77368: Shadow Demon and Tamiya Clears

kristof65

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing.

Surprising to see the original purple essentially disappear.

I have some Tamiya clears, so this gives me ideas on what I can potentially accomplish on my translucent Bones.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 2

I really appreciate all of the Tamiya Clear experiment threads you've done! I've started acquiring them myself since I want to amp up my transluscent Bones, so thank you for posting all of your results, they are most helpful! ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 4

3 hours ago, OneBoot said:

I really appreciate all of the Tamiya Clear experiment threads you've done! I've started acquiring them myself since I want to amp up my transluscent Bones, so thank you for posting all of your results, they are most helpful! ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

You're welcome. 

I'm glad I can contribute something to the community here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, kristof65 said:

All of them, in all their glory:

IMG_2206.thumb.JPG.fa3e1d6ba73b3e962f89af34fc4801d3.JPG

By our powers combine..................

e2WR1WP1eW-2.png

Nice report! Oddly I used Purple Wash from Army painter on the Shadow & it didn't do half as good of shading like the Tamiya did for these. Being a car modeler & Tamiya being my favorite of that hobby I know the powers of the Clear colors (taillights, window tinting, etc etc) I've never had a color change like you did with this one thou.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, haldir said:

Being a car modeler & Tamiya being my favorite of that hobby I know the powers of the Clear colors (taillights, window tinting, etc etc) I've never had a color change like you did with this one thou.

You may have been the one who told me about the Clears a long time ago. I was working on a Pinewood derby car that was a police car, and I had asked here if anyone had any idea on making the light bar - I had a piece of clear sprue that was the right shape/size, but was trying to figure out how to tint it. Someone suggested using the Tamiya Clears, and they worked beautifully.  

Splendid study, covering all the range and very well executed. I am sure you have given many a Reaperite an invaluable tool by this combination. I mean, I think I wouldn't be too wrong if I say that I am reflecting the opinion of the majorty herthat the Translucent bones have gained a whole new level in our eyes with this combination and we will be seeing its results on many a thread here soon..

All thanks to you!