Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

24 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

We have entered the last 100 pages of this thread.

How time flies..

So, thread...do you wish to make "arrangements"?

Random threads never die. They only achieve rigor and get buried down the page.

Deep down. Where the bugelies dwell, amongst the stones and souls.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Unruly said:

I've always wanted to run a megacity type campaign. I even bought all the Ptolus stuff when it was on Bundle of Holding specifically to get a feel for it. But I guess I just can't wrap my head around it. I don't know how to handle it all.

I'd need street-level maps, at the very least, so that I could hand them out to the players. I'd need a list of landmarks for at least 1/3 of the streets. Because I'd want to be able to do stuff like "Your contact wants you to meet him in Sunnyside. Grant Avenue. He said you'll find him outside The Summit." And then, when they show up, "You turn the corner and find your contact in a bloody heap. A cloaked figure darts down Houston, and you catch the glint of metal as he rounds the corner." And then it turns into a turn-by-turn chase, with the party probably splitting up based on the street map to get intercept routes.

But the problem is that, at best, you get one big mess of a map that, if you're lucky, you can pick out any streets or alleys other than main thoroughfares. And landmarks are a handful of super major locations.

Maybe I just don't understand how to run an urban game.

<snip>

And holy crap, the first season of The Wire is freaking great. If the rest of this show keeps this strong, I'm gonna love it.

Vornheim.... Seriously, check it out. You want to run an urban crawl game, that's the way to do it. Plus its a prime example of how to make a game book that's actually useful on the table.

The Wire is solid stuff... Still need to finish it though. Made it through season 3.

Happy First Contact Day!

Happy-First-Contact-Day.jpg

• Like 11

Looks like it is going to be an annoying and probably stressful day. Lots of stuff to do and the clouds are sucking out my energy. And I haven't had breakfast yet. That will be the first item acquired.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Coffe acquired. Breakfast on the way. Should feel a bit less grumpy soon.

ETA: breakfast acquired.

Edited by Flit
  • Like 7

I'm off to a good start. Got a load of dishes done and made muffins for breakfast. Lemon poppy seed and strawberry. Yum :wub:

• Like 8

I'm exhausted. Sleep has been all wonky since Husband started back to school. So my productivity has basically gone down to zero because of being so tired. I plan on getting some backlog of things done today though... Hopefully.

• Sad 6

Well, that was surreal.

I was Googling images of bicycling and all of a sudden I got a full page of results of old black and white scans of century-old newspaper columns.

Turns out I had mistyped "european fbicycling" and that little extra "f" was enough to vault me into the Twilight Zone.

Welp, back to pix of people on bikes ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

52 minutes ago, Pingo said:

Well, that was surreal.

I was Googling images of bicycling and all of a sudden I got a full page of results of old black and white scans of century-old newspaper columns.

Turns out I had mistyped "european fbicycling" and that little extra "f" was enough to vault me into the Twilight Zone.

Welp, back to pix of people on bikes ...

The Internet is a weird and wondrous place...

Ready for a nap now...

• Like 5

4 hours ago, DocPiske said:

Repent, sinners! The end (of the thread) is nigh!

If we repent, how will we ever get to the end of the thread?

3 hours ago, Flit said:

Lots of stuff to do and the clouds are sucking out my energy.

If you squeeze them hard enough, they'll blow it all back out. And make a really cool farting noise...

In other news, Spawn Number One will be starting his first real "after-school" job soon. He's gotten hired at McD's. He'll be working something like a ten-hour day on Saturdays, since he needs to watch his younger brother during the week.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 9

Ugh I'm tired.

I go to sleep at 4am every night. Something keeps waking me up at 7am and I can't get back to sleep. I need to find the thing and stab it.

• Like 6
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

If we repent, how will we ever get to the end of the thread?

If you squeeze them hard enough, they'll blow it all back out. And make a really cool farting noise...

In other news, Spawn Number One will be starting his first real "after-school" job soon. He's gotten hired at McD's. He'll be working something like a ten-hour day on Saturdays, since he needs to watch his younger brother during the week.

The clouds decided to go away for a while, so I got back some of my energy.

On the other hand the Random-Thing-on-My-Shopping-List-That-WalMart-Is-Out-Of-Today is: wind shield wiper blades for Mr Flit's car. They had one blade but not both. *sigh* maybe it won't rain too much before I can find both blades and get them installed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Main bathroom toilet is fixed!! I be handy!

The innards were old style ballcock & such. Finally had to upgrade due to the metal rod had rotted away enough that the weight of the ball was enough that it wouldn't stop running after flushing.

• Like 9

20 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Mine says "Condemned by Order of City Hall"...

Maybe you could move to Europe and get a job as a sculptor's model - there are plenty of old Gothic-style buildings and cathedrals that need their gargoyles replaced...

So, she'll be available for NEMPA Paint Days then?

Molly's reaction to painting miniatures or building terrain is 'Eww! Artsy Craftsy stuff!' :lol:

The Auld Grump - strangely enough Molly (the Elder) has a very similar reaction....

• Haha 6