Kings of War: Vanguard

Anyone here starred to get their shipping notices for actual minis yet? I saw on the kickstarter comments there were reports of a few people with Giant pledges who got shipping notices, and I know Darsc has said that he was just getting add-ons.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There we go much better.

I can't say anything anymore. I just had to drop my pledge to a paltry $1. Because I just totaled my car.

Don't know if anyone here caught it in the comments, but Rob from Mantic is going to try to get one of the Huscarls to be sculpted to look like me!   Pretty awesome, even if it doesn't work

Posted Images

On 10/19/2018 at 1:28 PM, Balgin Stondraeg said:

Easy Army currently only has what's in the rulebook/free pdf (I suspect they sued the pdf as their source). They don't have equipment options in yet either but it's early days.

Someone's blatantly going to leak the non rulebook cards at some point so it's only a matter of time really.

It's annoying for folks like me who were planning on using something like this as the Ogre Palace Defender for my Bassilians..... (not going to use the gun option, obviously).6wTV6iq.thumb.jpg.5f093cf6b05aeac27989e20547308106.jpg

Who makes that?

1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

Who makes that?

Shieldwolf Miniatures (not available yet - should release some time around the 25th as part of a 3 pack of female fantasy/sci fi Ogre Battle Nuns). They're a Greek company.

The photograph is theirs as I don't have mine in hand yet.

Edited by Balgin Stondraeg
  • Like 1

Well, it looks like Canadian orders are going by FedEx. So, @Darsc Zacal, I guess you can expect some fees if what I understand about Canada, couriers, and international shipping is correct in that they always hit you with the customs fees no matter what.

It also looks like the stories I've heard about Mantic having issues with getting previous kickstarters packed correctly might be true this time around as well. There's currently a guy over at kickstarter currently claiming that Mantic sent him only about $200 worth of his almost $800 order. I'm a little bit skeptical of this, since they've said they're shipping orders by size and mine is much smaller than his claim and I haven't so much as gotten a shipping notice yet, but it's something to look out for.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Well, it looks like Canadian orders are going by FedEx. So, @Darsc Zacal, I guess you can expect some fees if what I understand about Canada, couriers, and international shipping is correct in that they always hit you with the customs fees no matter what.

Oh phyxzzt!:grr:

Yep. And they’ll also charge exorbitant  “handling” and “processing” fees beyond what Canada Post would have charged.

21 hours ago, Balgin Stondraeg said:

Shieldwolf Miniatures (not available yet - should release some time around the 25th as part of a 3 pack of female fantasy/sci fi Ogre Battle Nuns). They're a Greek company.

So that's why Megan was talking about playing Basileans - and why she was making them do double duty for the Silver Flame in her Eberron game. (She does not like the Church of the Silver Flame, so I suspect we may be facing some Lawful Good bad guys in the near future.)

The Auld Grump

I think the plan of shipping smaller orders first may have gone out the window. I can't imagine that mine is some super huge one, since it's the Giant pledge, a second giant mini, a frost giant conversion kit, an orc starter warband, and an ogre starter warband. So a Giant pledge and 4 add-ons. I feel like it is very much on the smaller side of the Giant level pledges, but I still haven't gotten my shipping notice yet and we're halfway through the week. Last update we got they were still planning on finishing shipping this week, so I'm guessing they've either scrapped any shipping order and are just shipping whatever comes across first, or mine got skipped.

I'm getting stupid anxious now. I know, I just need to be patient, but it's hard to be!

On 10/22/2018 at 6:54 PM, Balgin Stondraeg said:

I have been looking for something like this for a while, thank you! 

Also, no word on my pledge yet, either.  Glad I did that when I had money and gainful employment. 

Eh, I just went to the kicktraq page to see what the average was, and I guess it was only $122 per backer. I knew there were a lot of rulebook pledges, and that it was a smaller KS than Mantic typically has, but from the way some people talked it feels like my list should have been middle of the road. Especially since I saw a lot of people waiting on the pledge manager, because like me they didn't have the cash on hand during the campaign.

I really, really wanted to go all out on it, though. One of everything would have been nice...

Edited by Unruly
3 hours ago, Unruly said:

Eh, I just went to the kicktraq page to see what the average was, and I guess it was only $122 per backer. I knew there were a lot of rulebook pledges, and that it was a smaller KS than Mantic typically has, but from the way some people talked it feels like my list should have been middle of the road. Especially since I saw a lot of people waiting on the pledge manager, because like me they didn't have the cash on hand during the campaign.

I really, really wanted to go all out on it, though. One of everything would have been nice...

Oh, I'm sure there's a few crazy big pledges. But we're probably talking a dozen or two, not even an entire days worth of shipping. I think most "big" orders are probably right in that Giant and a couple add-ons range.

ETA:
Just saw my wife accept the package via doorbell cam from the FedEx guy. These days are the longest...

Edited by pinkymadigan
  • Like 1