Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

9 minutes ago, pcktlnt said:

Were you the one I offered a batch of chocolate chip cookies with a single raisin thrown into the mix?

Bad platypus!!

• Haha 10

16 minutes ago, pcktlnt said:

Were you the one I offered a batch of chocolate chip cookies with a single raisin thrown into the mix?

Note to Self:

Beware of Plattipi bearing cookis.

GEM

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Late whiskey and a surprise: Think I'm close on the halfling poem. It's surprisingly nautical in theme: Our OG party's halfling was a sailor by trade who carried a harpoon ad his primary weapon. Them was the days.

The player has grown up to be a marine biologist, of course. Everything makes sense given enough time.

I get this one and I could about quit the D&D poems. Maybe 5-10 more I'd like to get out, but I'd have most everything truly necessary for my baseline satisfaction.

They most all kinda suck tho.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Aryanun said:

oatmeal raisin cookies...

Chocolate chip oatmeal raisin cookie. Mmm!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

Anyone ever just have an off night when painting?  Where you just can't make the brush or the paint do what you want it to?

I had one of those nights tonight. I painted for about an hour and it was just a mess!

I've had times when I couldn't manage to paint the floor if I dumped a bottle of paint on it and swirled it around with my foot.

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

I'd have to stand up to lie down in the gutter, a wise man once said.

No, that was Knarthex that said that...  ::D:

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

Either my tablet just hickupped, the internet stuttered, or Marvin has had more to drink than he thinks because I'm seeing double Marvins.  -  -  -  Posts from Marvin that is.

GEM

• Like 3

I only see the one--or the two split by two others' posts--but in the case of scenario three my observations clearly are questionable.

• Like 2

I just checked the whereabouts of my wayward package, which has been in SoCal since Saturday, and FedHex hs handed it off to the Post Awful.  With luck,  a tail wind, and no negative planetary influences my package might actually arrive tomorrow.

Heartburn and the Bones Chuthullu will be getting a new shelfmate.::):

GEM

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Pingo said:

Ah.  My daughter has a Youtube channel, “Overly Sarcastic Productions” and Overly Sarcastic Productions has a t-shirt store on threadless.com and on that webstore are available many fine t-shirts she has designed and one of them (in that selfie) is officially titled “Thor and Jormungand” but is unofficially referred to in our family as “augh! catch and release! catch and release!”

That was perhaps too many levels of in-joke.

(But the t-shirts are really cool, she said in a shameless nepotistic plug.)

Don't worry, I got it right away. Although the catch and release story isn't actually part of the Ragnarok story like a lot of people tend to associate it with. It was just a mythic level "the one that got away" story.

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I only see the one--or the two split by two others' posts--but in the case of scenario three my observations clearly are questionable.

I think my tablet has double vision.

It put up two copies of the "Late whiskey" post with a post from Pcktlnt between the two.

GEM

• Like 2

Feeling the slow stuff tonight...

When I was in the banana farm my senior year of high school, there was a guy in there with me who'd had his girlfriend die in his arms of a crack overdose, and the song "Please Dear" by Faster Pussycat always reminded of him...

One of my poems, "Wish You Were here" was inspired by that incident.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Sad 4

Yeesh. It's 4 am... Why am I not sleeping? :wacko: And now I'll have to go eat something before I can go to bed since it's been about seven hours since dinner and if I don't eat something it'll mess up my stomach all day tomorrow....

I'm getting orf me arf and going the hell to bed. Right after I punch myself in the head for staying up so late when I have things to do tomorrow.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 4
  • Sad 3

11 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

Yeah, and it's not really the ideal indicator of fitness.  I mean, my blood pressure is usually pretty darned low.  Even with the new metric I don't have high blood pressure.  I am still definitely overweight by more than a little and really need to address my fitness.  But my blood pressure is FINE.  

That's me too. Super unhealthy, rather chubby, but my blood pressure is always around 120/80.

7 hours ago, Humansquish said:

Fruit was not meant to be cooked.

Tomato.

4 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Raisins are grapes that failed at life. They didn't even succeed at being a succulent snack. They most certainly didn't succeed at becoming wine. They're the husks of the lowest tier of grapedom. 

Hey now, it depends on the raisins. Those tiny boxes the evil health minded people passed out for Halloween that always had a dry, nearly crunchy raisins are awful. But moist raisins are delightful. Concentrated grape goodness.

• Like 11