Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Another source of foam is upholstery foam from places like JoAnnes FAbric and the like.  Any fabric store should have some.  Available in multiple thicknesses and can be cut with a hot cutter or knife. 

Funny you should mention that, today I checked out the fabric store that's literally right across the street from the game store. They only had 3" and 4" foam right now, but it's been giving me some ideas.

• Like 6
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So @Jasonator your suggestion for the turkey was bang on--everyone loved it and it was just citrusy enough.  I lined the roasting pan with sliced oranges and stuffed with some diced oranges, thyme, garlic.  Rubbed a little olive oil on it, seasoned with salt and pepper, poured a quarter cup of brandy in as well.  Someone else brought colcannon, there was Irish soda bread, Guinness and mead.  

Best part was the party didn't all die!  Which is pretty good considering we were all really injured and dealing with a black dragon.  (The dragon flew away, we got the treasure it was locked up with anyway.)  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

So I tried to end my marriage tonight, really tried, and I failed, and I'm unsure if this is good or bad, and I've plugged in a clock-radio and now am lying in bed listening to hip-hop remixes on a radio station out of tiny Minor Hill, Tennessee, of all places, and what is this world even or why.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
9 hours ago, Weird-O said:

If you can find a good source for foam, get some of those corrugated cardboard boxes they sell for trading card games. A 5,000 card box has a vast amount of room in it once you pull out the inserts and put some flan in it, and it won't be more than a few dollars.

Foam, but I'm leaving that autocorrect in, it's funny.

I'm seeing a mental image of a cardboard box full of minis dripping a syrup that is the same color as pancake syrup but thinner out of every corner.

GEM

8 hours ago, Marvin said:

Update: 28mm size M figures sat too loosely in my pistol's case. Alas. But still a pretty nifty idea. Guess if I had a smaller case? I ain't know.

Where does one get that black foam? I've jury-rigged a couple cases, but I've never had anything but old leftover foam from other stuff to use, and it's not ideal. If I could cut/unroll to suit I guess I'd be in pretty good shape with pretty much any old box.

You can buy all sorts of foam off of evilbay or do a web search for foam retailers.

Also, check with your friendly neighborhood upholster shops.

GEM

Who has seconds of the same foam used in recording studios lining the walls of his office/cave.

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
Fumble fingers
  • Like 7
6 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

So @Jasonator your suggestion for the turkey was bang on--everyone loved it and it was just citrusy enough.  I lined the roasting pan with sliced oranges and stuffed with some diced oranges, thyme, garlic.  Rubbed a little olive oil on it, seasoned with salt and pepper, poured a quarter cup of brandy in as well.  Someone else brought colcannon, there was Irish soda bread, Guinness and mead.  

Best part was the party didn't all die!  Which is pretty good considering we were all really injured and dealing with a black dragon.  (The dragon flew away, we got the treasure it was locked up with anyway.)  

Thank You !!!

There is nothing like having a meal that just "fits in with its needs".  Thank you so much for trying my madness.

Years ago I worked in a Bakery/Restaurant.  Always remembered the simpler you made somethingl

the better it was .. Especially when it came to Poultry !!!

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Weekend is too short!

I can already see Monday peeking around the corner.

*** Throws a brick at said corner, Go Away!***

My weekend has another seven days to it ^_^

Been looking forward to this week off for a while now! 

• Like 7

I haven't had a solid night's sleep in over a week now. I keep waking up in the middle of the night, and then again usually anywhere from 30-60 minutes before the alarm goes off. 

I guess that's what coffee is for. 

On the upside, my Wednesday game is canceled for this week but the DM is gonna run us today to make up for it...

Oh, and here's the stew and soda bread I made yesterday!

IMG_20180317_184553.jpg

• Like 12
20 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Anyone have an idea where to get cheap miniatures carrying cases? Been looking at ones for 40k, and all the options bloody expensive.

SABOL
ARMY
TRANSPORTS

spend the money @Pezler the Polychromatic

worth every penny...

I have 3 company cases and a division case.....

my Iron Warriors are inn 1

my Flames of war Germans in another

The division case has my FoW Americans...

the other is for travelling to Texas in the fall...

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 9
1 hour ago, Crowley said:

I haven't had a solid night's sleep in over a week now. I keep waking up in the middle of the night, and then again usually anywhere from 30-60 minutes before the alarm goes off. 

I guess that's what coffee is for. 

welcome to my life for the past 3 or so weeks..  

Too bad I don't drink coffee.. :(

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
21 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Anyone have an idea where to get cheap miniatures carrying cases? Been looking at ones for 40k, and all the options bloody expensive.

We use pistol cases that Grump gets cheap at Walmart.

They hold a LOT of figures.

17 hours ago, Marvin said:

Update: 28mm size M figures sat too loosely in my pistol's case. Alas. But still a pretty nifty idea. Guess if I had a smaller case? I ain't know.

Where does one get that black foam? I've jury-rigged a couple cases, but I've never had anything but old leftover foam from other stuff to use, and it's not ideal. If I could cut/unroll to suit I guess I'd be in pretty good shape with pretty much any old box.

Put them in in pairs, base to base, sitting in the little egg cup so that the peaks hold the models in place.

• Like 8
9 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

We did a boiled corned beef dinner for the game.

Not as happy a game as it might of been, in spite of the beer.

Two of our Saturday players work at Toys R Us - and the local Toys R Us was one of the stores that actually makes a profit, but will be closing any way.

Some pissed off people - Toys R Us made some changes a few years ago that put them back in the black, but as soon as they were back in black they went back to doing what had put them in the red in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

We use pistol cases that Grump gets cheap at Walmart.

They hold a LOT of figures.

Put them in in pairs, base to base, sitting in the little egg cup so that the peaks hold the models in place.

No pistol cases in Walmart, since we really don't have pistols in Canada.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1