Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

For several months, one of the posters on our Naked People Wall was of the Seattle naked bicycle event....

Be warned. These were naked people on bikes, not models.... (The poster was a present from Molly (the Elder) and Ami.)

naked biking seems like it would be impressively uncomfortable.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

I, uh —

Nope. Nothing. :ph34r:

How you doing?

Good! A bunch of good stuff happening lately. My local girlfriend is coming over tonight for a sleepover. :wub:  And we're talking about hosting events together this summer, setting her up a workspace in my family room so she can spend more time here, doing some home improvement projects together, etc. And my kids really like her, which is why I'm willing to let things get serious. The only downside is that with being a single mom half the time, and with a lot of pre-existing commitments and medical things most of the days I DON'T have the kids, I have limited free time and most of that gets spent with my girlfriend, so I've gotten almost no hobbying done lately. But now we're looking at ways of arranging the way we spend time together so we can both pursue our interests in the same space so I can hobby and she can work on CAD drawings or learn about machining or whatever it is that's caught her attention that day. :;): 

14 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

OTTER!!!

*** Tacklehugs and slobbers***

WOLF!!!

*** Watches the wolf slobbering all over the decoy, climbs up on the wolf's back, pulls out a bag of popcorn and begins munching while waiting for the wolf to notice ***

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

Just now, canuckotter said:

Good! A bunch of good stuff happening lately. My local girlfriend is coming over tonight for a sleepover. :wub:  And we're talking about hosting events together this summer, setting her up a workspace in my family room so she can spend more time here, doing some home improvement projects together, etc. And my kids really like her, which is why I'm willing to let things get serious. The only downside is that with being a single mom half the time, and with a lot of pre-existing commitments and medical things most of the days I DON'T have the kids, I have limited free time and most of that gets spent with my girlfriend, so I've gotten almost no hobbying done lately. But now we're looking at ways of arranging the way we spend time together so we can both pursue our interests in the same space so I can hobby and she can work on CAD drawings or learn about machining or whatever it is that's caught her attention that day. :;): 

WOLF!!!

*** Watches the wolf slobbering all over the decoy, climbs up on the wolf's back, pulls out a bag of popcorn and begins munching while waiting for the wolf to notice ***

Popcorn?

Do you have any Bacon flavored?

• Haha 7

Seems to me if the law wants to come and get me they will come and get me, not leave a message on an answering machine that does not identify either the caller or me with any clarity and says to call some sketchy phone number.

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Just another lovely spring day here in the Northeast...

I think you guys were punked by Punksatawney Phil... <_<

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Pingo said:

Seems to me if the law wants to come and get me they will come and get me, not leave a message on an answering machine that does not identify either the caller or me with any clarity and says to call some sketchy phone number.

My darling son scared the employees at a nursing home once, they didn't really believe his story about a school project that involved meeting people from a different demographic.  That and his ponytail convinced them to issue a no trespass order on him.  Yes, a cop came to our door.  It wasn't even a big deal legally, he just needed to not visit any more.  

It's really a shame, too, because he enjoyed playing chess with an elderly gentleman and the company was likely appreciated.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

15 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

I am not anymore! Wooo.

Working this weekend as well. Maybe I can escape around 1 or 2. I'll be here until the 20th. No nightshift Wooooo!

So members of our Pathfinder group are trying to put together an all Vigilante team, where every member of the party is a vigilante (aka medieval super hero). You may remember the guy wearing the flashing hulk mask, that was his character in his alter ego, the Green Bastard. 

So in trying to figure out what character I could make as a vigilante, I found an archetype that allows someone to transform into an animal as their alter ego. I asked the husband which animal would be the most ridiculous as a superhero, and he almost instantly said Platypus. Unfortunately, platypuses are tiny animals in Pathfinder, and it needs to be a small or medium animal as the base animal. :down:

I'm still thinking about it, and I think I am going to go with that archetype, but I haven't decided if I should play Detective Savage Raptor, (Who of course would be a velociraptor) or Super Llama (or otherwise ridiculous animal). 

Also, @pcktlnt if you want to join/witness the insanity, right now I have 4 vigilantes signed up for my Wednesday 6PM heroes game next week. We could use the Vigilante pre-gen if you wanted to join in. :lol:

In case anyone is curious, below the cut is the list of animals I could be. I am still looking for suggestions on what would make the most kooky / interesting super animal.

