Recently getting back into miniature painting, and decided to start off with a few bones pieces. Ordered this lip fella from Reaper and decided to knock him out around Halloween. 

Going to put a sealant coat over it and add spot gloss on the blood effects, for now it's all painted highlights. 

Any suggestions or advice always welcome. 

JG

IMG_20171105_014251.jpg

• Like 19

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoonglowMinis
      How do you make an octopus laugh?  You give him ten tickles!

Wanted to show off this little octopus that I sculpted from some leftover green stuff.  I don't have much experience with sculpting other than a few simple embellishments on minis and a couple of snake swarms I made once.  Wanted to try something relatively simple and figured an octopus would be pretty forgiving.

You can see more about how I made this guy and more of my nautical minis in my Dark Tide WIP thread HERE.

I sculpted and painted this guy in two evenings and am happy with hos cute it turned out.  It's not the most accurate, but I'm proud of it.  It definitely has given me greater confidence in my ability to make something out of nothing.

More Photos Beneath the Spoiler:

• By animesensei
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dungeonlair/dungeon-accessories-torture-imprisonment-and-sacrifice/description

I backed a previous KS these people did and even though it had some struggles due to manufacturers giving them problems, they still delivered and had a good quality product. It's resin and comes either painted or unpainted.

Some of the stuff here is generic, but it's worth a look.

• By MoonglowMinis
      Crawling back from the dead here with this fun little handful of zombies!  Added some gravestones to a few of them using popsicle sticks.  Just good ole' classic grave crawling zombies.  Went for a dusty color palette.

Which one do you think turned out best?

• By Katiepult
      Pathfinder Red Dragon #60028 is a hefty beastie and I definitely did not paint him red. Instead I tried a rainbow piece for Pride 2020 (finished 8/1/2020). Also my first painted model posted here. Pardon my photography skills. I used cut up Caryatid column #77378 for a bit of terrain on the base. My biggest metal model to date.

• By Okami Xci
      Painted my Roc for the campaign I'm in.
      There we have befriended a Phoenix and it is going to help us fight the BBEG.

Putting images in spoiler tag, since picture heavy....
      Base still needs some more work.

Edit: painted this one at the same time as Blacksting
  • Who's Online   19 Members, 0 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)