Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

Froggy the Great

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Your sig is down because of the new Photobucket policy ( which S#$$)

You might want to just upload a pic from your PC in your signature.

Go to your Account settings, to signature and remove the old one and just copy paste one from the PC.

I'll do that when I get to it. I knew of change on Photobucket as I play around on another site that used it extensively so I had to find a new one

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Clearman said:

Unsolved mysteries of the Universe:

1)  Socks that disappear in the laundry

2)  Mold lines that appear after you've started painting.

/sigh

Pretty sure my Aussie is responsible for the former. <_<

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Also, what if anything can the Canadians out there tell me about Janyse Jaud?

Huh.  I'm somewhat surprised that I'd never heard of her, despite her being not that much older than me and from my home province.  The internet informs me she's done some cool stuff and has a nice voice.  What are you trying to find out?

• Like 4

8 hours ago, OneBoot said:

I just finished deleting the last mobile game from my smartphone. :bday:

I had the sudden epiphany yesterday that not only were none of them especially fun, but they also were actively reducing my quality of life. I've noticed various parts of my upper body (hands, arms, shoulders, neck) have been getting fatigued and/or sore more readily since I got my smartphone a couple of years ago. Also, my eyestrain has gradually increased, and the occasional dry eyes spell has become more common. Add to all that the fact that the entire point of these things is to waste my time with busywork while slyly trying to separate me from my money.... 

Yeah, no. I'm done. I'm just sorry it took me this long to realize that I'd become addicted to this electronic junk food. I'm looking forward to seeing my general well-being and productivity improve over the next several weeks! ::D:

Please note that I'm in no way trying to knock anyone else's enjoyment of mobile games! It's just so easy for me to get addicted to similar electronic entertainments that it's best for me to just stay away from such things entirely and remind myself of how awful they are for me, because otherwise I'll just want to go right back to them. :) 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Might I offer the thought of putting a good Book Reader and a selection of things to read on your phone?

They will occupy snippets of time without being as much of a complete frittering away of the time spent.

GEM

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Zink said:

Turns out I was right about the bacon clothing. Only took a couple minutes of clicking on random youtube videos for it to pop up again. Yeah, I'm kinda bored right now but don't feel like getting up.

20171218172310_94935.jpg

But does it have that Real Bacon Smell?

And if it does, how long before it goes rancid?

GEM

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Clearman said:

Unsolved mysteries of the Universe:

1)  Socks that disappear in the laundry

2)  Mold lines that appear after you've started painting.

/sigh

The reason is:

Quantum

**Sees that Arch Chancellors face is already starting to turn a brighter shade of red so quickly ducks down and creeps off**

GEM

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Zink said:

Turns out I was right about the bacon clothing. Only took a couple minutes of clicking on random youtube videos for it to pop up again. Yeah, I'm kinda bored right now but don't feel like getting up.

20171218172310_94935.jpg

Clothing not to get a lion tamer for Christmas....

Unconnected, but Tilley Hats once had an advertisement of 'Buy the Hat the Elephant broccoli' ( <-betcha the censor bot cleans it up, even though it has already been cleaned up, sorta). *EDIT* Link to the Tilley page on the Book of Faces.

A Tilley hat was worn by an elephant keeper - and one of his charges... ate it.

After the elephant passed it, he pulled it out, washed it, and went back to wearing it.

Three times.

Tilley offered to buy it from him, but he refused their offer....

The Auld Grump - the kids brought me a cold on Tuesday... how thoughtful of them....

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

Huh.  I'm somewhat surprised that I'd never heard of her, despite her being not that much older than me and from my home province.  The internet informs me she's done some cool stuff and has a nice voice.  What are you trying to find out?

Lol nothing, really. Just seen her a bit all of a sudden here lately.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Might I offer the thought of putting a good Book Reader and a selection of things to read on your phone?

They will occupy snippets of time without being as much of a complete frittering away of the time spent.

GEM

I already subscribe to Audible, and part of the problem is that I'd listen to a book while frittering away with the mobile games. So, a positive feedback loop. I think I will instead work on crocheting or cross-stitch or painting while listening, since that will result in a net positive (in that I am creating a thing). ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, Marvin said:

Also, what if anything can the Canadians out there tell me about Janyse Jaud?

I'd never heard of her until you mentioned her. I looked at her wikipedia page and I think I've seen a small handful of stuff she was in. So no help from me.

8 hours ago, eldamir said:

I feel your pain.. sitting 125miles from home watching a hockey game..  and the roads aren't getting any better out there..

I was a bit worried about roads but they turned out to be decent. The only thing is that I didn't buy winter tires for the mini van I bought this fall. In the city going up a medium steep hill I had to stop for a red light and almost couldn't get going again. It was -31 C there when we left. A balmy -24 here on the border at home.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

I wonder if anyone has ever thought to make a magnetized paint rack...

Back in the days of glass bottles with steel lids such items were available.

Back then the available small magnets weren't as powerful as what are commonly available today, so the racks had mixed success.

With plastics being universally used for modern packaging it would require gluing a piece of steel or a magnet to each bottle before it could be racked in this fashion. 

GEM

• Like 4