Antelope (CR 1/2)
Badger (CR 1/2)
Badger, Dire (CR 2)
Boar (CR 2)
Brush Thylacine (CR 2)
Bull Shark (CR 2)
Cat, Cheetah (CR 2)
Cat, Leopard (CR 2)
Deer (CR 1/4)
Dimorphodon (CR 1)
Dimorphodon (CR 1)
Dinosaurus, Deinonychus (CR 3)
Dire Fox (CR 2)
Dire Racoon (CR 2)
Dire Rat Megaswarm (CR 5)
Dodo (CR 1/4)
Dodo (CR 1/4)
Dog, Common (CR 1/3)
Dog, Hyena (CR 1)
Dog, Riding (CR 1)
Dog, Wolf (CR 1)
Dolphin, Bottlenose (CR 1/2)
Donkey Rat (CR 1/4)
Dragonfish (CR 1)
Dwarf Caiman (CR 1/3)
Eagle (CR 1/2)
Eel, Electric (CR 2)
Elk (CR 1)
Elk (CR 1)
Euparkeria (CR 1/2)
Fire Fish (CR 1)
Fox (CR 1/3)
Frog, (Giant) (CR 1)
Gar (CR 1)
Giant Archerfish (CR 1)
Giant Caribe (CR 1)
Giant Flying Piranha (CR 2)
Giant Frog (CR 1)
Giant Gecko (CR 1)
Giant Marmoset (CR 1)
Giant Porcupine (CR 2)
Giant Rock-horned Lizard (CR 3)
Giant Tortoise (CR 1)
Giant Weasel (CR 1)
Goat (CR 1/3)
Goat (CR 1/3)
Goblin Dog (CR 1)
Great Horned Owl (CR 1/2)
Herd Animal, Sheep (Ram) (CR 1)
Homotherium (CR 5)
Jaguar (CR 3)
Jigsaw Shark (CR 1)
Kangaroo (CR 1/2)
Killer Frog (CR 1)
Lizard, Monitor (CR 2)
Llama (CR 1/2)
Lynx (CR 2)
Mandrill (CR 1/4)
Margay (CR 1)
Medium Barracuda (CR 1)
Medium Stingray (CR 2)
Mountain Lion (CR 3)
Octopus (CR 1)
Panda (CR 2)
Pig (CR 1/3)
Pig (CR 1/3)
Pony (CR 1/2)
Primate, Baboon (CR 1/2)
Ram (CR 1)
Rat, Dire (CR 1/3)
Sea Snake (CR 1)
Seal (CR 1/3)
Sheep (CR 1/4)
Slitherrat (CR 3)
Small Barracuda (CR 1/4)
Small Stingray (CR 1/2)
Smilodon (CR 5)
Snake, Constrictor (CR 2)
Snake, Venomous (CR 1)
Snow Leopard (CR 3)
Squid (CR 1)
Stag (CR 1)
Stingray (CR 1/2)
Swamp Barracuda (CR 2)
Thylacine (CR 1/2)
Thylacine (CR 1/2)
Tiger Fish (CR 1)
Timber Wolf (CR 2)
Trumpeter Swan (CR 1/3)
Velociraptor (CR 2)
Vulture (CR 1/2)
Wolverine (CR 2)

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Thes Hunter said:

So members of our Pathfinder group are trying to put together an all Vigilante team, where every member of the party is a vigilante (aka medieval super hero). You may remember the guy wearing the flashing hulk mask, that was his character in his alter ego, the Green Bastard. 

So in trying to figure out what character I could make as a vigilante, I found an archetype that allows someone to transform into an animal as their alter ego. I asked the husband which animal would be the most ridiculous as a superhero, and he almost instantly said Platypus. Unfortunately, platypuses are tiny animals in Pathfinder, and it needs to be a small or medium animal as the base animal. :down:

I'm still thinking about it, and I think I am going to go with that archetype, but I haven't decided if I should play Detective Savage Raptor, (Who of course would be a velociraptor) or Super Llama (or otherwise ridiculous animal). 

Also, @pcktlnt if you want to join/witness the insanity, right now I have 4 vigilantes signed up for my Wednesday 6PM heroes game next week. We could use the Vigilante pre-gen if you wanted to join in. :lol:

In case anyone is curious, below the cut is the list of animals I could be. I am still looking for suggestions on what would make the most kooky / interesting super animal.

