Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

 

HEY NOW!!!

We were only involved because some big coffee guzzling lout barbarian got all upset about something or other...

 

Wolves' faults indeed.

Humph!

 

Hey, the barbarian wields an axe. At least one of you canines is rather proud of all the sparkle. And I wouldn't be surprised if the other started to roll around in it. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

Well I thought I had a chair all picked out. And then Office Depot has to email me telling me they're doing a sale on select furniture of up to 50% off. So now I'm looking at their stuff. I really should be painting.

 

Beware of bonded leather chairs.  I have one of the nicer ones from Staples (La-Z-Boy) and after a few years heavy use the covering has begun to crack.  It still has great cushioning, though.  I can sit in it for most of the day, and, so long as I get up every so often, I don't get stiff and sore.

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Serenity said:

 

Beware of bonded leather chairs.  I have one of the nicer ones from Staples (La-Z-Boy) and after a few years heavy use the covering has begun to crack.  It still has great cushioning, though.  I can sit in it for most of the day, and, so long as I get up every so often, I don't get stiff and sore.

 

 

Thanks for that, one of them I was looking at was bonded leather. I'm not going to pay $100 if it's going to potentially start cracking. I definitely need something though, all we have are folding chairs which get very uncomfortable after about 20 minutes and down right painful when I have to get up.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Serenity said:

 

Beware of bonded leather chairs.  I have one of the nicer ones from Staples (La-Z-Boy) and after a few years heavy use the covering has begun to crack.  It still has great cushioning, though.  I can sit in it for most of the day, and, so long as I get up every so often, I don't get stiff and sore.

 

You might want to consider trying a leather treatment product.

Many available, from those designed for saddles to formulations specifically for fine furniture.

As the leather dries out it looses essential oils that work to keep it supple.  When it looses suppleness it is more prone to cracking, then splitting.

It's even more of a problem with bonded leather as the leather portion dries out and the effects of the bonding agents take over.

GEM

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, the last thing I posted here was that we were safe and sound back from the sci fi convention. Which was essentially true.

 

Let me start by saying I’m fine and home resting now.

 

But the reason I’ve been offline the last couple of days is because Sunday night I had a bit of a scary fainting spell exacerbated by a conflation of circumstances and minor medical issues, some unsuspected, which led to Pingo taking her first ambulance ride, woo!

 

Not that I remember much of it. :unsure:

 

Anyhow, it looked like it could have been cardiac, but it wasn’t.  And apparently I need more iron. And water. And salt. And a few antibiotics. And a wee bit of physical therapy.  But aside from that, doing pretty okay.

 

I missed you guys.

  • Like 12
  • Sad 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Pingo said:

So, the last thing I posted here was that we were safe and sound back from the sci fi convention. Which was essentially true.

 

Let me start by saying I’m fine and home resting now.

 

But the reason I’ve been offline the last couple of days is because Sunday night I had a bit of a scary fainting spell exacerbated by a conflation of circumstances and minor medical issues, some unsuspected, which led to Pingo taking her first ambulance ride, woo!

 

Not that I remember much of it. :unsure:

 

Anyhow, it looked like it could have been cardiac, but it wasn’t.  And apparently I need more iron. And water. And salt. And a few antibiotics. And a wee bit of physical therapy.  But aside from that, doing pretty okay.

 

I missed you guys.

 

Stay well @Pingo! I need all the paint-moms safe and sound! *sends hugs*

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marvin said:

Ouch, mang.

 

6CA62C09-B948-4AB7-8040-A46D4BB70DAF.thumb.png.2b9d9bf72ebdb9a18fa847654399a3e4.png

 

Pushing a stricter definition of hypertension that would give almost 50% of the US population the diagnosis of Hypertension. <_<

The expansion of the definition states they recommend lifestyle changes for people with blood pressures above 130/90 and medications above 140/100. (Either number above that level)

 

Even though there isn't much evidence on the dangers of diastolic hypertension (The lower number). 

 

I will have to go back and review the base evidence for the lower recommendations, especially in older patients. And see about the absolute risk reduction. 

 

But I'll admit, I'm a little bit skeptical of anything that might put more than half the population on medications. 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

 

Pushing a stricter definition of hypertension that would give almost 50% of the US population the diagnosis of Hypertension. <_<

The expansion of the definition states they recommend lifestyle changes for people with blood pressures above 130/90 and medications above 140/100. (Either number above that level)

 

Even though there isn't much evidence on the dangers of diastolic hypertension (The lower number). 

 

I will have to go back and review the base evidence for the lower recommendations, especially in older patients. And see about the absolute risk reduction. 

 

But I'll admit, I'm a little bit skeptical of anything that might put more than half the population on medications. 

 

Yeah, and it's not really the ideal indicator of fitness.  I mean, my blood pressure is usually pretty darned low.  Even with the new metric I don't have high blood pressure.  I am still definitely overweight by more than a little and really need to address my fitness.  But my blood pressure is FINE.  

 

Flip side, my dad's been on blood pressure meds for a long while.  Now he's in his 80s and his doctor wanted to bring his blood pressure down a bit but increasing the meds made him dizzy.  Elderly people are at high risk of injury and complication from falls, so WTF?  What was high blood pressure doing to him that's worse than a man with osteoporosis and post polio syndrome getting dizzy and risking falls??    :rolleyes:  

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
10 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

FIFY. ::D:

 

But probably not. I am guessing our former overlord would like to keep the treasure. 

Nah, I want him to keep his treasure. Though now I need to paint him his own *BONK!*

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

The Big Kaiju is leaving. ::(:::(:::(:

Wait, what?

 

>runs off to check what's going on<

 

nooooooooo-5a0b73.jpg.d8db96d43d49ef8329a582bece03a035.jpg

 

 

I wish you the best of luck, @Reaperbryan; please don't be a stranger.

 

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

 

Just listed out all the deaths in my Stonehell dungeon campaign...

Over 52 sessions there have been 78 deaths, mostly men at arms. 10 have been leveled characters. 

That's pretty brutal.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Success!

 

I only need the (warped, aged, overheated, cracked) laptop to last another month. That's when I expect I'll have the desktop parts so I can build the replacement.

 

So of course the laptop froze and failed today. As I am here, I have obviously brought it back. For now... :ph34r:

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

 

I guess I should...  I hate to bother someone so awesome, but the tutorial is also awesome and it would be a shame to lose it.  

 

Bryan, I wish you much health and happiness with your new job and I'm glad to hear we'll still be able to find you at ReaperCon!  

have you met her? Corporea is such a lovely person, I half think she would be sad if you didn't tell her. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aryanun said:

@Reaperbryan

 

Umm... can I have your job now? :unsure: :;):

 

Too soon? 

 

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

 

FIFY. ::D:

 

But probably not. I am guessing our former overlord would like to keep the treasure. 

I believe I was first to call dibs on his lands and title. @Reaperbryan would have wanted it that way.......

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...