Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

No pistol cases in Walmart, since we really don't have pistols in Canada.

There are tons of pistols in Canada...  We just don't have the variety of things at Walmart that they do in the US ~_^  ...Which kind of precludes getting inexpensive pistol cases.

• Like 4
26 minutes ago, canuckotter said:

Boo!

Take my like as a scream of terror :lol:

Edit: ya know, the latest incarnation of the forums is laggy af and super glitchy. It's really annoying.

Edited by redambrosia
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Looking at a Sunday full of house work. Sprinklers, faucet, fish tank, pay bills. Huh. Very water oriented there.

Then, if I have free time, try to chop up a 3gb CSV file into chunks that Excel can open, using only the files and software corporate security allows me to use. Access has already failed me, as the files are too large for it to even link to. A 10kHz sample rate for four+ hours makes a rather large amount of data.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

No pistol cases in Walmart, since we really don't have pistols in Canada.

Can you order them through Walmart Dot Com?

You can in the States - $13, with free shipping for a case designed to hold four pistols - but will hold around a hundred minis.

471bbe41-7965-4ba1-9ce2-116c739947c7_1.4

The Auld Grump

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I want to thank everyone who was involved with the Box of Good Will.  I was was in my garage this morning when I remembered that I had a carry case with stuff I had gotten from the Boneyard at ReaperCons past. I was giving the contents a scan to see if there was stuff I might put into the BoGW  when I saw a mini I knew wasn't from the Boneyard but escaped identification in the moment. I looked at the bottom for the manufacturer, but it was too small, but there was a part number (in my writing) on the baggie it was in. I grabbed my magnifier and went to the computer to look it up in my mini spread sheet, suspecting it was what it turned out to be. It was one of my Thunderbolt Mountain elves that have been misplaced for some time.  I had no idea they were with my bitz. Now all I have to do is get them organized. Now just to figure out were I put the majority of my Dark Sword minis.

Thanks to the BoGW for helping me find my Tom Meier elves.

• Like 12
3 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

We did a boiled corned beef dinner for the game.

Not as happy a game as it might of been, in spite of the beer.

Two of our Saturday players work at Toys R Us - and the local Toys R Us was one of the stores that actually makes a profit, but will be closing any way.

Some pissed off people - Toys R Us made some changes a few years ago that put them back in the black, but as soon as they were back in black they went back to doing what had put them in the red in the first place.

Matt and Eric - Matt has been with Toys R Us for seventeen years. ::(:

Jen used to work for them too - back when the LARP was going on.

Toys R Us went back to their bad habits to appease the major toy manufacturers - mostly Hasbro.

Which meant overstocking the items that could be most easily purchased online, while understocking the things that were ordered in smaller numbers, but sold better in brick and mortar stores.

The Auld Grump

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

I feel like it also doesn't help toys r us that they're always more expensive than everywhere else. They've always been the Store of Last Resort for us, just because their prices are always 10% or more higher.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Flit said:

Boneyard

Speaking of which.. There are some minis in the store that say they have parts available to buy in the boneyard

image.png.b869d5016a1c4904ff944bd9924d9927.png

But I don't see anywhere in the store front where that might be.. 

Edited by eldamir
premature posting!
  • Like 2

Is it just me, or is it sometimes a better game when the players have a tendency to go off the rails, and down into the gully?

Sure, there's a lot of excitement and panic when the boiler blows, but that's what makes it fun, am I right, or am I right? :devil:

I just realized that I talk a lot more about my Friday game, where things tend to go haywire, and Jon's character has a tendency to get killed, than my Saturday game, where everything is moving along smoothly.

Though this Friday's game... the party all stayed together, and they actually followed their plans....

And I talk about the kids game, where I keep expecting things to go off the rails, but it never, ever really does. (The closest was the barroom brawl game, which was just the players having fun.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 9
19 minutes ago, eldamir said:

Speaking of which.. There are some minis in the store that say they have parts available to buy in the boneyard

image.png.b869d5016a1c4904ff944bd9924d9927.png

But I don't see anywhere in the store front where that might be.. 

There is a link to the Boneyard under Figures on the main page, but the Boneyard is not currently a Thing. It may or may not ever return.

Edit: it’s not there anymore, but available if you click on a figure then look at the links. It’s between Robot Supply Depot and Boxed Sets.

Edited by Sophie was taken
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Is it just me, or is it sometimes a better game when the players have a tendency to go off the rails, and down into the gully?

Sure, there's a lot of excitement and panic when the boiler blows, but that's what makes it fun, am I right, or am I right? :devil:

I just realized that I talk a lot more about my Friday game, where things tend to go haywire, and Jon's character has a tendency to get killed, than my Saturday game, where everything is moving along smoothly.

Though this Friday's game... the party all stayed together, and they actually followed their plans....

And I talk about the kids game, where I keep expecting things to go off the rails, but it never, ever really does. (The closest was the barroom brawl game, which was just the players having fun.)

The Auld Grump

Ain't just you. The bane of my existence is these kids who've been raised on computer games, and wander around looking for an NPC with a punctuation mark floating over his head because they have no idea what to do next...

• Haha 10