of basing materials from various places...  Evilbay, Secret Weapon, Happy Seppuku, GSW, and probably one or two more... O_o

On the plus side, I'll have all the basing materials, and bases, that I'll need for quite a while... 

Oh, I guarantee you, there's weirder folks. Pity the folks working at the amazon warehouses!

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

GRENADIER???

Lol - nothing in the collection is that interesting...  Aside from a couple of the smaller RP and Grenadier dragons, there's not much that isn't just random mooks. I found the Ral Partha undead hunter and his three dogs. There are some of the mounted Ral Partha guys who came out of the blisters that had both mounted and unmounted versions of the figure and at least one of them, the Witch King, has both figures, but so far I've only seen the horses for the others. There's a bunch of stuff from smaller Grenadier boxes - it's theoretically possible I might find a complete box of dwarves or fighters, and I've discovered about half of the Monsters of Mythology set. There are a pair of 54mm modern military types but they've only got two arms between them, one of the really old big lead monsters is missing some wings, and the old hydra is missing the larger chunk of its heads... :down:

3 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Of course, now that I know they have this collection, I may just have to fight 'Jack for some of these figs.....

From what they told me, somebody brought these in to sell on consignment - it's two sets of small storage drawers like you'd use in the garage for holding screws or nails - the larger one is red metal and the smaller one is black plastic. There's also the box from the Grenadier Monsters of Mythology set which is full of random people, and they've got the rest of them on the counter in the small wooden display case by the snacks.

I'm heading back to the store to take some more (and some better) pictures, so I should have a complete visual record of the collection to work with at home. I need to hurry up and check the pics I took yesterday to see if they're usable for ID purposes, and then haul elf over to the store and finish snapping the rest of them. Then I can get down to the serious research - it's kinda rough having my database and my research subject in two different locations.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 9

5 hours ago, Crowley said:

:wub: :wub: :wub: That's fantastic!!

And I think you proved that you can, in fact, cook! ::P:

Though I now need to figure out what to make for lunch & dinner tonight, and then make it... 

My cousin swears that the whole reason I married Grump was so I never have to cook.

Having cooked for a group for the first time, I have to say it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

And felt more rewarding than I expected.

I think I have spent my life telling myself I couldn't cook, mostly as an excuse NOT to cook.

*GRUMP* Pretty sure that was one of the reasons. ::P:

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 5
  • Haha 8

I got a request from Megan to clean up her post.... And then I will reply to it.

Greater trust knows no woman than to give her husband her forum passwords....

The Auld Grump

• Like 3
  • Haha 10