Reveal hidden contents
Antelope (CR 1/2)
Badger (CR 1/2)
Badger, Dire (CR 2)
Boar (CR 2)
Brush Thylacine (CR 2)
Bull Shark (CR 2)
Cat, Cheetah (CR 2)
Cat, Leopard (CR 2)
Deer (CR 1/4)
Dimorphodon (CR 1)
Dimorphodon (CR 1)
Dire Fox (CR 2)
Dire Racoon (CR 2)
Dodo (CR 1/4)
Dodo (CR 1/4)
Dog, Common (CR 1/3)
Dog, Hyena (CR 1)
Dog, Riding (CR 1)
Dog, Wolf (CR 1)
Donkey Rat (CR 1/4)
Dragonfish (CR 1)
Dwarf Caiman (CR 1/3)
Eagle (CR 1/2)
Eel, Electric (CR 2)
Elk (CR 1)
Elk (CR 1)
Euparkeria (CR 1/2)
Fire Fish (CR 1)
Fox (CR 1/3)
Frog, (Giant) (CR 1)
Gar (CR 1)
Giant Archerfish (CR 1)
Giant Caribe (CR 1)
Giant Frog (CR 1)
Giant Gecko (CR 1)
Giant Marmoset (CR 1)
Giant Porcupine (CR 2)
Giant Tortoise (CR 1)
Giant Weasel (CR 1)
Goat (CR 1/3)
Goat (CR 1/3)
Goblin Dog (CR 1)
Homotherium (CR 5)
Jaguar (CR 3)
Jigsaw Shark (CR 1)
Kangaroo (CR 1/2)
Killer Frog (CR 1)
Lizard, Monitor (CR 2)
Llama (CR 1/2)
Lynx (CR 2)
Mandrill (CR 1/4)
Margay (CR 1)
Medium Barracuda (CR 1)
Medium Stingray (CR 2)
Mountain Lion (CR 3)
Octopus (CR 1)
Panda (CR 2)
Pig (CR 1/3)
Pig (CR 1/3)
Pony (CR 1/2)
Primate, Baboon (CR 1/2)
Ram (CR 1)
Rat, Dire (CR 1/3)
Sea Snake (CR 1)
Seal (CR 1/3)
Sheep (CR 1/4)
Slitherrat (CR 3)
Small Barracuda (CR 1/4)
Small Stingray (CR 1/2)
Smilodon (CR 5)
Snake, Venomous (CR 1)
Snow Leopard (CR 3)
Squid (CR 1)
Stag (CR 1)
Stingray (CR 1/2)
Swamp Barracuda (CR 2)
Thylacine (CR 1/2)
Thylacine (CR 1/2)
Tiger Fish (CR 1)
Timber Wolf (CR 2)
Trumpeter Swan (CR 1/3)
Velociraptor (CR 2)
Vulture (CR 1/2)
Wolverine (CR 2)

For a moment I read that as which animal you would love to cook first..

• Haha 8

Started watching Bored To Death again, after giving it a look long ago and never getting back. Really good stuff. Little dry, but in a pleasant way. Absolute top-shelf Ted Danson.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

Reveal hidden contents
Antelope (CR 1/2)
Badger (CR 1/2)
Badger, Dire (CR 2)
Boar (CR 2)
Brush Thylacine (CR 2)
Bull Shark (CR 2)
Cat, Cheetah (CR 2)
Cat, Leopard (CR 2)
Deer (CR 1/4)
Dimorphodon (CR 1)
Dimorphodon (CR 1)
Dire Fox (CR 2)
Dire Racoon (CR 2)
Dodo (CR 1/4)
Dodo (CR 1/4)
Dog, Common (CR 1/3)
Dog, Hyena (CR 1)
Dog, Riding (CR 1)
Dog, Wolf (CR 1)
Donkey Rat (CR 1/4)
Dragonfish (CR 1)
Dwarf Caiman (CR 1/3)
Eagle (CR 1/2)
Eel, Electric (CR 2)
Elk (CR 1)
Elk (CR 1)
Euparkeria (CR 1/2)
Fire Fish (CR 1)
Fox (CR 1/3)
Frog, (Giant) (CR 1)
Gar (CR 1)
Giant Archerfish (CR 1)
Giant Caribe (CR 1)
Giant Frog (CR 1)
Giant Gecko (CR 1)
Giant Marmoset (CR 1)
Giant Porcupine (CR 2)
Giant Tortoise (CR 1)
Giant Weasel (CR 1)
Goat (CR 1/3)
Goat (CR 1/3)
Goblin Dog (CR 1)
Homotherium (CR 5)
Jaguar (CR 3)
Jigsaw Shark (CR 1)
Kangaroo (CR 1/2)
Killer Frog (CR 1)
Lizard, Monitor (CR 2)
Llama (CR 1/2)
Lynx (CR 2)
Mandrill (CR 1/4)
Margay (CR 1)
Medium Barracuda (CR 1)
Medium Stingray (CR 2)
Mountain Lion (CR 3)
Octopus (CR 1)
Panda (CR 2)
Pig (CR 1/3)
Pig (CR 1/3)
Pony (CR 1/2)
Primate, Baboon (CR 1/2)
Ram (CR 1)
Rat, Dire (CR 1/3)
Sea Snake (CR 1)
Seal (CR 1/3)
Sheep (CR 1/4)
Slitherrat (CR 3)
Small Barracuda (CR 1/4)
Small Stingray (CR 1/2)
Smilodon (CR 5)
Snake, Venomous (CR 1)
Snow Leopard (CR 3)
Squid (CR 1)
Stag (CR 1)
Stingray (CR 1/2)
Swamp Barracuda (CR 2)
Thylacine (CR 1/2)
Thylacine (CR 1/2)
Tiger Fish (CR 1)
Timber Wolf (CR 2)
Trumpeter Swan (CR 1/3)
Velociraptor (CR 2)
Vulture (CR 1/2)
Wolverine (CR 2)

