Randomness XIII: Cognitive Dissonance While You Wait

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh man. So I haven’t been able to be around much the past couple of weeks. That’s because I have been busting my elf to tackle the tremendous work backlog that I had piled up in folder after folder af

I'm going to miss "Reaperbryan", but I'm really happy for my friend Bryan.   10/10 would let fire me out of an airlock again.

So, the last thing I posted here was that we were safe and sound back from the sci fi convention. Which was essentially true.   Let me start by saying I’m fine and home resting now.  

Posted Images

Just now, NebulousMissy said:

Snail mail a PO box? :blink:

No silly person.:poke:

You put the Bomb Pop in the other thingie.

Then the Cliff Claven person picks it up and does whatever they does and eventually it gets to the Desert Hideaway.

GEM

3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Mmm, dirt.

"i love it when you call me big pop-pa. "

Does that mean that the Bomb Pop is now inside the big pop[-pa]?

GEM

• Like 2

[imagines trying to send frozen things through the mail] Melty... Not worth it...

Besides, the only way I know how to get them is to find a shady-looking truck with a creepy-sounding jingle and chase after it holding money. Ah, that's one thing I miss. I haven't seen a single ice cream truck since I escaped LA.

Bah. I'll find them somehow. Probably by heading back to California for some holiday like Christmas. Or dove season. 

Edited by NebulousMissy
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

"i love it when you call me big pop-pa. "

Does that mean that the Bomb Pop is now inside the big pop[-pa]?

If y'all thought some of my previous posts have been problematic... just wait 'til I answer this question.

• Haha 4

Watch, it'll be all normal. Depressingly normal and overly smartarse. I mean, there are three ACS webinars this week, one on biomedical polymers, one on sustainable pharmaceutical research and production, and one on fixing Sickle Cell Disease using gene therapy.

• Like 7

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:25 AM, redambrosia said:

We spent 7 hours at the ER. :wacko: They found no physical evidence of strokes, though they said they couldn't entirely rule out mini strokes (they gave them some multisyllabic word that I had zero chance of remembering), but Hubby did well on all the neuro tests, like touching his nose and moving his limbs and such. He was still talking funny and running into things before he went to bed, but we'll have to see a neurologist for that. 

In the meantime, I'm gonna get rid of anything that can raise blood pressure and start us on exercise. Both of us were scared by that and don't want anything like it happening again.

Oh and thank you all for you thoughts and wishes. :hugs you all:

Lots of advice has rolled in on the forums already, some from actual professionals, which is worth more than mine. But, in case the hypertension is also exacerbated by cholesterol plaque buildup, you might investigate MCT (medium chain triglyceride) oil as a food supplement. It improves the good cholesterol, which scrubs the bad. Usually refined from coconut oil, and basically tasteless. If you love coconut flavor itself, though, coconut oil itself is also a good "organic" choice.

Hope he's getting better.  

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:45 PM, Zink said:

Had log in problems with one of my email addresses. After a bit of a headache I finally got a new password to work. My wife saw me typing it and asked, "can you remember that one? It looks pretty long." Reply, "Yes, because it's a bunch of swear words with some numbers thrown in to hit the recommended security level. :rolleyes:

Seriously, as a security guy, you shouldn't tell people stuff like that in public (unless it's a ruse, since you don't *really* use that). If true, it narrows down the search space of a password guesser an enormous amount by eliminating a lot of potential entropy. https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/05/how-crackers-make-minced-meat-out-of-your-passwords/

Anyway ... I'm still 20 pages behind in this chaotic ocean of Randomness, but I have to give up swimming and surfacing for now as I still have work to do tonight. <bleah>

• Like 10
19 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

My thousandth post is going to be something horrible and dirty weird isn't it?

16 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

*high fives*

Gods, I hope so.

^^ what the wizard said. 

Bring it on @NebulousMissy :devil:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
12 minutes ago, Wise Kraken said:

*trimmed*

Anyway ... I'm still 20 pages behind in this chaotic ocean of Randomness, but I have to give up swimming and surfacing for now as I still have work to do tonight. <bleah>

*whispers*

OK everybody, type faster, as now's our chance to put W.K. even farther behind.

*maniacal laughter fades into distance*

GEM

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
43 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

[imagines trying to send frozen things through the mail] Melty... Not worth it...

Besides, the only way I know how to get them is to find a shady-looking truck with a creepy-sounding jingle and chase after it holding money. Ah, that's one thing I miss. I haven't seen a single ice cream truck since I escaped LA.

Bah. I'll find them somehow. Probably by heading back to California for some holiday like Christmas. Or dove season. 

Picture the reaction of the mail person, who upon opening the box finds it is filled with "smoke" that immediately starts rolling out and billowing around from the package full of Dry Ice.

Bomb Squad call in 3.....

To defuse the Bomb Pop.

GEM

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

A lot of things get shipped with dry ice. Ordering frozen foods online, like if you order Omaha steaks, tends to get you a Styrofoam cooler with some dry ice in it. They usually have to apply some kind of label to the package though, like any other potential hazmat.

• Like 6