Jump to content

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Humansquish said:

I've not had a pie that I've liked. It's the texture I can't stand.

 

 Those should be considered a war crime.

 

Pies don't have a uniform texture. All that is required is a lower crust and baking. Thus pizza is a pie, as is quiche. 

 

And oatmeal raisin cookies are just so sad. Mostly because the raisins are wretched teases. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

 

Pies don't have a uniform texture. All that is required is a lower crust and baking. Thus pizza is a pie, as is quiche. 

 

And oatmeal raisin cookies are just so sad. Mostly because the raisins are wretched teases. 

But Oatmeal Grape cookies are just so difficult  to cook properly.

GEM

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Green Eyed Monster said:

But Oatmeal Grape cookies are just so difficult  to cook properly.

GEM

 

Raisins are grapes that failed at life. They didn't even succeed at being a succulent snack. They most certainly didn't succeed at becoming wine. They're the husks of the lowest tier of grapedom. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

 

Raisins are grapes that failed at life. They didn't even succeed at being a succulent snack. They most certainly didn't succeed at becoming wine. They're the husks of the lowest tier of grapedom. 

Don't say that too loud around Selma, California.

Raisin Grape Capital of the World.

And yes, they do grow tons and tons of grapes just so they can make raisins out of them.

To each his own.  But for me Oatmeal Raisin Cookies rate at least a Nom - as long as they are thick and chewy.

GEM

Whose cookie baking fingers are starting to get twitchy with all the talk of Nom-Noms.

11 minutes ago, ShadowRaven said:

sure that was the Wright pun? It left me feeling a little Blue....

I thought it was swell and will be following the wave until it looses its curl.

GEM

  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Don't say that too loud around Selma, California.

Raisin Grape Capital of the World.

And yes, they do grow tons and tons of grapes just so they can make raisins out of them.

To each his own.  But for me Oatmeal Raisin Cookies rate at least a Nom - as long as they are thick and chewy.

GEM

Whose cookie baking fingers are starting to get twitchy with all the talk of Nom-Noms.

I thought it was swell and will be following the wave until it looses its curl.

GEM

 

The oatmeal part of the cookie I thoroughly enjoy. Just not the raisin part. If the oatmeal cookie gets something added, it is either dark chocolate or butterscotch chips. 

 

Raisins.... are begrudgingly good in salads. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

 

The oatmeal part of the cookie I thoroughly enjoy. Just not the raisin part. If the oatmeal cookie gets something added, it is either dark chocolate or butterscotch chips. 

 

Raisins.... are begrudgingly good in salads. 

Aaannd....

I'm not a big fan of butterscotch chips.

Different  tastes for different palates.

 

gem

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Aaannd....

I'm not a big fan of butterscotch chips.

Different  tastes for different palates.

 

gem

 

In all honesty, I don't tend to like them either. They just seemed to go alright with oatmeal. It is the only thing I've used them in, and it is a coin flip between that and the chocolate. Butterscotch chips are weird. What bothers me is the icky ingredients typically. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Okay, I confess that I don't like many of these things. Raisins do not belong in cookies; they are liars and deceivers tricking people into thinking of chocolate.

Were you the one I offered a batch of chocolate chip cookies with a single raisin thrown into the mix?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...