Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

11 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

In my case, it was 24 years.  The change in time made my Good Conduct stars off.  As my first couple were under the 4 year time line, people who joined after the switch would look at my ribbon and wonder why I had gold stripes (12 years good conduct) but not awards for Good Conduct.

I got my gold stripes. It took me a little longer than 12 years, though.:devil:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Also I know LESS THAN NOTHING ABOUT WRITING. What do I think I am doing? Augggh ...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

So naturally I am attempting to write and draw comics.

Augggh ...

• Like 11
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

In my case, it was 24 years.  The change in time made my Good Conduct stars off.  As my first couple were under the 4 year time line, people who joined after the switch would look at my ribbon and wonder why I had gold stripes (12 years good conduct) but not awards for Good Conduct.

Received my Good Conduct at 4 Years.

Applied for and received a School Cut of of two months and a day so my DD-214 shows 5 years 9 months and 29 days of Active Duty with an Honorable Discharge.  Due to a paperwork snafu I was carried on the rolls as Enlisted Reserve for a full 2 years, then they backdated everything to my Contract Expiration Date.

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
fingers can't spell correctly - especially when the brain isn't properly engaged
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, Pingo said:

So naturally I am attempting to write and draw comics.

Augggh ...

Hey, nothing in your last three posts ever stopped Todd McFarlane, lol...

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

I had a great idea for a kind of Bebop-meets-Firefly comic I think would've been pretty broccoliin'. Didn't think it'd look too good in stick figures tho.

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

Maybe you could move to Europe and get a job as a sculptor's model - there are plenty of old Gothic-style buildings and cathedrals that need their gargoyles replaced...

They'd either have to really scale me down or use some sort of space-age lightweight polymer to avoid some serious tumbling from the eaves.

I'd prolly look good with wings tho...

I had a great idea for a kind of Bebop-meets-Firefly comic I think would've been pretty broccoliin'. Didn't think it'd look too good in stick figures tho.

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

Maybe you could move to Europe and get a job as a sculptor's model - there are plenty of old Gothic-style buildings and cathedrals that need their gargoyles replaced...

They'd either have to really scale me down or use some sort of space-age lightweight polymer to avoid some serious tumbling from the eaves.

I'd prolly look good with wings tho...

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Hey, nothing in you last three posts ever stopped Todd McFarlane, lol...

Thank you. That is a great comfort. <_<

(Truth to tell, I have been through this before many times. It seems to be a natural part of the learning process. It just feels frustrating when one is going through it.)

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Hey, nothing in you last three posts ever stopped Todd McFarlane, lol...

Or Rob Liefeld.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Flit said:

Or Rob Liefeld.

You make me feel better and better. :down:

• Like 6
  • Sad 3

Especially Liefield...  I'm not sure the man is actually aware that a woman's butt and breasts are on opposite sides of her body.

@Pingo - You're a classically-trained professional artist trying to work in a fairly simple medium... You're probably just overthinking things and trying too hard.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Holy cats. 

Last might a campus police officer shot a student* who was yelling and smashing windows with a piece of metal pipe.

It’s the first time in the history of this university a university cop ever shot anybody.

*in the shoulder. The kid is in stable condition.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 7

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

Also I know LESS THAN NOTHING ABOUT WRITING. What do I think I am doing? Augggh ...

"Do one thing every day that scares you."

Not sold on that, myself, but it came to mind.  (In IT work, you very rarely want to do something that scares you.  I've done it, but I have a saying: "Just because I can do something doesn't mean I ever want to do it.")

• Haha 12

The older I get, the more people scare me...

Particularly since more and more I'm beginning to look like the voice of sanity and reason in comparison.

4 minutes ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

"Just because I can do something doesn't mean I ever want to do it.")

Or should do it.

Technically I know how to diffuse a bomb, or kill a guy with a pen ... (or sing opera, lol)

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1