I've had good luck with the ram in the past. had a druid that was just there to do anything that required hands for the ram.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

Hide contents
Antelope (CR 1/2)
Badger (CR 1/2)
Badger, Dire (CR 2)
Boar (CR 2)
Brush Thylacine (CR 2)
Bull Shark (CR 2)
Cat, Cheetah (CR 2)
Cat, Leopard (CR 2)
Deer (CR 1/4)
Dimorphodon (CR 1)
Dimorphodon (CR 1)
Dire Fox (CR 2)
Dire Racoon (CR 2)
Dodo (CR 1/4)
Dodo (CR 1/4)
Dog, Common (CR 1/3)
Dog, Hyena (CR 1)
Dog, Riding (CR 1)
Dog, Wolf (CR 1)
Donkey Rat (CR 1/4)
Dragonfish (CR 1)
Dwarf Caiman (CR 1/3)
Eagle (CR 1/2)
Eel, Electric (CR 2)
Elk (CR 1)
Elk (CR 1)
Euparkeria (CR 1/2)
Fire Fish (CR 1)
Fox (CR 1/3)
Frog, (Giant) (CR 1)
Gar (CR 1)
Giant Archerfish (CR 1)
Giant Caribe (CR 1)
Giant Frog (CR 1)
Giant Gecko (CR 1)
Giant Marmoset (CR 1)
Giant Porcupine (CR 2)
Giant Tortoise (CR 1)
Giant Weasel (CR 1)
Goat (CR 1/3)
Goat (CR 1/3)
Goblin Dog (CR 1)
Homotherium (CR 5)
Jaguar (CR 3)
Jigsaw Shark (CR 1)
Kangaroo (CR 1/2)
Killer Frog (CR 1)
Lizard, Monitor (CR 2)
Llama (CR 1/2)
Lynx (CR 2)
Mandrill (CR 1/4)
Margay (CR 1)
Medium Barracuda (CR 1)
Medium Stingray (CR 2)
Mountain Lion (CR 3)
Octopus (CR 1)
Panda (CR 2)
Pig (CR 1/3)
Pig (CR 1/3)
Pony (CR 1/2)
Primate, Baboon (CR 1/2)
Ram (CR 1)
Rat, Dire (CR 1/3)
Sea Snake (CR 1)
Seal (CR 1/3)
Sheep (CR 1/4)
Slitherrat (CR 3)
Small Barracuda (CR 1/4)
Small Stingray (CR 1/2)
Smilodon (CR 5)
Snake, Venomous (CR 1)
Snow Leopard (CR 3)
Squid (CR 1)
Stag (CR 1)
Stingray (CR 1/2)
Swamp Barracuda (CR 2)
Thylacine (CR 1/2)
Thylacine (CR 1/2)
Tiger Fish (CR 1)
Timber Wolf (CR 2)
Trumpeter Swan (CR 1/3)
Velociraptor (CR 2)
Vulture (CR 1/2)
Wolverine (CR 2)

You could be a dire rat megaswarm and there's any question?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Popcorn?

Do you have any Bacon flavored?

Sorry only have maple bacon flavouring. 

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

Usually they send a really nice and polite guy with a stupidly long yellow sheet of paper with lots of writing on it, but you only really ha e to pay attention to the last fifth of it or so, because it basically tells you what time, and which floor to go to....  Of course, that's the witness subpoena, but I think it's the same form if they're summoning you to court as a defendant... 

Oh, and he rings your doorbell EXACTLY on the hour, and if you aren't there the first time, EXACTLY ONE HOUR LATER your doorbell rings again.  Oh, and he's usually courteous enough to wait until 10 or 11am to ring too. 

Did I mention he's a really nice guy?  All happy and smiley too. 

Yeah, usually they don't call you if there's a problem.  Actually, about the only time I've ever been called was them wanting me to come in and let them know what I'd written on a collision report, because I kind of wrote a few words that were somewhat illegible... 

• Like 9