Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Thanks guys!

 

3 hours ago, Kendal said:

Okay, I need to know what you did to get the crevices/lines.

 

Sure, its just a wash applied to the fabric folds followed by some layering.

 

From memory, on the outer cloak & coat, I started with an off white cream colour followed by a sepia wash. I then "tidied up" the folds with the cream colour. I then mixed up a thinned version of this cream colour in a dish, added a small amount of white to it & then started working on the highlights. I kept adding a bit more white to the mix every time I painted the next highlight layer until I got to the final white highlight. The paint mix needs to be the consistency of milk throughout.

For the undercloak, I used the same process but went with a light grey base & the wash was either black or blue - I can't quite remember! ::):

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Colonel Kane
      Hey all, 
      Mods if this is not acceptable please feel free to delete. 
      I started a new project. last week. I bought the mini at a game store that I go to to paint with Ludo. I had another friend give me more minis... so I am turning this what was going to be just the one, into an army. I am still working on this one, but I thought you all might like to see it. 
      Anyways here is the Commander:
       





    • By WhiteWulfe
      Finished this a little while ago, but it wasn't until just recently where I was able to get it into an area that's large enough, and has even enough lighting (whoo, b-day gift of a 24" cube light box and lights!)
       
      This is the terrain element that was included in the Warhammer 40,000 Battle for Macraggae boxed starter set.
       






       
      WIP is available over at: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/93848-dusting-off-a-few-older-projects-to-finish-off-2020/
    • By Inarah
      Here is Lashana, bad-elf female warrior-wizard. I was inspired by a movie I saw recently.  Really enjoyed working with the red and orange colors.  I like how non-traditional and energizing the color scheme is. 
       

       

       
    • By R2ED
      I realize it's not the weekend, but the week was quite busy and I'm happy to have got any of this done at all.  
       
      BATTLE REPORT!
       
      This little wizard's focus for me was going to be brighter colors and trying to do skin and hair better.  I think it came out pretty well.
       
      Wins:
      *  The base color of red tone and highlighting upward to flesh tone seems to be a good mix.  
      *  Keeping to adjacent colors on the color wheel made for a pleasing, eye-catching combo.  I have to say using the reds, oranges, and browns was pretty fun.
      *  I did as much highlighting and avoiding washes as I could.  This has been my practice over the last number of models I've done.  I don't get how the videos show people just splashing it on for amazing results.  I don't get it, can't seem to do it the same, so I resort to taking more time on starting dark and going light.  Much like Dr. Faust's painting videos.  I've learned much from watching him.
      *  Mixing paints is getting better.  I used like colors to lighten and highlight and I'm getting a better balance and understanding of how they may look really different wet, but getting to know how they dry and differs greatly.  
      *  The eyes worked better going in order of black first, white second, black third.  I was doing a white, black, white and it made the eyes look weird.  @Inarah pushed me to try something different and it's been working better.  
      *  The brown hair with little highlights came out good and I'm trying to be very light in my touch to get subtle look versus stark.  Win!
       
      Misses: 
      *  The staff is okay.  I tried to give it like some kind of weathered look or cool effect at the end, but it just didn't sing like I had hoped.
      *  On the back of his cape, there's a part that I tried shading inf that just didn't look believable to the eye.  I tried to hit it a few times to catch the light and how to lighten the edgest, but it was lost on me.  Fail.
      *The skin on his hand held out has a funny look to it up close.  I tried to bring out some of pads of his fingers and palm, but it doesn't look as good as I had hoped.
       
      Overall it's another win, and I'm happy with the results.  
    • By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here's what I painted last week, a Skeleton Horde by Games Workshop / Citadel Miniatures from 1986. I mounted them on 25mm base and converted a few of them. I used remaining parts from other minis and changed some shields, skulls and weapons. I also printed two army trays to be able to move them more easily and change their arrangement on the game table. There's 16 skeletons in total and I intend to use them during future D&D games.
       

       

       

       

       

       

       
      More pictures under the spoiler (64 pictures).
       
       
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 1 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...