Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

13 minutes ago, Beagle said:

We should hook up and head to Vegas for a week and get well and truly ******** by anything and everything.

I'll dust off the passport

Ooh!

I'm gonna need a note from my doctor. :B): My body may not be able to take so much ********. Especially if the Blue Man group gets involved.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 7

23 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Nobody actually likes Necco Wafers...  We eat them out of a mix of nostalgia and Stockholm syndrome - During our childhoods, they were pretty much the cheapest available candy you could find and one of the main components of the giant bags of assorted candy that people bought to hand out at Halloween, which is the only time most people ever ate them unless you were dirt poor and/or couldn't harrass your parents into buying the good stuff.

Ive actually found that I quite like them. :lol: 

but they are a hertiage candy. Eaten more for nostalgia and desperation (because there are no other sweets available) then out of true want. ::D: 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Ooh!

I'm gonna need a note from my doctor. :B): My body may not be able to take so much ********. Especially if the Blue Man group gets involved.

I don't mind taking on all the ********* if you look after the slot machines. ^_^

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Ooh!

I'm gonna need a note from my doctor. :B): My body may not be able to take so much ********.

But what a fun way to go!!!

———

I don’t feel like my life went off the rails. I do look back and think about spots my life could have changed course. But more as a curiosity. I can see my persistent optimism and stubbornness kept me chugging along on the rails where it could have been disastrous. 

However, I do identify with:

I run and do run to catch up with the sun but it’s sinking.

racing around to come up behind you again. 

The sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, shorter of breathe and one day closer to death. 

So now I feel it’s time to stop running, and time to grab a lawn chair, put some sunglasses on, and have some friends over to have some bbq and enjoy the sunlight while it lasts. 

And even if other peoples pled lives aren’t on the path they would like to be on, keep Swimming. The only real failure is if you stop trying. 

But don’t forget to stop and enjoy the journey from time to time. 

One can not lives one life waiting until they reach the peak on the mountain of life... one much enjoy the hike up, because it’s the sides of the mountain where things grow.

• Like 10

And so Zack Snyder is taken off of the DC universe, and put in charge of a franchise that better fits his aesthetic choices.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Tragic follows the starvling ponies as they struggle across the war shattered hellscape of Equestria - only revealing in the final moments that the entire episode is a psychotic break, as Pinky Pie is given a frontal lobotomy.

*EDIT* The Worst Internet in the WorldTM strikes again.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4

The trailing remains of last night's bacon - not much, I assure you - has been applied to todays potato-leek soup.

The grease was used to saute everything that wasn't potatoes.

This seems like a good plan, because ... man, it is POURING out. Every time I look out the window, I half expect to get flashed by a mermaid. o.O

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

My life went very spectacularly and finally off the rails in early April 2016. Turns out I wasn't on a train in the first place though, but some kind of futuristic anti-gravity hovercraft thingie. Don't miss the rails one bit, even if I'm not quite sure how to fly this thing and have no clue where it's going. ::):

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

I jumped off the train in 2008? Or so. It went runaway and derailed in 2006. Managed to get the wheels back on a track in 2007 but that track eventually led right into a tire fire.

So I jumped. Any landing you can walk away from is a good one, right? I hitchhiked for a few miles then gave up and started walking. Been walking since 2010. A lot of weeds out here.

There's a station up ahead. There's a train sitting on the tracks, the prices look good, and I don't smell any burning rubber in the distance. Gonna see where this train goes.

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

I've neglected a few stations, visited some I didn't expect.

All in all I'm still travelling, not ready to reach the last station yet.

• Like 9

There was a train? Rails?

... I thought this was a trail ride, and my horse ran off with me. Seen some interesting stuff on the way, though. Fallen off once or twice, managed to get back on.

• Like 13

Maybe eating wasn't such a good idea at this point. Gotta make it about 10 more hours, and now that I've got pulled pork in me I'm really starting to feel the pain. Gotta keep it going. Keep it going full steam...

• Sad 4

Snow go bye bye. A bit over a week ago it was -25 and we had 4-5 inches of snow. Last Sunday me and the boys built a snow fort on our front lawn. Thursday was +17 and it's been about +8 every day since. The only snow left is the remains of our fort and some deeper drifts in shady spots. The grass in town is green again. Wierd weather but much nicer than -25.

So I got some painting in today. Really wanted to try out my new Vallejo translucent paints on some of the translucent Bones minis. I have none of the green ghosts here :unsure:. Must all be at the farm. I'll look for them tomorrow. So I grabbed the medium fire elemental I painted years ago. Never was satisfied with her. Slapped on some yellow, orange, red and smoke(I though it would be blackish but it's a dark brown). Still not 100% happy but she looks much better now. Started doing the female wraith (I think) with no face from Bones 3. It'll be awhile before I know if my plans with her will work out because she wasn't translucent to begin with. Hoping to get an ethereal effect. Also doing the purple ghost from Bones 2. I don't have a purple transparent paint so I went with dark blue. Original intention was to use it as the deep shade. Went a little off track somewhere and instead of light purple I now have a 1/2 purple (waist up), 1/2 dark blue (waist down) translucent figure. :blink: Thinking I may just go with it but I had a WTF moment when I realised what I'd done. It's not shading it's a total colour change.

The Vallejo transparents are interesting. They are not washes/inks. They are the same consistency roughly as MSP out of the bottle. They cover really thinly and I can get some decent shading and blending going with them. Work a lot like a glaze but not watery. One thing I'm experimenting with is dry brushing with them. Haven't done much but liked how the light wood stain shade drybrushed over a medium brown on a sheild. So far I'm happy with the new paints but it's going to take a lot more experimenting before I'm sure what I can do with them. 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, FaekiasDracon said:

The Museum of the Moving Image in NYC has recently opened their Jim Henson exhibit, which includes one of the first generation Kermits, Rowlf the dog, a skexis, the head armatures from the main characters from The Dark Crystal, and the Jareth costume from Labyrinth. I kinda wish that Reapercon could be in New York next year so the forum family could go see it together. 

I saw this when it was in Seattle over the summer. It was a great exhibit and recommend it to anyone who can go.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1