Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

15 hours ago, OneBoot said:

It's winter, and it's cold both outside and in the apartment.

I'm currently eating ice cream and occasionally shivering, but have neither stopped eating ice cream, nor put on my warm fuzzy robe.

Because I have a Wisdom score of 16.:rolleyes:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

15 hours ago, Aryanun said:

Could be worse... your Wisdom score could be 19.

13 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

And I wasn’t going to mention it, because then, it most definitely would be a THING. :lol: 

@Mad Jack - told me that I now have Mad Jack Disease. :lol: 

I guess that is a thing as well. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Froggy the Great said:

DAM IT!!

Hide contents

History_Kaiser_Builds_Hoover_Dam_and_War

Watch your language!

Darn It!

darning_diagonal.jpg

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 8
  • Haha 8
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh man. So I haven’t been able to be around much the past couple of weeks. That’s because I have been busting my elf to tackle the tremendous work backlog that I had piled up in folder after folder af

I'm going to miss "Reaperbryan", but I'm really happy for my friend Bryan.   10/10 would let fire me out of an airlock again.

So, the last thing I posted here was that we were safe and sound back from the sci fi convention. Which was essentially true.   Let me start by saying I’m fine and home resting now.  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

So... you're saying that "manly men doing manly things" had it right and dinosaurs really were giant fancy chickens. 

:lol: I was thinking the same thing! I love that webcomic a great deal, and the fluffball veloceraptors are super adorable! :wub:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Keianna said:

This. So much this. 

I got the promotion I applied for. It comes with more work and more responsibility and more accountability...

And doesn't come with a raise :blink: :angry::zombie:

Wow!  welcome to my world.  a month ago I was an engineer with support groups.  Now I'm a manager with 6 direct reports 4 indirect reports and a 2 mil budget cut. 

And apparently more changes to come.

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

Oh wow, Guindyloo, that’s a big change.

I hope it works out for you. You’ve been a force for stability and kindness on the forums. I like to think your life will be full of stability and kindness as well.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Tripleh5133 said:

@Guindyloo, not sure if I should be sad or happy for you. Its going to be a big day with lots of ups & downs.

You should be happy for me!

I'm going back to working for the company that has been trying to get my company to release me for the past 6 months. Full disclosure, my uncle is one of the owners of that company, but it should be noted that I previously only worked there for a couple of months before this because he didn't have anything for me and wasn't going to create a position just to give his niece a job. He and his business partners want me there because they saw the blood, sweat and tears that I poured into this job (their company are in a joint venture with my soon to be ex-company, so I worked with them on a daily basis) and wanted me to work for them. It's a big step up so while some parts of it are bittersweet for sure, it's a happy move for sure.

• Like 22

Here I go to do some adulting. I don’t wanna but need stuff I forgot yesterday and the melatonin that turned into Claritin. I got dressed, put on makeup, and made my hair stop sticking out everywhere. Worst of all is that I will have to go into the much dreaded Mall. And after I’m done with all that- time to pay the bills.

Coffe first tho.

• Like 8
10 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

I'm going back to working for the company that has been trying to get my company to release me for the past 6 months. Full disclosure, my uncle is one of the owners of that company, but it should be noted that I previously only worked there for a couple of months before this because he didn't have anything for me and wasn't going to create a position just to give his niece a job. He and his business partners want me there because they saw the blood, sweat and tears that I poured into this job (their company are in a joint venture with my soon to be ex-company, so I worked with them on a daily basis) and wanted me to work for them. It's a big step up so while some parts of it are bittersweet for sure, it's a happy move for sure.

If your happy, that's all that really matters. Hope you really enjoy your new endeavors.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

Then I am happy for you. Congratulations and good luck!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, Flit said:

Here I go to do some adulting. I don’t wanna but need stuff I forgot yesterday and the melatonin that turned into Claritin. I got dressed, put on makeup, and made my hair stop sticking out everywhere. Worst of all is that I will have to go into the much dreaded Mall. And after I’m done with all that- time to pay the bills.

Coffe first tho.

QFT!!

Congrats @Guindyloo!!! That's awesome!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1