Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

I just realized that this thread promises cognitive dissonance while I wait. What if I don’t want to wait for my cognitive dissonance? Is there a thread for instant cognitive dissonance?

Maybe it’s time for me to consider getting some sleep.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh man. So I haven’t been able to be around much the past couple of weeks. That’s because I have been busting my elf to tackle the tremendous work backlog that I had piled up in folder after folder af

I'm going to miss "Reaperbryan", but I'm really happy for my friend Bryan.   10/10 would let fire me out of an airlock again.

So, the last thing I posted here was that we were safe and sound back from the sci fi convention. Which was essentially true.   Let me start by saying I’m fine and home resting now.  

Posted Images

Long early day at work. Went to campus to prep for this week's labs. Got scary phone call from friend in need of comforting. Went home. Dinner with Sir Cyr's parents. One of my best friends arrived with her BF from Arizona, and is staying with me - need to be somewhat social. Must finish a homework assignment for class tomorrow. 

*deep breath*

*more tea*

*procrastinates a bit more on forums*

• Like 11
3 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I step away for one day to see a movie and I come back to find another randomness thread murdered. You foul cads!

At least we gave it a proper send-off. ::D:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 9
9 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I step away for one day to see a movie and I come back to find another randomness thread murdered. You foul cads!

I didn't do it!

It wasn't me!  [Well, maybe I helped - a little.]

I wasn't there!

I have an alibi!

I was eating Lasagna!

I have witnesses!

GEM

Edit:

What is the difference between a regular CAD and a Foul CAD?

Is it a different program version?

One corrupted by a virus?

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
Semi-random additional thought
  • Like 4
  • Haha 6
14 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

I mostly watched it burn.

Also that apple cider did not ferment into apple jack. It fermented into... something else. [burps] Gonna need more acid to keep this from getting out of hand.

Did you add the appropriate yeast?  Tends to reduce ambiguity about possible results. 

<sigh>  I miss having a brewing area. 

• Like 10
22 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

Did you add the appropriate yeast?  Tends to reduce ambiguity about possible results. 

<sigh>  I miss having a brewing area. 

No, I did that other thing where I found the half-empty jug in the back of the fridge after a month and drank it. Because I totally took Microbio last year and came away with entirely the wrong lessons ::P:

I have a stomach, it's full of acid, the jug isn't visibly fuzzy, I can handle this.

• Like 6
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1
2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Kinda want a weight bench. But I don't even lift, bro.

Body weights! Find a chair and do some dips. Raise the soup cans over your head. SQUATS. 

Hakuna masquata: it means "nice booty". 

• Like 10

I don't know why the hot climate areas aren't nude all the time. Bath in some sunscreen and call it good. Maybe put on mesh to avoid bug bites. The Arizona folks are brave for wearing clothes. 

I am not a fan of being roasted alive. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 6