Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
@Echoside_ challenged me to do this!
I attached the colors that were rolled and a pic of the dragon lined. Sorry for the short post, but it serves purposes.
By Redd Knekk
After about 3 weeks it’s finally done! I’ve had a concept for a white dragon bouncing around in my head for a while, and I shy away from painting overly in white for the same technical reasons as everyone else, but this completes a loop in painting for me....
My first dragon ever ever was a white (Reaper’s Deathsleet), and I was doing great just to get somewhat clean lines. After about a year and a half, I wanted to give it another try to compare how much I’ve learned. It’s been difficult since I’m not artistic, but learning to paint minis has been a great experience. I just took a picture of my first white dragon and this current white dragon.
Sorry for the crappy photos, but I hope you enjoy the frost dragon/albino-ish concept.
Please let me know what you would have done differently. Criticism and advice are always welcome! Goodnight :)
By Redd Knekk
I started this project yesterday with Reaper Bones Stormwing after painting a blue one. I intended to paint another in blue to replace the one I gave away, but instead I thought it was time to do another white dragon!
My first dragon was white, and I had no concept of painting techniques other than a fledgling understanding of brush control. This was a little over a year ago, so I’m painting this one to do a side by side comparison of how far I’ve come.
I reprimed it white over the black, then went Lothern Blue (Citadel) base. I’ve done some gradual damp/dry brushing to work up gray/blue, gray, now hard transitioning into medium beige.
Next step is going more into the whites now that the undertones are there. Breast scales are not undertoned, just straight gray. Going for pink/purple/ice blue highlights...almost like pearlescent finish on horns. I’ll figure it out on the wings and breastplates.
Learning from my previous forays into blending with wings, I decided to try for something more challenging. In doing this, I learned that sometimes the parts of bigger minis don't fit together as well as one hopes, which in this case resulted in some improvisation, especially around the foot/base socket and the wings. But I am enjoying how he came out. He was wondrously bumpy. :-)
Who's Online 40 Members, 4 Anonymous, 196 Guests (See full list)
- Rob Dean
- Darsc Zacal
- Cranky Dog
- Doug Sundseth
- Chris Palmer
- Dan d'Lyon